Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Official Warp 360 COG Video

Note how the battery is installed with the wires facing in, this is very important when setting up your warp 360 cog

Mike
Nankinhobby.com
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1, my Warp balances perfectly with the pretty lightweight Thor 1350mAh pack and I have the wires/connectors facing backwards as described in the video. Also +1 for the Edge blades
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default balance

I call shenanigans with a Turnigy 1300 mA battery which is at 224 g I still need to add a 42 g 2s rx battery up front to balance. That battery looked big. What's it weigh?
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No games,its legit....that battery weighs 238 grams and it didn't have a connector on it also the scorpion is heavier then the compass motor..I don't have access to turnigy batteries but your welcome to send one over and we will see if we can get it to balance

Mike
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Cool......thanks for the video. I'm about to throw those exact blades on my heli (btw, thanks for getting them in the mail so quickly, Mike, I got them today), and will recheck CG being as you say they are a tad lighter. I'm also anxious to fly the heli with the Edge tail blades.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Official Warp 360 COG Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
I call shenanigans with a Turnigy 1300 mA battery which is at 224 g I still need to add a 42 g 2s rx battery up front to balance. That battery looked big. What's it weigh?
I'll post a vid with the turnigy pack tonight. No tricks or magic.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nicely done, Mike & Dave!

+1 on the Edge 60mm tail blades ... I'm running them on mine and the tail is rock solid @ 50% tail gain in my SK720.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice video Dave! Yes my warp balances as well and im running the gens ace 1200Mah 40C packs, and those only weigh 210g. I think I may have to order some edge tail blades to try.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

OUTSTANDING DAVE!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i will add i didnt have the chinese weights on my tail. my ESC is also sticking out the front about an inch as well. its also important to make sure your leads are facing towards the frame. if they are the other way they will hit the canopy and not let you move the battery forward enough.
Prostarhobby.com
Dave Ketelhut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice video from our friends at Nankin Hobby...

I hadn't thought to place my ESC forward any further than the front of the frames, but With the current Thor 1350's, as they are "stubby", may not need to do that.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave and mike thanks for the help tonight. My warp balances out good with the pulse batts.
nino8309 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I first viewed, seeing the longer battery made me think it was a larger, heavier pack, but it's not. Since it's the Pulse 1350, it's about the same weight as the others we've been discussing in the 1300-1350 range. My Thor 1350's weigh 225g on my scale. In effect, there is less battery extending forward to achieve the same balance as in Dave's machine. I could also see that a single strap and the pack near the nose, it wouldn't go anywhere either. I also noted the advantage of having the battery discharge leads oriented to the rear to allow the pack to get closer to the nose if needed.

The Pulse battery does have more velcro surface contact area...LOL
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How is this possible

I don't get it. How is it possible to balance this heli? without larger packs or more weight? Here is a video of mine with everything as far forward as possible with 62 mm cf blades and a battery at 224g.
What am I doing wrong/ differently? my heli has 1300 mah nanotech 45/90c 6s at 224 g, YGE60, turnigy 306g-hv servos all around, ar7200bx and stock motor/pinion. This comes in at a hair under 1kg. I need to add a 42g 2s lipo in the front to balance bringing me to approx. 1038g which is super heavy for a 450. Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?
[ame]http://youtu.be/hpaR6_0JQmg[/ame]
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
I don't get it. How is it possible to balance this heli? without larger packs or more weight? Here is a video of mine with everything as far forward as possible with 62 mm cf blades and a battery at 224g.

http://youtu.be/hpaR6_0JQmg
My Warp balances perfectly with basically the same configuration, but I have a 29g WR super mini BEC in the front as well. Maybe that's what making the difference, my HC-3SX is spec:ed at exactly the same weight as the AR7200BX.

What's the weight of your ESC? I have a Koby 40 that weighs in at 42g.

I'm just trying to see if the difference is as simple as the different weight in electronics.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

we had edge 60mm tails as well not 62mm also i think moving that beastx foward could help as well...we had room to spare in the nose using the pulse battery.

it does say in the manual that compass recommends batteries weighing no less then 230g, i am thinking 235g should be the minimum

mike
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default so no way

What are the overall weights of your birds that are balancing with the same size (or close) batteries? It seems theres no way but to add the Rx battery(don't need it bec works excellent on the YGE) or bigger flight batteries. I was hoping to stay under a kilo. Oh well, It's flying pretty good like this and more stable with the extra weight.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Appreciate the video. But why let the tail drop from vertical?

After watching the original video in this thread, I rechecked my balance holding the heli sideways (hadn't done that before) and it was a bit tail heavy. All I had to do was move my battery forward about 1/2 inch to get it to balance "properly".

I'm using Chrome 1300mAh 35C batteries with Dean's connectors. My Koby 40 is forward to the point where the Caps are protruding from under the tray. I'm using one Compass velcro strap. I also have a couple of strips of extreme tape in the canopy to prevent chafing of any wires that might rub up against it.

When I checked the balance using the recommended method, I did not let the tail fall like you did. I checked it on both sides as well. I have Edge 60mm tail blades on it with the Chinese weights. I don't know.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default vertical

Thought It would help to show how far out of balance it is without the Rx pack. it takes a bit of weight to get it to fall from near vertical Due to the direction of the force. If you hold it out straight and it slowly rotates that's barely off. If you have it almost vertical and it starts rotating you know you're way tail heavy or vice versa. I should have held it a bit higher then you could see after it swinging down so fast it stops before it gets horizontal again which is less than a 1/4 rotation from bottom.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you have any more room to move your battery forward? with the brick stile packs they are pretty tight against my canopy for proper balancing, also what tail blades are you running?
Prostarhobby.com
Dave Ketelhut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in