Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Logo Dealer That's NOT Mikado USA?

Ok guys. I've looked all over and can't find who the new USA dealer is of Mikado Logos that is NOT Mikado USA?

Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's because Mikado USA is the dealer...
Old 06-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Ron. I was just looking for a friend that is thinking about getting a Logo and wanted to know what USA sources carried them. I knew Mikado USA was the #1 place but thought another large USA retailer also started selling Logos. If not, they must have stopped.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are thinking of Ready Heli they were the predecessor of Mikado USA but there has not been a Logo sold outside of those two places in North America for a LONG time.

Now there is Ken at RC Flight Store in Canada. Long story short Ken is the 1 and ONLY exception to the rule. He was a Logo dealer long prior to RH or MUSA becoming one. He has just been grandfathered in and allowed to keep selling Mikado products as he is a long time Mikado dealer but does not have big stock levels. Never has. Nice guy though...

MUSA distributes V-Bar products to other shops that want them but not Logo helis... Not now anyway. If that ever changes your guess as good as mine.

MUSA has NO STOCK issues. If the part is not in stock it is because Mikado is out of stock or etc.

Just remember you "may and I say may" be out of a part for a Logo in the middle of heavy flying season as Mikado is NOT the largest heli company out there. This can happen to ANY heli. Can, Has and Will. I have flown them all over the years...

I said all that to say Mikado USA is a reliable place to shop... Good as RH was in its hey day...

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Norman. Like I said, I was just checking as a friend mentioned getting parts (if he were to buy a Logo) and I thought someone else in the US started carrying them. Guess I was just mistaken or maybe it was just the V-Bar unit that someone else started stocking.

No biggie.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anytime buddy...
Old 06-08-2014, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurase View Post
If you are thinking of Ready Heli they were the predecessor of Mikado USA but there has not been a Logo sold outside of those two places in North America for a LONG time.

Now there is Ken at RC Flight Store in Canada. Long story short Ken is the 1 and ONLY exception to the rule. He was a Logo dealer long prior to RH or MUSA becoming one. He has just been grandfathered in and allowed to keep selling Mikado products as he is a long time Mikado dealer but does not have big stock levels. Never has. Nice guy though...

MUSA distributes V-Bar products to other shops that want them but not Logo helis... Not now anyway. If that ever changes your guess as good as mine.

MUSA has NO STOCK issues. If the part is not in stock it is because Mikado is out of stock or etc.

Just remember you "may and I say may" be out of a part for a Logo in the middle of heavy flying season as Mikado is NOT the largest heli company out there. This can happen to ANY heli. Can, Has and Will. I have flown them all over the years...

I said all that to say Mikado USA is a reliable place to shop... Good as RH was in its hey day...

Norman Ross Jr.

+1....an understatement of MUSA....
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
I thought someone else in the US started carrying them. Guess I was just mistaken or maybe it was just the V-Bar unit that someone else started stocking.
The confusion is understandable. Mikado started allowing other retailers to carry their electronics. For instance amain.com is selling vbars and I know at least a few others have picked them up.

But for Logo helis and parts, Mikado USA is the one and only dealer/retailer/distributor for the U.S. And they're fantastic.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think they are going to have more dealers soon ...
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
I think they are going to have more dealers soon ...
For electronics, that's likely. For kits and parts, definitely not.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

time will tell , a local dealer has said he will be carrying parts soon ...
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

that scares me investing in a large product as this with only one dealership in the US, am i the only one? things happen buildings get shut down for whatever reason, unforeseen things happen. so what kind of assurance will i have that ill be able to get parts if the unforeseen happens? i would feel comfortable with a company that had a larger source of outlets for parts and kits at competitive prices. i also know its a double edged sword being too big and causing a demise of a company. anyways im very interested in mikado helis, i have my eye on the 690sx and its a huge investment! just dont want to get burned in the long run and i would have pulled the trigger already if i felt the company has a strong foot hold in the states ya know.

~John
Shadow46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow46 View Post
if i felt the company has a strong foot hold in the states
It does, and has for a long time. Buy with confidence. Mikado USA may be a new company but isn't made up of new players. And Mikado is as established as they come in this hobby and continues to break new ground.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes having one dealership has been raised before, reason is to keep parts flowing through one channel and not spread across many. Even with the recent events that took place for the previous dealer shutting down at the begining of the year a sucession plan was put into place to assure that support would continue with a limitied amount of interuption. One thing that is now evident is that with a name of MikadoUSA expect that service/support/parts be focused on one name/brand and not diluted down when a store carries a multitude of makes. Take a look at the dealer array (http://shop.mikado-heli.de/Dealers.h...&c=4728&p=4728) to show they do have a widespread demand.

Mikado might not be on the front page of news information as often as others but that can be a good thing. I would rather own a setup that isn't upgraded year after year. Companies that do that are chasing the current dollar and thier consumer is based on the hot current item, companies built on that must then transition those consumers into a loyal base or continue to release new stuff. I would like to think that Mikado has built thier company on almost a loyal consumer that knows of the stuff out there but please with a product that has stood the test of time. With the recent SX line Mikado can continue to adapt into the future with very few changes to a common design.

Wynn
Old 06-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow46 View Post
that scares me investing in a large product as this with only one dealership in the US, am i the only one? things happen buildings get shut down for whatever reason, unforeseen things happen. so what kind of assurance will i have that ill be able to get parts if the unforeseen happens? i would feel comfortable with a company that had a larger source of outlets for parts and kits at competitive prices. i also know its a double edged sword being too big and causing a demise of a company. anyways im very interested in mikado helis, i have my eye on the 690sx and its a huge investment! just dont want to get burned in the long run and i would have pulled the trigger already if i felt the company has a strong foot hold in the states ya know.
Are you "trolling"?.......
Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Logo Dealer That's NOT Mikado USA?

How many years has mikado had a dealer in the US? People are still Questioning dealer support? Shoot even compass has been pretty stable.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
Yes having one dealership has been raised before, reason is to keep parts flowing through one channel and not spread across many. Even with the recent events that took place for the previous dealer shutting down at the begining of the year a sucession plan was put into place to assure that support would continue with a limitied amount of interuption. One thing that is now evident is that with a name of MikadoUSA expect that service/support/parts be focused on one name/brand and not diluted down when a store carries a multitude of makes. Take a look at the dealer array (http://shop.mikado-heli.de/Dealers.h...&c=4728&p=4728) to show they do have a widespread demand.

Mikado might not be on the front page of news information as often as others but that can be a good thing. I would rather own a setup that isn't upgraded year after year. Companies that do that are chasing the current dollar and thier consumer is based on the hot current item, companies built on that must then transition those consumers into a loyal base or continue to release new stuff. I would like to think that Mikado has built thier company on almost a loyal consumer that knows of the stuff out there but please with a product that has stood the test of time. With the recent SX line Mikado can continue to adapt into the future with very few changes to a common design.

Wynn
thats the kinda response i like to see. it makes sense why they keep it the way they are and has me look at it in a 'different light' so to say. i really like there product a buddy of mine has two mikados and every time i see them fly i want one lol im not a pro by far im still new but im dedicated to improving and love the hobby so im looking for something that will so to say "last the test of time" just looking for some assurance im making the right move

John

~John
Shadow46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
How many years has mikado had a dealer in the US? People are still Questioning dealer support?
I'd prefer to be able to make my entire order from one place rather than having to order parts from 2 or even 3 different online stores because none of them have all the parts I need. To date I've had to multi-source after a crash for Align, MSH and Synergy.

Sole source can be a blessing if it is done right. Ideally it allows Mikado to provide a higher level of support.

I also agree that a great product that was well thought out to begin with doesn't need a constant stream of upgrades and new versions.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
Are you "trolling"?.......
Just an FYI, I'm the buddy John mentioned. He is fairly new and doesn't know a lot about the brand but is very interested in getting a Logo.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fair enough, Dave

Glad he's wising up from the Blade BS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in