Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #1441 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew some packs today, such a nice afternoon. I am amazed how nice it flies. To bad they still don't offer it anymore.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2016, 10:02 PM   #1442 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put about twenty flights on my BL over the past two days. New 3in1 working great, had one of the main motor FETS burn up after a couple of flights back in March.

Forgot just how much fun it is to fly.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #1443 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been flying mine every day for the past week, i love this little heli, im so glad i went out and re-bought it after selling my original BL..Pitch pumps are like no other that i own...
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 12:03 AM   #1444 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had my BL for about 3 years of abuse and learning. It is such an amazing practice ship for things I have tried on the sim. I had not been flying it for quite some time when I ended up with lots of free time to fly this summer. Each morning, I would start the work day with 4 or 5 packs run through the little heli, flying over grass and getting braver by the minute. At one point, it was quite windy but i decided to fly anyway. Of course, this resulted in the sucker hitting the a small area of concrete at high speed.

Time for a rebuild! I have been hot gluing this thing together for the better of those last three years and the last thing Ihad done before the crash was JB Weld the skid gear back on. So, it was time for some new parts.

I installed a new frame, skid gear, Lynx rotor blades, new Lynx main bearings, new Lynx blade grip bearings, new blade grip shaft, a RKH swash, RKH anti-rotation mount, and Lynx rotor dampener set. And a new canopy and tail fin.

It is amazing how different and solid this thing feels compared to the glued together crash collector it used to be. I have not flown it yet other than a check flight in the living room and it feels extremely responsive, I may have to tame it down a bit.

Next I need a new main shaft and I would also like to buy a new main motor, I think this one may be getting tired. Maybe even a new tail motor, then everything would be new and I could use the old stuff as spares. Needless to say, I am super happy to have this thing in nearly top shape once again. Now the wind and rain need to stop!

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #1445 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered a new main motor and solid Lynx main shaft for this thing. It is insane to me that the motor for this costs more than a motor for the 230s.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
Old 10-26-2016, 01:28 AM   #1446 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today with my BL, I showed myself once again that you should never violate self imposed restrictions for "Just one more flight". Lost orientation due to darknes setting in and piled my newly rebuilt BL into soft, green terra firma, tail first. So, in other news, today I broke the tail motor off the end of the BL. And just to top off my list of things done to the BL today, I CA'ed my tail motor back onto the Heli and then gave it a good coating of JB Weld for some strength. I'm too cheap to buy a new one just yet. At least now I have more of a reason to try out the Lynx stretch kit.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #1447 (permalink)
Registered Users

Replaced my main motor with a new one and also replaced the main shaft for the first time, with a Lynx solid carbon shaft.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #1448 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, had a crash and the elevator servo connector popped off and that little pad is missing. Does anyone knows if that leg on the servo has a function? Does it need to be soldered?
I tried to trace where it goes and it seems to go nowhere?!
Please let me know guys
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #1449 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been depressed over the fact that due to winter, I wouldn't likely be flying for the next three months so, I have been simming a lot in an attempt to learn inverted. Today, finally had a tremondously beautiful, perfect flying day. Charged up my batteries, went out to fly, and slammed it into the ground in the first 30 seconds! Broke a ball link off my blade grip. Day over. So freakin' depressing!!

Note to self, if you fly two mistakes high, don't make three mistakes.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #1450 (permalink)
Registered Users

MCPX BL Magic Trick (0 min 43 sec)

Last edited by ignaceous; 12-19-2016 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Political Correctness
ignaceous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 06:41 AM   #1451 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good video for a while. What was the magic? Pardon me if I missed something obvious...
Old 12-20-2016, 06:46 AM   #1452 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotors View Post
Good video for a while. What was the magic? Pardon me if I missed something obvious...
I think it was the fact that he didn't crash into those two power lines that he flew between.

https://youtu.be/mcb8vijVvPc?t=32s
BWX_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #1453 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_ View Post
I think it was the fact that he didn't crash into those two power lines that he flew between.
I don't even know how it fit.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #1454 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it must have just missed by a few mm.

I got lucky with a power line one day.. Went right over top of them, didn't realize they were there. Was flying a brushed micro glider FPV. Same feeling..

How did I miss it:
https://youtu.be/I4nD0JHbi-c?t=11m39s

Hit it this time flying a brushed quadcopter:
https://youtu.be/CGAfPwygLjE?t=1m35s

Never flown one of these micro helis FPV but I have a few cam/ VTx combos that are small enough. That might be fun.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #1455 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_ View Post
Yeah it must have just missed by a few mm.

I got lucky with a power line one day.. Went right over top of them, didn't realize they were there. Was flying a brushed micro glider FPV. Same feeling..

How did I miss it:
https://youtu.be/I4nD0JHbi-c?t=11m39s

Hit it this time flying a brushed quadcopter:
https://youtu.be/CGAfPwygLjE?t=1m35s

Never flown one of these micro helis FPV but I have a few cam/ VTx combos that are small enough. That might be fun.
It is fun. I heard you mention in your video about wishing you had more FOV - have you considered going the headtracker route? It's very fixed-wing-friendly. I can't wait for more compact options to become available so I can set it up on my single-rotor rigs.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #1456 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignaceous View Post
It is fun. I heard you mention in your video about wishing you had more FOV - have you considered going the headtracker route? It's very fixed-wing-friendly. I can't wait for more compact options to become available so I can set it up on my single-rotor rigs.
Well these are tiny little cams. You'd need micro servos to set up a micro head tracker pan and tilt.. but yeah I have though about that!

Back then there weren't as many options as far as micro FPV. Now I have several smaller FPV setups with wider FOV which work a lot better and are lighter weight. I'd use one of those on the MCPX BL I think.

Like this one- I got a couple of these a few weeks ago.
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TX02...p-1088368.html

200mw!
Old 12-21-2016, 03:23 AM   #1457 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow not even 5g.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:10 AM   #1458 (permalink)
Registered Users

i was thinking of upgrading my mcpx bl tail esc like liftbags, using an xp3a with a stepdown regulator, then i spotted a 2s version of it, called the mu-3a esc. anyone used it before? my tail esc is starting to go bad, so instead of replacing the main board. using an external esc seems a better idea.

Jad C.

battlemachine2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 03:48 AM   #1459 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dead batteries in TX

I was flying yesterday with a trusty BL. It was out about 60 yards and I could just make out the direction it was pointed. I tipped it forward and it started coming home--to me.

Then I heard a ticking sound from my DX6. The TX batteries were low.

I had no control of the heli. It would not yaw or anything. It flew over a small tree, over the sidewalk and LANDED ITSELF ON THE TARMAC about 20 feet from me. Maybe TH worked, I don't know. After it tipped over the motors quit.

NO DAMAGE. Imagine that!
flangehead likes this.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #1460 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found out today that the mCPX BL is WATERPROOF. I was flying it today and dumped it right into my brothers in-ground pool. Not only was it wet but it sank to the bottom. I had to dive down to get it. When I got it out, the servos were still on and it seemed ok. I let it dry off and plugged it back in and....completely functional! Still flies like new.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in