Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Much difference between 6s 5000 Dimond and 6s 5500HV Silvers?

hey Guys,

looking at getting a couple new 6s lipos to make a 12s for my 700DFC
at the moment Revoletrix have the 6s 5500 for $99.00 which seem like a great price

but I would like to hear from you if you have used both the regular 6s 5000 60c Diamond's and the new 6s 5500 70c silvers.

do you get more flight time with the 5500? or does it make the heli feel noticeably heavy and slow? pros and cons for both batteries would be much appreciated

cheers
Lee

Lee2782 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have run quite a few of both packs and have switched entirely over to the Silver HV line. The biggest advantage is that the cells have lower IR, so they produce more power, last longer, and generally seem to take more abuse.

As for which packs give longer flights - well, one theoretically has 500mAh more capacity than the other, so all things being equal it will last longer. Depending on the model you may feel like you need slightly more HS to compensate for the heavier packs, but that's going to be personal preference and vary by model. Generally speaking I would say flight time for the HV is about the same if I charge to 4.2V and very slightly longer when charged to 4.27V. I fly to the mA sensor alarm in my VControl rather than a timer, so my flight times can change quite a bit from flight to flight depending on what I'm doing.

For reference, I run the 5500mAh Silver HV packs in my Logo 550sx (6S) and my 700 Xxtreme (12S). I didn't change anything moving from the 5000mAh Diamond labels in either. In my 690sx I run the 4800mAh Silver HV packs (12S) - that airframe is much too light with 695mm blades for 5500mAh packs.

Last edited by hemp; 02-02-2015 at 11:30 AM..
hemp is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool Thanks

Lee2782 is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in