Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I stumbled across the ULTIMATE DX6i settings for the mSR X!!

http://ganninger.de/DX6i-mSRX.pdf

I can't take ANY credit for them other than typing the right thing into google. Not sure who came up with this but my hats off!! It's flying better and more well behaved than EVER before. It literally piro's like an mCP X now! My heli already had a near perfect MM mod done but the mixes on this setup make it AWESOME!

Keep in mind I'm BL with a 13,500KV HP03S. Can't comment for sure on how it'll work with a stock motr but it's well worth a try trust me!

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I see a few people are looking. If you try em post back if you're as impressed as I am!

Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I have tried these as well can't remember were I found them.
But flies great.
52Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything stock except extra washers on feathering shaft
and extended carbon fiber boom.
52Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, these settings are KILLER! I think that they were posted on this forum somewhere before, but good to bring these up to the top.

Can/should we make this posting a sticky? I know that many will benefit from having these settings handy.
lespaulrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just for reference, here is the posting where I originally found the settings. I *believe* they are the same settings.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=dx6i
lespaulrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

YES! Thats the thread I first fopund it in .I didn't have a DX6i at the tie so I printed it out and saved it in my box. Stumbled across it the other night and gave it a try. IMMEDIATELY knew I had to bring it back to the top since I saw that thrad about DX6i settings.

I posted in there I thought it was in the front of the manual because Ididn't know where I printed it from but it looked JUST like the DX6i setup table in front of the mCPX manual so I assumed.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

One would assume that these settings would need to be used AFTER the MMM has been applied, right?

If you search over at RCG in the main MSRX thread just after the helicopter was released, there are a LOT of people who posted their settings. This was before the MMM caught on and as you can see, the settings are ALL OVER THE PLACE. One can only assume it was because everyone's heli had different link lengths. Here are the links that I farmed from that thread...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1350
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1363
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1426
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1454
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1660
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1673
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3178

Most of these are pictures of people's mix screens while others are just textual. So, just be careful. YMMV depending on how you have your link lengths set.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboHeli View Post
One would assume that these settings would need to be used AFTER the MMM has been applied, right?

If you search over at RCG in the main MSRX thread just after the helicopter was released, there are a LOT of people who posted their settings. This was before the MMM caught on and as you can see, the settings are ALL OVER THE PLACE. One can only assume it was because everyone's heli had different link lengths. Here are the links that I farmed from that thread...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1350
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1363
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1426
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1454
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1660
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1673
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3178

Most of these are pictures of people's mix screens while others are just textual. So, just be careful. YMMV depending on how you have your link lengths set.

YES, after the MM mod works best IMO.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried out these setting today and they are pretty good. I had to be quick on the thumbs. Not for flying around the house, for me anyways.
NSFlyer12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hate to pick a bone here, but the mm "mod" is not a mod, it is an adjustment. The servo rods are made to be adjustable (you can lenghten or shorten them). This "mod" is also known as "leveling your swashplate". Changing or replacing a part is a modification. Tightening your blades or leveling a swashplate are adjustments. You might notice RKH sells an "MSRX Swash Leveler", not a "MM Mod Tool". Although it is necessary to do in order to have an MSRX fly predictably , it is not a new concept at all. In the begining many people thought the AS3X did this for you, it does not. It needs to be done on all CP helis and (I believe) all flybarless birds, since there is no flybar for "automatic" leveling. Try flying an MCPX with an unlevel swash. BTW, those are good settings , although the mixes are not necessary. Use your thumbs, they are much more relilable in the long run and adapt much better to different reactions (of the heli) at different speeds.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wanted to offer some personal preferences to the above settings.

Aile D/R at 75% (normal mode)

A bit of expo. on the ELEV and AILE D/R will give a bit more control for technical
manoeuvres. (This is really a personal preference for each pilot to use as needed / prefered)

Elevator at 115% to 120% (or more for loops)
- faster forward / reverse flight and needed for "loops" (not so pretty MSRX "D" loops)

Aileron at 105%
- just a bit more. Note: I do not do "rolls", not sure if it's even possible, but you had better bump it up as with my elevator setting if you want to try.

Rudder at 125%
-max out here for (quicker) pirouttes (no risk to servo as none is used for rudder input). The mSRX is on the slow side with piros, this helps a bit. Also dosen't hurt left turns.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anyone have the those mix settings for dx9 or similar radio where the mixes are set up using 7 point curve? I am not sure how to set up the dx6i mix settings on my dx9
Old 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since you're actually moving the swash AWAY from level I'd still say it's a modification to the intended design of the helicopter. They intended it to be flown with a level swash. Most of us prefer it to be angled forward and to the left.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everyone: I apologise for being off topic, however...

Sorry B-O-B, respectfully, I must disagree.

If you agree that the the swash servo rods are made to be adjustable by screwing them in and out (they obviously are, that's why they are threaded), then you would have to agree that screwing them in and out would be an adjustment.

For example; changing the position of your car seat is not a modification, it is an adjustment. The seat is made / designed to be adjustable (as are the servo rods). Using something in the capacity it was meant to be used is not a modification. Attaching the seat on the roof would be a modification. Replacing the seat with another type of seat would be a modification. Cutting holes in the seat would be a modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
Since you're actually moving the swash AWAY from level I'd still say it's a modification to the intended design of the helicopter. They intended it to be flown with a level swash. Most of us prefer it to be angled forward and to the left.
If the heli was designed to fly only with a level swash, why is it adjustable and not fixed? In fact, this heli was intentionally designed with an adjustable swashplate to accomodate different preferences as to how it preforms.

The fact that many people prefer their swash one way or another has nothing to do with what I'm getting at. Many people prefer their swash to be adjusted forward and to the left, I agree.

In addition, if you read the mm mod, the word used to discribe what you have to do is "adjust", not "modify".

Should servo travel adjustment be called servo travel modification?

I will give you that, (technically, as defined by a dictionary) any change could be considered a modification. But, if you button up all of the buttons on a shirt or half the buttons on a shirt (according to your preference), are you modifing the shirt? Technically, yes, but in reality (in a practical sense), absolutly not.

A combination of fixed adjustments (tweeks) to achive a given result, might be called a set up.
A combination of variable adjustments (tweeks) to achive a given result, might be called a system.

It should have been called the M(artyn) M(cKinney) (Swashplate) Set Up System.

Because that's really what it is (No offence toys2cars2toys)

There, I'm done.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

SO then TECHNICALLY it is a mod

And yes aileron rolls are ENTIRELY possible.

I'd love to get a DX6i setup that EXACTLY replicates the high rate settings of the MLP4DSM. I wonder if Horizon could get me pointed in the right direction.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, just not in the real world! But I know you get what I'm saying!

What % do you set your servo travel "modification" at for rolls and flips?

PS, didn't you like my new name for the "mmm"?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
Yes, just not in the real world! But I know you get what I'm saying!

What % do you set your servo travel "modification" at for rolls and flips?

PS, didn't you like my new name for the "mmm"?

I've done them on the Mix 2 settings with this TX.(flips so far)

I'm still trying to get the settings to duplicate the high rate settings of the stock MLP4DSM. Thats what I use to do all my acrobatics.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the MLP4DSM when I first got my MSRX and I hated it. Then I set up my Dx6i (that I used for an MCPX) for the MSRX and started loving the bird. I had to have my DX6i serviced a few months back and was forced back to the MLP4DSM for a couple of weeks, and I absolutely loved it! I still use it (the MLP4DSM) when I want to "travel light". Obviously the DX6i is superior, but the the stock remote (in high rate) is a solid preformer. But only once you are used to the bird.

Don't think HH will be much help with settings.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
I used the MLP4DSM when I first got my MSRX and I hated it. Then I set up my Dx6i (that I used for an MCPX) for the MSRX and started loving the bird. I had to have my DX6i serviced a few months back and was forced back to the MLP4DSM for a couple of weeks, and I absolutely loved it! I still use it (the MLP4DSM) when I want to "travel light". Obviously the DX6i is superior, but the the stock remote (in high rate) is a solid preformer. But only once you are used to the bird.

Don't think HH will be much help with settings.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes before anyone ever even picked up. Then they assured me that if I bind as an airplane (not gonna happen, love me some TH) and flip to the high rates it should be exactly the same. Yeah well, it's not. LOL.

The MLP4DSM gives me MUCH tighter flips and rolls than the DX6i even on 125% servo travel programmed in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in