Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 140 degree ccpm

I'm going to be converting my new extreme to 140. I haven't heard anything negative about 140 ccpm, and I'm curious why it's so much better. A lot of people are saying it really changes the way their heli flies, but I'd like to know why there's such a difference if anyone has the answer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you look at your swash form the side, you will see that the two forward inputs, (pitch and aileron) are not half the distance from the main shaft as the elevator input is. Even though when viewed from the top, on 120 CCPM everything is equadistant, it is not accurate in motion. The 140 conversion makes the input points the same distance from the main mast fore and aft as well as left to right. I don't know how to describe it, but when i put it on my Straty, it was a wholey different animal. And I liked it.

Lou
Old 09-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I see that makes sense.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

I did convert my Fury Extreme (120°) to at Stratus,
and the same time i change to 140°.
It works very good.
Roll are much better.

ChopperKnud
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

We got the 140 conversion kits in yesterday. We have 3 left if anyone else is interested. I'll be converting mine soon.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how much $$
timvan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

There is a 140 deg CCPM conversion for the Fury Extreme 0217-5

There is also a 140 deg CCPM conversion for the Stratus. The newer Stratus frames are set up for 120 or 140. But you will need the Stratus conversion if they are not the new style frames. It is different than the Extreme conversion. The swashplate hardware is the same, it is the frame hardware that is different.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

David do you have to invert the aileron servo and pitch servo position on stratus new frames?
Eduardo Flores
Eduardo Flores is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Flores View Post
David do you have to invert the aileron servo and pitch servo position on stratus new frames?
Eduardo Flores
The servos are still in the same position as the 120 CCPm
Old 10-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Kenny
thanks I will proceed with the same position as 120
rgds
Eduardo Flores
Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Kenny
In the case of using the stratus new frames is the 140 ccpm conversion frame hardware still usefull?
rgds
Eduardo Flores
Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yes the 140 deg CCPM hardware will still work with the new Stratus frames. The swashplate hardware is all the same for 140 deg eCCPM.

David
Old 10-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

David
How about the little mounts that supposed to be glued to the inside of the frames still need those??
rgds
Eduardo
Old 10-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Eduardo,
I have not really looked at the new style Stratus frames. I know they are suppose to have the option of 120 or 140 deg eCCPM. So I would think everything on the frames is there for 140 deg eCCPM. The pem nut is installed in the frames for the 140 deg. eCCPM is what I understand.

David
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

David
Yes you are right the new frames came with Pem already installed , thats why I got confussed with those little mounts that also have Pem in the 140 conversion kit, I didnt find the reason and the way to place them on in the new frames. might dont need those ??. thanks a lot for your help.
rgds
Eduardo Flores
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
GM1
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Yup!

The new frames have been modified to better suit 140 CCPM. The original frames were a little thin there and needed the extra reinforcement but the new ones are rigid enough not to need the little extra pieces with the pem nut. I have more Stratus 140 CCPM time than probably anyone else as mine was the first prototype. It worked so well and cured so many CCPM evils that I was able to reprogram my 14MZ to take out most of the swash corrections I had dialed in with the 120 CCPM
Gordie
Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks Gordie for the explanation I will set the 140 directly and dont use the extra pieces. I have a 9 cap radio in reference to the mix elevator master and pitch slave I dont know what is the most correct settings for the % . What is the criteria to know if the % is correct before flying ??or during flying how is the chopper going to react due to the % amount set ??.How to know if it is set too high or too low %. thanks for your help
Regards
Eduardo Flores
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
GM1
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 9C

I have not set up a Stratus with a 9C but I would start with the CCPM mixes around 70% and that seems to be pretty close. I think I ended up with 60% collective and 72% cyclics in my 14MZ. I used a MA swash gauge to set the pmixes that keep the swash level throughout the entire pitch range. I would use a pitch to aileron and a pitch to elev mix on the 9C. The 14MZ has dedicated mixes to do the same thing.
I set the %ags to get the feel I wanted in flight and it is a very personal feeling, individual for each flyer.
Gordie
Old 10-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

Default 140 Deg Swashplate with 120 deg Radio

My radio, JR10SXII, has built in programming for the 120 deg swashplate. If I switch to the 140 deg swashplate for my Stratus do I have to deselect the 120 deg swashplate option and do all the mixing myself?
Niko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl View Post
My radio, JR10SXII, has built in programming for the 120 deg swashplate. If I switch to the 140 deg swashplate for my Stratus do I have to deselect the 120 deg swashplate option and do all the mixing myself?
You will leave it setup for 120 deg CCPM. You will just add a mix. Even thou the below is on a Futaba website. The mix describe will work for any radio that has a free mixer and 120 deg CCPM capabilty to make it able to do 140 deg CCPM

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9z-q455.html

Quote:
In order to accommodate a 140 CCPM setup with the 9Z requires the use of one program mix. The program mix that is necessary is elevator as Master to pitch as Slave. With my Caliber it requires -35% down linear mix and -33 up linear mix. The only other change is in the SWH menu. The elevator rate will need to be increased to approximately 70 to give the same control input as the standard 120 CCPM using a rate of 50. With these changes the Futaba will fly 140 CCPM perfectly. That is the setup I flew at the NATS with the Caliber. Using the 140 CCPM gives a more precise feel to the elevator inputs but does not change the collective or aileron feel.

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in