Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since we're on that, yes the elevator servo is a pain to deal with, but they have the order of getting to that wrong in the manual - it should be way earlier in the build while you can get to it easily and play around with shims and get the alignment of the link right etc.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah elevator servo takes a little playing with.. getting the belt pulleys and motor mount lined up correctly can take a bit of playing with to get right, but its quite easy once you look at it and really pay attention to what your doing..

those are about the only 2 things in the build that are a little different or kind of a pain.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
I stated several times that I don't really like the building part, I'm in to flying more. I only do the builds to learn the kit in case of maintenance/repairs. Also I keep saying I might get one later. Most of my later posts about the warp have been complimentary. It might be easier for me to not say anything else here because the discussion is turning into me defending what words I have said. My purpose for this thread was for research. I'm not into debating on forums. Everyone will have their own opinion.
Just to be blunt, the quote that bacon just used from me even mentioned my preference between building and flying.
As the OP I am asking that this thread return to the original purpose of people identifying issues they had during the build to help me, and in the future others who are considering the kit, and how they reolved the issues. I also want to know how the parts are hoping up and if things must be readjusted during the break in period. I respectfully ask that we keep the topic focused on this.
Im not a fan of building also but you only have to build a new heli once.

I much prefer flying like yourself..

I always buy a heli on how well its flies and from all reports warp 360 seems to be the 450 size heli to get followed by the stretched mini P.

The version 3 kits have ironed out all the build issues and this should not stop you form buying a great flying machine.

There is no reason to believe the warp 360 will be a high maintenance heli or unreliable based on other compass models released.

You can get around building the warp 360 buy buying a used one.

I would wait a bit of you want to get a Forza. I have read that JR is planning to release a 6s version Forza. Probably the best way to go if you want it to fly like a warp 360.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Already bought a Forza. Should come in a week or so along with my other parts. I want to fly 3s, batts are cheaper and I'm running 6s already on my E5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
Im not a fan of building also but you only have to build a new heli once.

I much prefer flying like yourself..

I always buy a heli on how well its flies and from all reports warp 360 seems to be the 450 size heli to get followed by the stretched mini P.

The version 3 kits have ironed out all the build issues and this should not stop you form buying a great flying machine.

There is no reason to believe the warp 360 will be a high maintenance heli or unreliable based on other compass models released.

You can get around building the warp 360 buy buying a used one.

I would wait a bit of you want to get a Forza. I have read that JR is planning to release a 6s version Forza. Probably the best way to go if you want it to fly like a warp 360.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find it odd that you want a worry free, easy to build heli that has little to no issues with the build and you choose something that is just released and oils have all kinds if kinks to work out. I know you didn't have any luck with your 250 and they're generally good aside from needing to really pay attention to getting the tail buttery smooth, hopefully the Forza is a rarity and just works from day one of its release.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

From the 8-10 people that I know got one there haven't been any issues. Not all helis have problems on first release. My synergy didn't have any problems as a new release and no one that I know of had issues with synergy. Some companies have good new releases.
What I mean is, some of the extra things that might need to be done to get things right, that's what I don't want to do. I just want to build it without weird fitment issues. I'm sure there will be comments because of that statement, but with my E5 I just built it and that was it. We shall see if the Forza goes together as well.
Come on guys, I might get a Warp one day, just not today. I am learning a lot about the warp from the threads here so it is probably on the Christmas list.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well i think all the issues are now worked out on the warp, i always wait to get a model till he issues are worked out, a while ago i would not have got the warp, but now it seems they have it all worked out.. mine is doing great..

that's cool you synergy did not have any issues from the start. that is always a major plus. i usually wait about a year to get anything new. after a year its usually up and running with no issues if its a good company that cares about their helicopters and their customers,..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.

Last edited by dannylightning; 07-03-2013 at 10:22 PM..
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well then, good luck with your Forza.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't know about this Forza but I just went through the manual and its a pretty impressive. Some smart design elements in that thing.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
I didn't know about this Forza but I just went through the manual and its a pretty impressive. Some smart design elements in that thing.
Maybe I should start looking through it, start familiarizing myself with the build lol.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #71 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
Plenty of false info out there about the warp... have you guys been to RCG? The 'said parties' talk quite a bit of crap about the Warp as well as some of us.
+1 "They" seem set on bashing it still to this day.

If anyone decides they want to waste a bunch of time reading through the Warp and Forza threads over there, they'll find early posts about the Forza being perfect in every way compared to the Warp. Now you can read about general (they won't go into specifics which really makes one wonder why) failures, upgrades to metal parts, broken frames, etc. And now that poor heli has undergone some stretching. As soon as their mods fail, I'm sure it will be the heli or the designer's fault, and not their own.

Anyway, as far as reliability, mine hasn't been much different than any other heli I've had, large or small. The main rotor hub and tail rotor hub seem to be sacrificial parts insofar as my crashes and mishaps have gone. Same with the canopy posts. These are things I can easily deal with. I have a supply of these posts and hubs on hand, and to replace these parts is super quick and easily accomplished in the field.

I am still on the original main shaft and tail shaft, original FBL links, and running the stock tail without failures. I'm approaching 100 flights with this bird, most of them are flying moderate and hard 3D.

I'm not saying anything bad about the Forza, heck I haven't even seen one in person, and I might have bought one already if it started as 6S. But it obviously isn't a heli without issues as seemed to be their message in the start.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
well i think all the issues are not worked out on the warp, i always wait to get a model till he issues are worked out, a while ago i would not have got the warp, but now it seems they have it all worked out.. mine is doing great..

that's cool you synergy did not have any issues from the start. that is always a major plus. i usually wait about a year to get anything new. after a year its usually up and running with no issues if its a good company that cares about their helicopters and their customers,..
You mean they are worked out right?

I think by November they will really have it popping. I'm excited to potentially get one for Christmas! Maybe have my wife get the kit, ask for money from everyone else. Of course it never works out that way though lol.
Danny, get a Synergy you will love it. I was worried about getting a large Heli but its not that bad.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought we were done referencing back to who ever that is on RCG. Please let's stop talking about them and keep on the topics we are now on, it has been enjoyable. I'm in the "learning the warp" phase right now and so far I'm learning a lot.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #74 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well, at least half my post was on-topic.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Reliability

Now becomes not.....when u have a type o and that sucks lol

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Well, at least half my post was on-topic.
Lol!! Dude, there are still some peeps who say the 130x has no problems even after 800 flights with all original equipment.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, I have wanted a JR Heli for a long time, so when I heard about the Forza my mind was made up. Didn't want to wait so I got the mini p. now I wish I did wait. I'm putting in the metal upgrades from the get go except for the metal swash linkage.
Any rumblings of a new warp 360 coming later this year? They probably don't have to release a new model since they already did upgrades. Hopefully all of the old stock will be gone before the end of the year.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #78 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
Lol!! Dude, there are still some peeps who say the 130x has no problems even after 800 flights with all original equipment.
I don't know what else to say. My posting history speaks for itself. I've posted pics of my crashes, pics of broken parts, simple mods, etc. Most of my flights and crashes were witnessed. My last crash onto cement at the Mid-America FF during spot light flying, much to my amazement, didn't even damage the main and tail shafts. Sure it broke a bunch of other parts, but I've already stated that it previous posts.

The only real issue I have with the Warp is the belt tensioner. Personally I'd love for it to be of a simpler (fewer parts) design, but the fact of the matter is I haven't experienced a failure of it. Same thing with the stock tail, it hasn't failed me. I have an entire Hawk-RC tail assembly still NIP, waiting it's turn on the Warp. If the stock TR shaft ever bends on me and needs to be replaced, I might throw the Hawk unit on there. Until then, it just sits in my spare parts box.

Like it or not, I'm posting my personal experiences with the Warp's "Reliability", in the Warp forum of all places. It's not like I'm intruding on a Forza thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
+1 "They" seem set on bashing it still to this day.

If anyone decides they want to waste a bunch of time reading through the Warp and Forza threads over there, they'll find early posts about the Forza being perfect in every way compared to the Warp. Now you can read about general (they won't go into specifics which really makes one wonder why) failures, upgrades to metal parts, broken frames, etc. And now that poor heli has undergone some stretching. As soon as their mods fail, I'm sure it will be the heli or the designer's fault, and not their own.
Those guys are hover king know it alls. Guess you only need to upgrade every part if your putting your heli through hell with all that tail in hovering and on the bench spool up and spool downs. And yea I'm sure once their 100% modded (don't think they even have a compass part left on them) helis start breaking it's still going to be compass's fault.

Sorry to keep talking about it inner back to the topic.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Reliability

No such thing as "old stock" at Prostar Hobby. You're guaranteed a new kit with all recent updates. If not they make it right at no cost to you. Ive been very happy with my Warp. No upgrades required, just build and fly. Hope you get one for Christmas! I think you'd like it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in