Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 60/70/90

Thunder Tiger 60/70/90 Raptor 60/70/90 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default raptor 60 can anyone help

hi there all im new and would like as much help as possible , im looking at getting a raptor 60 v2 with a thunder tiger pro 70 engine , im getting the kit and the engine as a deal from a shop at a very good price . all i want the heli for is hovering and circuits initialy i just woundered what some of you thought of this heli and the engine . im getting this heli and engine for about what the kit is on its own , thanks for all your thoughts
rottweiler81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to Helifreak :-) You do realize that when you enter the Heli World, there is no turning back, and there is no cure :-)

The Raptor 60 is a very good, and capable machine. Some would say its "under powered" using the OS .70 engine. For what you want to do, I think its a great choice. You can set it up wild or mild with a few specific upgrades. The other great thing is that it is easily upgraded to a .90 sized heli if you so desire.

Sounds like your getting a very nice deal as well. I would use the money you saved, and invest in the best electronics you can afford. Read all the info you can on RC helies, ask for help on these forums, and get a flight simulator if you can. Then practice, practice, practice. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new Raptor, and welcome again :-)

"Depression is nothing more than anger, without enthusiasm"
Badger50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I've got a 60 with the OS-70, and for some maneuvers it feels like it could use the extra HP of a 90, but I love it. Its built like a tank, easy to build and parts are pretty reasonable. Mine has been very good to me so far!

T-Rex 470LP...
TCipolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default hi

thanks for the commets guys any more would be appreciated also what is the best servos and gyros too
rottweiler81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottweiler81 View Post
thanks for the commets guys any more would be appreciated also what is the best servos and gyros too
Well, my signature line has what I run in mine, and I've only had one servo fail. the gy-611 is a bit confusing to set up with the manual, but there's a good setup guide out there on the net. Plus, its stupid expensive. There are cheaper gyro/tail servo combos out there that work just as well if not better. One guy at my club has a Gy-401 on his 90 and it holds rock solid.

T-Rex 470LP...
TCipolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottweiler81 View Post
hi there all im new and would like as much help as possible , im looking at getting a raptor 60 v2 with a thunder tiger pro 70 engine , im getting the kit and the engine as a deal from a shop at a very good price . all i want the heli for is hovering and circuits initialy i just woundered what some of you thought of this heli and the engine . im getting this heli and engine for about what the kit is on its own , thanks for all your thoughts
That sounds like an excellent combo for a learner. I learned (learning) on a rappy 90 and my only complaint is how thirsty it is. buy fuel by the case, not the gallon . The 60/90 size is very stable and can be set up to react slowy, like a bus. It is also not affected by winds much, and will get you more flying days, where a 450 size or less on some windy days is no fun to fly and for a noob, impossible. I have flown on days this past winter where the winds were gusting to 25+ and while the rappy was not too hard to control in it. Parts easy to get, and it's a durable machine! I've 15+ gallons thru my SE and nothing mechanical has given me a problem (ecxept a set of engine bearings, but that is motor issue not airframe) and everything seems just fine. If youre a beginner, get a sim and some training gear and enjoy your rappy. Welcome to the club!
.........It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.........
fixnfly70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the world of addictive RC helis!

I will only concur with the posts above and simply add try and find a local club to join as any problems with setup should be easily solved.

For my Raptor 60 build (same deal as you I guess), I am building using the supplied engine, muffler, blades etc, adding Futaba 2.4 radio, GY401 gyro and 9254 tail servo, standard ballraced throttle servo (s3003) and 9451 cyclic servos (simply spare from my car days). Add a big capacity RX pack and your away.
mgt4fun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in