Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor and vibrations

my heli is a Tarot 450 sport beltdrive tail, 3500 kv tarot motor 14t pinion 150t main gear.
Is FM sensitive to vibrations? test running my heli clamped to my bench without blades on, i would power up to 25%, and servos would start jerking. so I removed the head, put a new main shaft and gear in, reduced gain to 0 in FM with programming box. now without the head on, the heli has the vibes reduced quite abit but not totally gone, especially at max rpm (which i have no idea how fast it is). vibes less than an electric razor, red light starts flickering to green, the more power i give it. servos are still moving around abit. reduced throttle curve to 50% max., as it seemed rpms where quite high. next test run light still flickers and servos twitch.
gonna get an optical tach tomorrow if i can find one at the LHS.
also did a factory reset on FM which seemed to help with the situation. now FM is responding backwards on both axies. back to the top to read up on that.

Last edited by KennyCanuck; 04-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: more info
KennyCanuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may be that the internal BEC in the ESC is not up to the job. You may require an external 5A BEC.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i will look into one when i'm at the hobby shop tomorrow. my esc is a flyfun 40a w a 5v 3a bec. i just put blades back on and set pitch as per setup sticky and even with a minimum rpm run the light changes color back and forth, but the FM responds when i tilt the heli, and servo twitch is still there.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

With a 3500 motor and 14t pinion head speed is going to be fast and I expect things are getting hot, try a 12 tooth.
If you have digital servo's they may twitch a little with no load on, push down on the swash a little to see if the twitching stops.
Test with main blades on vibs may well reduce and it will put some load on the servos.
Check all connections and re-route the esc to RX wire keeping it away from other wires as much as possible.
Check that balancer gain is set to +70.
With the heli close to the ground the LED should flash several times when you connect the battery and then change to flickering green then solid green when the heli get a little off the ground provided you are outside and there is enough light.

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 04-23-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will try that tonight and let you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in