Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had to climb pretty high for my stryker. The trees around here grow really tall.

This may not have been the smartest thing I have done, but fortunately I didnt get hurt.

note: do not risk your life for a foamy. These things are much cheaper than medical bills.
Squirrlybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

fly your heli into it, maybe it'll dislodge the trojan. note- this was a weak attempt at humor.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got back from flying my T-28 Trojan for the first time. It flew great right out of the box. I bought it last Monday but have been unable to fly it until today. I was waiting for an AR6100 that ordered to come in so I could use my DX7 and the weather was not cooperating. My AR6100 still has not come in so I decided to just go fly it with the stock radio until it does. Last night I switched out the stock Eflite battery plugs to Deans so I could use my T-Rex 450 packs, checked my CG, and adjusted the linkage for the elevator so it would be level when the servo was centered.

I took it to the field today with a friend of mine and it flew great, nice level and predictable. I flew the stock 1800 pack and 3 more Flight Power Evo25 3S 2170 packs. I could not really tell any difference between the two packs exept for the extended runtimes from the 2170's. I took off using low rates until I trimmed it out then switched to high rates. I flew the rest of that flight and my next 3 without touching the rate stick. Flying helicopters for the past year really paid off.. It landed fine but I will need to get used to the speed when bringing it in. My only other plane is a Slow Stick and I can almost walk faster than that plane when bringing it in for a landing.

By my third flight, I was flying inverted circuits, snap rolling and even attempting a few Cuban 8's. My only complaint, is the roll rate. I wish it had more aileron so I could roll it a little quicker. That and the plastic plate that holds on the landing gear popped out on the second flight while taxing across the bumpy field. I quick piece of clear pacing tape and the Trojan was back in the air!

I had a great morning out flying! I flew 4 packs through the Trojan, 2 through the Slow Stick and 3 through my T-Rex 500cf and all everything came back in one piece.

Anyway, the Trojan gets a big from me. I even let my flying buddy have a turn with it and he is now thinking of getting one for himself.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

I got mine out of the tree but it was pretty hammered. New wing, new fuselage, and a motor mount. Also, I tried to use the prop to dislodge it and ended up spinning the motor and ESC and ripping the servo wire right off of the ESC. At least I got my lipo and ar6100 back :-)
tdamore315 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well, three packs today through my trojan and no crashes! the only thing that went awry is the third landing, which was a bit hard. i broke the little plastic plate that sits directly behind the nose gear. i epoxy'd in a piece of cf sheet, but the whole piece of cf went with it. looks like the glue's bond wasn't strong enough, maybe there was some mold release left over and of course i didn't clean it. anyone else having that issue? also, is anyone timing their flights? i'm running 2100mah 18c's, 2200mah 25c's and two 1320mah 18c's in parallel. i don't have room in there for my eagletree and was wondering what you all are averaging for flights.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

On the stock Parkzone 1800mah pack I can get 14 minutes of flight time, but I usually fly around at half throttle unless I'm taking off or doing a loop. I have yet to have to put back in more than 1400 mah. If you want a real blast; replace the stock motor with a 'rimfire 35-36-1100'!!! You will have to swap out the ESC for one rated at 35A ( the Castle "Thunderbird 36" is a great choice. ) Almost unlimited vertical flight and can keep up with most of the .46 nitro trainers and outrun a few others!
thefig781 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is that rimfire motor a direct swap? or do you need to mess around with aftermarket mounts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in