Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Post Got my 3D V2 Frenzy today!

I'm Happy I made the excuse to get a 3D Frenzy for Fathers Day, picked up a set of 600m CY stick bangers and the 92m tail blades a TT53 red line and the new metal tail case but have to get equip bit at a time, researching all the mechanical issues while I wait. I am looking for info on how and part numbers to change the flybar to a longer 4m rod. Do I have to drill or change anything in the head to convert to this size? any info would be appreciated. Thanks

PS also a little concerned about bearing issues, are there any aftermarket upgrades that are being used?
ALewin6247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flybar

Here's what I did. I just bought a 3mm 440mm flybar and some 3mm stubz, put them on and voila' no drilling or changing anything, flies great , good response. I still have the weights on that came with the stubz, but soon i will move them in or take them off.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh i almost forgot....i had to loctite both bearings in the starter bearing block, they were trying to spin inside. some of their tolerences are a little loose on the bearings i have found. Please make sure everything is loctited, there are reports of some of the things were not loctited from the manufacturer. have fun and enjoy, i love mine, flew it this morning 5 times so i got my heli-fix for a few hours anyway....hahaha
Old 06-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird View Post
oh i almost forgot....i had to loctite both bearings in the starter bearing block, they were trying to spin inside. some of their tolerences are a little loose on the bearings i have found. Please make sure everything is loctited, there are reports of some of the things were not loctited from the manufacturer. have fun and enjoy, i love mine, flew it this morning 5 times so i got my heli-fix for a few hours anyway....hahaha
Tim, thanks for the quick reply. I'm sorry for some reason I thought people were converting the flybar to a 4mm OD for less flex in forward flight. I guess the 440mm length gives the head more authority, what brand or model # was that and did it come in stainless steal? also ill be sure to loctite everything as well as the bearings on the starter shaft. PS. I really like the paint job you did on your canopy, I wish I could paint that well. Thanks again, Mondo
Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flybar

Mondo, Here's the part # I used jrp961109 , I think its the one for a vibe 50. I dont know if they make a stainless steel one, mine is regular steel. I bought it at amain.
I saw where you are going to use a tt53 redline. I hope you have better luck with yours than I did. After breakin, everything looked good then on second flight engine started making a really loud noise then quit cold. I was able to auto in and save my frenzy. The head had come loose and it got hot. I put the head back on and after that never could get anywhere near a good needle valve setting, it was all over the place. So, I sent it back to tt and told them what happened, they repaired it and sent it back under warranty. They included a note saying that the crank case journal was improperly bored and that was the root cause. Its still sitting in the box. I put a os hyper on my frenzy, and so far after about 4 gallons through it, it is doing just fine. My buddy has a redline and his runs perfect, I think they have more power, its just to get a good one I guess.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Tim, sorry to here about the bad luck with the tt53 I hope its not something that is showing up on a regular basis, I still have the opportunity to switch as I got it locally ( I live 4 blocks from MTA Hobby's) and I know OS is lowering there prices right now but I had hoped for a stronger power plant but at the expense of reliability it wouldn't be worth it, I have never had one problem with any OS Eng I have ever owned. I still have time I'm trying to pick and choose carefully but I sure am anxious to fly after seeing all the fun you and everybody else is having with this bird. ill look up amain for the fly bar, thanks and to try and save a little (so I can finish sooner) I was thinking of just going with align everything,610s for cyc and throt, GY750 combo for the tail, 2 in 1 volt reg, align gov. I would rather Futaba 520 and Futaba gov but this gets me there $300.00 quicker. Anyway thanks for the replies and info Take care, Mondo
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the TT53 Redline in my Frenzy and it is a power house...
Running it with the matched pipe.. Running 12deg on the collective and 8deg on the cyclic and can't even bog it... The puchouts are impressive.. Right from the box she idles forever and rev's right up. I got the throttle jockey on it with the spectrum pickup and the throttle never varies... I think you will be happy with your choice..
Old 08-15-2009, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Post Been a while

Hey Bird,

It's been a while looking for a new flying job but I start ground and flight school in San Diego all next week so I can finish getting parts now, (haven't logged on since June) but in the mean time I wound up swapping that tt red line for an OS hyper and added a CY stick banger pipe to it. I also got a 9254 for the tail and 3, 9452's for the cyclic, not sure what to put on the throttle? I wound up getting a CY ATG gov. and the Align 3 in 1 reg. so just looking to finish off with a GY520 when I get back from school. Now all I need is some time.

Thanks again for the part # on that fly bar, this has been the first chance I've had to read all the newest threads and see a lot of good info. I see you've been getting some stick time and brought up your head speeds some. Glad the new engines working out.

Wondering if you have done anything with changing out to stiffer head dampers or adding washers to stiffen the head some more?, also read something about the GY520 not being compatible with other than 2.4 radios, my concern is that I have converted my Futaba 9CHP with a Spectrum 2.4 TX conversion mod and the 7000RX ($120.00)and wonder if that will affect the GY520 negatively? as that gyro is supposed to be very sensitive I hope not but just trying to get all the research out of the way for less surprises.

Well take care and keep burnin that nitro!
Mondo
Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default frenzy

Hey Mondo, glad you are getting more parts you're gonna love this bird.
I'm using a hitec 645mg on the throttle, but I think any good servo with metal gears would work fine on the throttle. As far as the gyro, I dont have any exp. with that one, im using the 401 right now, its good but it does give up on high speed backward flight. When I change it, I am planning on a jr 760 or770 or maybe a younglblood one, not sure yet.
Been flying it a lot, one new problem I had. Was after doing some pretty hard 3d the main shaft one way gave up and destroyed itself along with my main shaft, and I had one of the newer (hardened) mainshafts. I put the new one piece oneway bearing and new mainshaft. Got a couple flights on it, so I hope it holds up. Well good luck and stay in touch, if there is anything I can help with just let me know.....happy flying
Old 08-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default head dampers

Oh I forgot about that question, I am running the stock head dampers with no problems whatsoever, I did add about 1.5mm worth of shim to tighten up a bit. I dont think there is a need to go to any other head dampers. A-mains test pilot, Ben Storick uses the stock head dampeners and there isnt any thing he doesnt do with the frenzy for sure.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You are right about Ben, But you know that kid has religious collective management.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeppers he sure does, my collective managment is no where near that for sure. My frenzy loosened up quit a bit when it was new and after about 5 or 6 flights, thats when I added the shims and now about 12 gallons later, it still hasn't changed so I reckon its good enough for me now. I have heard of some guys using the goghbee dampeners, they say they are stiffer and works well. I am sure they would work fine too, when I change them I will probably try them out.

Well, I run 1 1/2 gallons through my frenzy today, man everytime I fly this thing its like the "first time rush" feeling, and thats a really good feeling. I am starting to get a high pitch squeaking sound, I think its the clutch or the one-way in the bearing, any Ideas?

I'll be waiting in line to get the 90. Never flew a 90 before so I am excited about getting it when its available.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I went to my local machinist and had him order me a new shim. I basically removed the thick shim and replaced it with a shim that covers about 3/4 of the damper. It works awsum! it stiffened the dampers up just right. No more blowouts for me, seeing that i have to work on my collective management.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in