Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone running longer blades?

So I'm wondering if anyone are using 780mm ++ blades on their 800's

I have a Align 800e dfc pro with 780mm now. Just wondering what are the benefits using 800mm or more if you can..

Was looking at the Zeal 800mm but it's only about .78 inch longer.
Scjon03 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I installed the Align HD800A blades yesterday and luckily the weather is good enough to fly today. In fact, it's a beautiful day and I'm going to fly more as soon as the batteries are recharged. I need a faster charger

The blades look awesome! It's not so much the extra 2 cm, but the width is also increased from 64 mm to 70 mm. It doesn't seem much, but it is a noticeable difference. I was a bit concerned at first that they might be considerably heavier than the 780 blades. The rotor head is pretty much the same as the T-Rex 700 and I suppose the 780 blades already create a lot of stress. The 800 blades are barely any heavier though (440 vs 445 g), so weight shouldn't be an issue.

As for the flight characteristics: skilled 3D pilots might disagree, but for a rookie like me it doesn't make any difference. A 360 CFX vs. a Blade 450 X is a completely different ballgame, but the T-Rex 800 doesn't feel any different from before with the 780 blades. Tail authority is as it was before and the flight time didn't change (I usually fly 7 minutes at 1700/min). Again, your mileage may vary if you push the blades to their limits. Speaking of limits: the max. rpm for those blades is 2100/min, much like the 780 blades.

So if you like it bigger, go for it, just don't expect twice the lift or something. I got the blades for just 99.89 USD + shipping (https://www.helipross.com/800-carbon...es-hd800a.html). This is including the coupon code "specialpromo10%". The promotional email wasn't quite clear, but I believe this code works for the entire month of October.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not an 800 unless you are swingin 800+!!

I use Align 800's on my ALign Trekker DFC and SAB 800's on my Raptor E820. The aligns have a wider chord but I prefer the SAB's. You can go up to 815mm with the Edge blades again they have a narrower chord.

The Aligns float forever on auto's and you can fly some very low headspeeds on wider chord blades. I think true 3Ders prefer shorter blades for a higher headspeed but would prefer a 700 heli anyway for harder 3D.
Woodsta888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm interested to know what other blade sizes and manufactures folks are using on their 800 Pro DFC models?

Has anyone tried or heard of the Rototechs? Below is a link I found.

http://www.flying-hobby.com/rotortec...ow-p-5750.html
Old 11-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 813 edges on mine. Lowrpm flyer.
338federal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What RPM are you running 338federal?
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
I'm interested to know what other blade sizes and manufactures folks are using on their 800 Pro DFC models?

Has anyone tried or heard of the Rototechs? Below is a link I found.

http://www.flying-hobby.com/rotortec...ow-p-5750.html
Yes I have flown Rotor Techs for many years and something that may help you understand who or what Rotortech is ,they where the number one FAI blade maker and flown by almost all the top pilots for many years and this is basically Funkeys blade and Funkey makes Rail, Edge, Radix ,Cyclone and possibly some I have missed.The blades you show are really good but there are new FBL blades out that replace those plus some new 760s and 810s that I am awaiting .
Old 12-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Yes I have flown Rotor Techs for many years and something that may help you understand who or what Rotortech is ,they where the number one FAI blade maker and flown by almost all the top pilots for many years and this is basically Funkeys blade and Funkey makes Rail, Edge, Radix ,Cyclone and possibly some I have missed.The blades you show are really good but there are new FBL blades out that replace those plus some new 760s and 810s that I am awaiting .
Are you saying the RotoTechs in the link are NOT FBL? I know that Edge says their 813s are for both FBL and FB machines - there isn't a differentiation, but haven't heard that from anyone else.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
Are you saying the RotoTechs in the link are NOT FBL? I know that Edge says their 813s are for both FBL and FB machines - there isn't a differentiation, but haven't heard that from anyone else.
No they are fine for either but they have a new series out that has been growing over the last year plus , they are white black and metallic gold in color . The 720s are not available in the new design yet so the ones you have linked there are the only option .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RT blades.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	626949  

Last edited by Dennis P; 12-29-2015 at 07:37 PM..
Dennis P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in