Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This heli has definitly peaked my interest. VERY NICE! Looking thru the manual , i dont see any servo specs. This heli seems to fall roughly in the 50 class ,maybe a bit larger. I am currently running Hitec digital HS-5485HB servos on my 50 class ships.( cyclic & throttle) GY-401 & Fut. S-9254 keepin the tail strait. These Hitec servos are pumping out 89 oz of tourqe @ 6V. Does anyone know if they would be sufficient for the Radikal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Uk Paul
the mineral oil dose not provide the right level of lubrication for the engine at the running temps, on a modified zenoah like one from hanson or trm this becomes even more important as the temps are even higher. The persons engine I'm talking about needed a new liner piston and head. Mineral oil can be used for 1 or 2 tanks at break in but no more.
I run mine at 40:1 ratio without probs max, oil says I should mix at 50:1 zenoah say 40:1

and finnaly
Jack d gassers are just a bit heavier then nitro so use your normal gear for a simmerly sized nitro
Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info Joe. How about this stuff for the Radikal engine? Castrol A747, semi synthetic caster oil stuff...

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-768-cast...troke-oil.aspx
Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-926-motu...mpionship.aspx

This is the stuff I use (loads cheaper then castrol oils) it was recommend to me by several people that ride 2-stroke bikes, that castrol oil says it's for water cooled engines which run cooler then air cooled engines. If you use it check your plug/piston after every flight at first to check its ok. If your engine starts to coke up stop using it straight away.

this is the post about the trm g23 that went wrong theres allot of info in this post about oil and break in of zenoah engines. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=152524

Theres pictures of the damage in there as well hope this helps

Good luck with the g20 I just need to find a uk supplier now

Joe
Old 11-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers again. I'll have a read through the thread a little later...

I was hoping I could use the A747 stuff as that is what I've used in my 1/5th scale cars for years & it would be nice and simple just to have one oil for all my gas engines. It's a highly popular oil at the racetrack. Caster oil is a bit 'old tech' though I suppose compared to the more modern fully synth options. Lots of opinions out there as to what oil is best to use in gas engines it seems, hard to know which one to pick for the best. Too many choices lol.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it works in your cars it should be fine. As i said just keep an eye on the plug at first
At least your used to Gas engines, I'd never used gas on any of my models when i got my G
Old 11-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i just came in from the second flight on my radical.
I'm running it very rich for breakin,and it still gets 15 min flights
this motor really whants to scream, About half way through each tank it just took off, I had running rich so that it was fourstroking and doing forward flight,rolls loops, flips rainbows and such , just takeing it easy on it, with ocasional collective stabs to help it break in,but on both flights half way in it just took off like it came on the pipe or something, I wonder if it was the pipe coming up to temp or the motor warming up and looseing up, each time i landed and richened it back up and then it was so rich it would bareley fly.so i lean it back down and then after a few min it would take off again.
so on the second tank i put the restrictors in it and retuned it and sure enough same thing.
Any of you gasser guy's familar with this little phenomina?

I checked the motor temp on landing 125 degree f, so plenty rich.so I backed off the throttle curve a few points and i'll try again

I fly's just like my ravens and nx 50 with the excepion that the collective is less sensitive almost like i had put expo in it, but i didn't.I think it's the extra wheight, It's actually kinda nice , makes it really easy to fly smooth.
rolls and flips are good ,tracks awesome,and man is it a sweet heart of a motor to start and tune,idles great,the needles are VERY sensitve though,vibration is almost non exsitantALOT less then my trex700's one with OS 90hz and one with YS 91, It even seams better them my hyper 50's, witch seams hard to beleive but when i idles on my steel top bench it sits there no vibs , and thats with no rubber skids.My 90's will vibrate themeselves off the bench in a few seconds and the 50 hypers aren't far behind.
there was a couple times where the jetting came in and i did some full collective climb outs and it was just like in the first video.
MAXHSHV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your curves.
Butterfly carbs on gassers are non linier. your carb will reach hover power at just 25% throttle and 3d power at about 40ish % mid stick also start to leen it out a bit and remember Gassers don't smoke. Smoke on a gasser is bad (you will get a little at start up but should have only vapour at running temps)

Glad to hear you like it. once you get the motor sorted you'l wonder why you ever botherd with nitro :-)
Old 11-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah i did some adjusting to the throttle curves and your right about the 25% and 40% thing, I was way to high and ounce it warmed up so it could burn all the fuel i was giveing it , it justy took off, I lowerd my curves and hovered it in front of me for a minute or so and listened and whatched and it fourstrokes every couple seconds still in a hover so it must be plenty rich still, has to be the butterfly carb like you said, now that i have 4 tanks through it the power is really comeing on.just doing some short rocket launches and it does pretty good at holding pitch now
I think that a govenor is a must with the tall gear ratio and the high rpms that this motor likes.
I have a gv1 and an alighn govener .tonight i will try and get one of them to work on it.then tommorow see if i can finish breaking it in so i can start flogging it.this takeing it easy is killing me, I have to grab one of my other heleis in between flights to get the bugg out so i can settle down for the radical and be nice to it.It's just so hard cause i can tell it has some good power on tap.
sounds like i have the jetting close goeing off joe's word because it smokes at spool up and then it's just a wisp .
I am finding a new problem Iv'e never had before, trying to maintain focus for 15 minutes, man i don't know how the gasser guys do it.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:23 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really would like one of these, still waiting to hear from the Australian distributor on price and stuff, only just got a Nitro 50 and find it quite icky on clean up

Anyone need a Raptor 50 ? will trade for Radikal ;-)

Tom
Twinck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

3 more flights todaythe motor is really starting to wake up, I installed a GV1 last night and today i tryed different rpms and this motor really comes to life at 13000rpms, I didn't try any higher, the word is that 13800 is peak but will need the 6.4 gear ratio to try because that would be 2350 headspeed with the 6/1 gr.
I have 7 tanks through it and have used less then a half gallon of fuel for 90 min of flying this is even cheaper to fly then A123'S
Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha.......
Looks like another convert to gas.
Can't wait to get one of these now just a bit peeved a century uks price £770 sterling that's about $1350 us, it can't cost that much to ship.

Max the tail will kick a little at first this means your fuel is bang on the money. It will take about 5 gallans for it to run in then it should stop.

Happy flying
Joe
Old 11-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #73 (permalink)
t2o
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is there any reason, that someone here in the states could not buy it state side, and then list it on eBay for international sale? With the kind on mark up your retailer is making there is room for you to save a bunch and the seller could make a little too!
t2o is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks joe for the info. thats what mine does , when the motor forstrokes the tail tics a bit.good to know that i'm doing it right
you're right about another converted gasser

I must be the only one flying one of these things, i was thinking there would be more traffic on this thread. I know the atleast 4 of them are out there because bobby at rre models has sold that many, thats where i got mine.
and he has one himself, him and i have been shareing info as we learn about it.I guess he just got a hanson igniyion module for his, he said that it's half the size and weight and will run on a single cell lipo.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXHSHV View Post
thanks joe for the info. thats what mine does , when the motor forstrokes the tail tics a bit.good to know that i'm doing it right
you're right about another converted gasser

I must be the only one flying one of these things, i was thinking there would be more traffic on this thread. I know the atleast 4 of them are out there because bobby at rre models has sold that many, thats where i got mine.
and he has one himself, him and i have been shareing info as we learn about it.I guess he just got a hanson igniyion module for his, he said that it's half the size and weight and will run on a single cell lipo.
Can you provide a few links? Who is Hanson? Who is rre models.
I am VERY interested in this heli. I've flown G20 for 2 or 3 years in my Funtana and I like it very much. I got rid of the stock Ig long ago because it is a POWER hog. 13000 rpm sure sounds high for this engine. I may take my Funtana's G20 and put it in the heli. Put new engine in Funtana. I've been wanting to try flybarless....maybe try it on this heli as well. If I get a Radikal I will join you here for sure.
Thanks, MichaelGa

Max,
I found BH Hanson and rre. Figured rre models was short for "real rotor entusist" or something. Please keep up updated on your likes and dislikes.

Last edited by Michael Ga; 11-23-2009 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Wanted Too
Michael Ga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got one on the way. Going to do a review of it for InsideHeli. Can't wait to get my hands on it
Old 11-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #77 (permalink)
t2o
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good news Sparx-! Going FBL right from the get go or try it stock first?
t2o is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx- View Post
Got one on the way. Going to do a review of it for InsideHeli. Can't wait to get my hands on it
Excellent. Looking forward to your review...
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

For Info Hanson and TRM (toxic racing motors) sell modified zenoah engines that produce more power and run allot smoother

Hanson can be found at http://www.bhhanson.com
And TRM motors are sold through Min air at. http://www.miniatureaircraftusa.com

Never heard of rre Models anyone else drop a link for this?
I'd be intrested myself.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bailey View Post
Never heard of rre Models anyone else drop a link for this?
I'd be intrested myself.
www.rremodels.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in