Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Our First Official Demo Reel

Good day fellow freaks, a friend and I just launched our aerial videography business, ELEVAT3D. Here's our first official demo reel. If you have any video editing question please let me know. We are learning a lot as we go, I hope you guys enjoy!

Demo Reel (3 min 6 sec)

Shot using: DJI S800, Zenmuse Z15, and Sonly NEX-5R
Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects CS6 with Twixtor plugin.
SkyMedia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nicely done

When you jump a little forward on the video, do you just take a section out and cross dissolve it?

Edit: Flying over water would freak me out!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry for the delayed response Navigator, yes that's exactly how I did the editing. I took a single video clip and pulled out 1 to 2 second clips at somewhat equal intervals and then just used Premiere's built in video transition effects to blend them together. My video editing skills are primitive so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a better way to get that same effect.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have a massive problems with a lot of dirt on the image sensor. This is unacceptable by a professional production.
Even if you clean the sensor, always try to use an ND filter, so that you can use apertures under f 8.0. Your image will be most time sharper and all the dirt on sensor will be blured and not noticeable.(pic1)
You have a lot of attractive pictures there. They don`t need cheap special effects. Instead of this learn to work with levels. So that you can draw much more even from underexposed shots.(pic2)
These are a lot of tricks in setting NEX5 for video. Learn about it and you will radically improve the dynamic range. The will be much more details in shadows an the light will be not overexposed (white heaven) pic.3. (This is of course only photoshop simulation. Its important to do it properly during shooting)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	513743   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	513744   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	513745  
Ivamos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah NEX5 is famous for dirty sensors. get a sensor cleaning kit from your local photo store. I had to clean my nex5 a bunch of times before all the spots would go away.
wingbreaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ivamos thank you for the comments and suggestions. You nailed it, we had a dirty sensor from a previous flight (flying slowly through a barn turns out to be a terrible idea) and didn't realize it. Thanks for taking the time to edit the stills you pulled from the video. I really appreciate you taking the time to demonstrate the saturation/color manipulation. Do you have any recommendations for where to look specifically for color correction? What values did you adjust? Anyways, we will definitely be extra cautious about ensuring a clean lens in future shots. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought the demo reel was great! Would you mind sharing what platform and system you are shooting with? Looks very crisp.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Troy003, I'm glad you enjoyed our demo video! We are using a two person setup on a DJI s800 with the Z15 gimbal for the Sony NEX-5R.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in