Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shape 9.0 roll call

If you own/fly a Shape 9.0, speak up! And post a picture!

My Shape with all it's canopies: the original custom, the blue/green Fusuno, the other Fusuno that I got cheap, and a blank that is getting a custom job from Oat.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20121227_181834.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	378187   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121227_181357.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	378188  

Last edited by JRAY; 12-27-2012 at 10:21 PM..
JRAY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, representing London UK, my Rigid 9.0 with freshly Fusuno painted canopy.
Are ther anymore UK SHAPES around
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_1000494.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	376241  
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nice!

Who else?

Last edited by JRAY; 12-27-2012 at 05:37 PM..
JRAY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll post up a pic of mine tomorrow.
6cuda6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, only three of us........
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think user F1 Rocket still has one
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually i think he sold it ...he had some parts for sale quite a while back which i suspect were his spares.

I know of one more for sure in Australia and possibily one more in the US [i know it was for sale, not sure if it did go]

These are pretty rare birds compared to even the likes of TDR/Diabolo but one has to remember, short of the Banshee these heli's were at the top of $$$ chain [with the exception of the JR SG E12 Vibe...still not sure why this helly is over 2500.00]
Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cuda6 View Post
Actually i think he sold it ...he had some parts for sale quite a while back which i suspect were his spares.

I know of one more for sure in Australia and possibily one more in the US [i know it was for sale, not sure if it did go]

These are pretty rare birds compared to even the likes of TDR/Diabolo but one has to remember, short of the Banshee these heli's were at the top of $$$ chain [with the exception of the JR G E12 Vibe...still not sure why this helly is over 2500.00]
Very true. I bought mine used, but new, it's 400 more euros than a TDR. I had mine up twice yesterday and love it. I had it humming on a fast low pass. It get some attention@ my field, but then again, most @my field fly planks.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone else on here?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been a while so I figured that I'd bump this to see if there are any new ones. And updated pic....

Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very NICE look, loving that canopy. I started taking my Heli stuff out of hibernation yesterday, the SHAPE is in great shape but I had to send the jive off my GOBLIN in for repairs so probably today I'll solder her back up & get that ready to go. We have been getting the odd flyable days here in the UK so I'm gonna start taking advantage.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemore74 View Post
Very NICE look, loving that canopy. I started taking my Heli stuff out of hibernation yesterday, the SHAPE is in great shape but I had to send the jive off my GOBLIN in for repairs so probably today I'll solder her back up & get that ready to go. We have been getting the odd flyable days here in the UK so I'm gonna start taking advantage.
Thanks! That's the good thing about living in the south in the U.S., if you can handle some mild cold, you can fly all year. Are those Fusuno canopies you have custom painted?
Old 03-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any more out there?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have one... But, don't have a picture handy... Nice heli, but I hate dealing the the elevator servo... I had to replace all the servos in my Shape, since I had a Gryphon Voltage reg burn up, and take everything with it... But, at least it was all replaced FOR FREE!

I'm Running JR8717HV servos, YGE-160HV, Scorpy 4535LE, and BeastX switched to the WR super BEC.

Overall, nice heli... Also have the stretch kit, but have too busy (lazy) to get it installed, mostly because I found one problem with my stretch kit... It came with new, longer, thicker tail boom braces, but the metal part that fits on the end is for the regular Shape 9.0... so, been wondering if it matters having the longer braces, or just run the 700 sized ones..

Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Breezyjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyjr View Post
I have one... But, don't have a picture handy... Nice heli, but I hate dealing the the elevator servo... I had to replace all the servos in my Shape, since I had a Gryphon Voltage reg burn up, and take everything with it... But, at least it was all replaced FOR FREE!

I'm Running JR8717HV servos, YGE-160HV, Scorpy 4535LE, and BeastX switched to the WR super BEC.

Overall, nice heli... Also have the stretch kit, but have too busy (lazy) to get it installed, mostly because I found one problem with my stretch kit... It came with new, longer, thicker tail boom braces, but the metal part that fits on the end is for the regular Shape 9.0... so, been wondering if it matters having the longer braces, or just run the 700 sized ones..

Joe_Breezy

There are more out there! Post a pic if you get a chance. What do you mean about the elevator servo? As far as the boom supports go, probably just depends on how you fly. No, or light 3D, and I would think the originals would be fine. If you decide to get rid of the kit, I might be interestEd. When I orders parts a few months back, I wasn't aware that the Shape now came with the 800 grips, thrust bearings and spindle shaft, so my spares do fit my older version.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAY View Post
There are more out there! Post a pic if you get a chance. What do you mean about the elevator servo? As far as the boom supports go, probably just depends on how you fly. No, or light 3D, and I would think the originals would be fine. If you decide to get rid of the kit, I might be interestEd. When I orders parts a few months back, I wasn't aware that the Shape now came with the 800 grips, thrust bearings and spindle shaft, so my spares do fit my older version.
Getting the links off the elevator servo are a huge pain... At least for me... The think the 8717s are a bit bigger than other servos, so the ball links are right up against the frame, getting the links off require loosing the frame screws a bit...

I'll just use the shorter braces for now then... Since I'm a "power hoverer" LOL, or at least that's how a buddy of mine describes the way I fly...

Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Old 03-29-2013, 05:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyjr View Post
Getting the links off the elevator servo are a huge pain... At least for me... The think the 8717s are a bit bigger than other servos, so the ball links are right up against the frame, getting the links off require loosing the frame screws a bit...

I'll just use the shorter braces for now then... Since I'm a "power hoverer" LOL, or at least that's how a buddy of mine describes the way I fly...

Joe_Breezy
Joe if you keep putting off the 800 upgrade i may just have to buy it off you....lol......
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cuda6 View Post
Joe if you keep putting off the 800 upgrade i may just have to buy it off you....lol......

Joe_Breezy
hehe
Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahhhh, I see.Biggest issue I had when repairing, was having to remove the alerion Bellcrank to replace the link because it's so close to the frame. Joe, that's two in line for the 800 kit....
Old 05-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Figured I'd bump and see if there are anymore out there....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in