Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #641 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
Adobe is currently giving away Photoshop CS2 for free:
Doesn't look like they're actually giving it away:

Quote:
The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.
That being said, they're certainly making it easy for those of us who have not legitimately purchased CS2 to use it!
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #642 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course they cannot just say "here´s our software we charged you hundreds of dollars for - for free". That would be "damaging the brand", wouldn´t it?

EDIT: Dabeer, I hope I did not come across harsh against you. The roll eyes was more meant against Adobe, who charged me hundreds of dollars ...

EDIT2: Found the following Adobe blog entry:

"...These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers."

That last sentence has since been deleted from their blog (found it still posted on several other websites) :

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations...n-servers.html

Goes to show that they are indeed very aware what happens and I think this underpins the assumptions whatever&Copterguy are making.

I for my part did not want to endorse illegal proliferation of copyrighted software. I owe Adobe a lot as their CS is essential for what I´m doing at my job. In fact my job would be non- existent without them.

Last edited by dr dremel; 01-29-2013 at 04:40 PM..
dr dremel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #643 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If it was to be used only by customers who legitimately purchased it, wouldn't they have their own serial numbers, and not have to use posted ones?

180 CFX, Nano Cpx, Mcpx v2, Mcpx BL, 300X W/ Savox Servos and Don's Wicked, Trex 450L Dominator W/Skookum 720BE and GPS, DX9, (Retired Schluter Scout 60 and Junior 50)

Last edited by whatevva; 01-30-2013 at 12:51 AM..
whatevva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #644 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: mCPx Paper Canopy -- First Aftermarket mCPx Hop-Up?

Exactly! Adobe is smarter than that. They put this out for folks to use and learn from older versions so they will get hooked and then buy the upgrades. (Of course this is only my theory…)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #645 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterGuy View Post
Exactly! Adobe is smarter than that. They put this out for folks to use and learn from older versions so they will get hooked and then buy the upgrades. (Of course this is only my theory…)
+1!

Clever!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #646 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
EDIT: Dabeer, I hope I did not come across harsh against you. The roll eyes was more meant against Adobe, who charged me hundreds of dollars ...
No worries. Not like I didn't download it
Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #647 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default mCP-X P-51 canopy

Did this on a slow day at work today. Was a request from Prostreet. You will need the pepakura viewer here---> http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-e...ad/viewer.html
and the .pdo file here---> https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=64

Click on the attached thumbnail so it opens as a big image, then right click and 'save as' and save it where ever you want.

Open Pepakura and load the mCPX file from the second download. Then under settings, click on texture setting. Then click on specify texture image and load the .jpeg image. Can print it from pepakura and it prints as a paper folding image with lines for folding and cutting. You can play with the pepakura settings and get rid of the fold marks if you like (that's what I do) Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mCP-X P-51.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	394377  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #648 (permalink)
Registered Users

I some how managed to screw up printing the shark... But with a few modifications, BAM 130x canopy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shark.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	397695  
fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #649 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help!!! please

How do you bring the bottom of the TDR canopies together???? I'm having trouble finishing it.
Thanks,
Bill
billj33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #650 (permalink)
Registered Users

I start with the bottom

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=539

But in the end you can do it any which way. I find it easiest to always attach the tabs on the nose and work from there.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #651 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I put the nose together with all 4 pieces and then work the top to both sides one tab on each side and then one side of the bottom and then the other side of the bottom. Just taking my time to do one tab at a time. Takes some practice but that is what works best for me.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #652 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks,
It looks like I'm missing a piece? Is there another piece like the top that is used for the bottom?
Bill
Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #653 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Free photo editor

This program works pretty good, and is simple to use.

http://www.gimp.org/
Hiram is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #654 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj33 View Post
Thanks,
It looks like I'm missing a piece? Is there another piece like the top that is used for the bottom?
Bill
Sorry, totally forgot: It depends on the template you used. The original template from cyllika (sp?) did not have a separate bottom piece. I modified my printouts for the reason you posted and removed a part from the sides and added this as a one piece bottom.

I would suggest to begin with the bottom and doing the top last.

Dr
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #655 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dr. Dremel,
Thanks that's what I've been missing.
Bill
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #656 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am starting to investigate using bathtub caulk to seal the inside gaps. This version is paintable so if any comes though I can use a marker to match colors. (have not yet on this one)

I put packing tape over these before I cut them out and put it together taping the outside to seal all gaps then apply the caulk. This one is a combo tape caulk but seems to work pretty well. Might add some extra weight but it's pretty negligible on a brushless build.

A question on this style canopy though. Are you guys able to mount the battery IN the canopy or UNDER the canopy? I find if I set it to mount the battery in the canopy the main board with stick out the top (barely) and the mounting holes will have to be placed very close to the top edge of the canopy. I'm worried about it ripping through being that close.

fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #657 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: mCPx Paper Canopy -- First Aftermarket mCPx Hop-Up?

I mount the battery inside the canopy. I did find I had an issue once but it turned out to be a scaling issue when I printed it out and it came out smaller than normal. If scaled right, my battery fits inside and the canopy pins pop through about where the 'o' is in Mobil.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #658 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great looking with the low pro skids! Don't know how the battery fits with these, but I guess it´s in the same position?

I made the upper part with a little "spoiler" on top to give room for the 3n1 as you can (barely) see here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=610

It´s still a tight fit, but as we cannot use the front posts I figured the canopy should be held snugly by the batt holder (from the inside).
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #659 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringin View Post
I am starting to investigate using bathtub caulk to seal the inside gaps. This version is paintable so if any comes though I can use a marker to match colors. (have not yet on this one)

I put packing tape over these before I cut them out and put it together taping the outside to seal all gaps then apply the caulk. This one is a combo tape caulk but seems to work pretty well. Might add some extra weight but it's pretty negligible on a brushless build.

A question on this style canopy though. Are you guys able to mount the battery IN the canopy or UNDER the canopy? I find if I set it to mount the battery in the canopy the main board with stick out the top (barely) and the mounting holes will have to be placed very close to the top edge of the canopy. I'm worried about it ripping through being that close.
You might want to turn your tail motor the right way around, the way you have it setup , MOST of the air is being pushed into the tail fin. Not good :-)
TBS Discovery FPV
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #660 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some 7mm motors run CCW if connected with with correct polarity, so you turn motor/rotor to the other side. Been running such a setup for 300 flights on each of my birds now, no problems with TBO whatsoever.

Tags
free, hop-up, mcpx, paper canopy, red camo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in