Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo requirements? Maintenance Schedule??

G'day guys..... I took the plunge and clicked the buy button. A 700 xxtreme should find a home with me next week

This is will be my first big heli, I have lots of experience building and flying giant scale aerobatic planks and am familiar with their servo and linkage requirements......

For the heli I am a little confused as to what torque specs are actually required..... looking at some of the 800 threads (theres more of them) people are using cyclic servos that are rated anywhere from 12kg/cm of torque right up to 30.......

In my plank flying experience I have always used quality servos with the highest specs possible ..... usually futaba

However the price difference between a Futaba BLS157HV vs a 156HV is significant if the 156HV has more than enough grunt to do the job....

My heli flying style is still sport/3D beginner .... the heli wont be doing smack anytime soon

What spec servos do I really need? Speed/torque??

I have been looking at the outrage torq 9180/9188 combo .... these servos seem to give better bang for buck than Futaba's. ....... is there any annoying issues with them like weird size splines or weird mounting size that would make them awkwardt to fit to the xxtreme??

Are there any other servos combos that give good bang for buck??? Would consider LV options if they are up to the task for my flying level........ (Note I said bang for buck ..... not cheap!!)

Finally could someone suggest what they would inspect/maintain/replace on a regular schedule to keep this big bird in the air?? I have been reading its a very rugged machine, that doesn't require a lot of maintenance...... so what exactly needs to be done and when???

Cheers for the help......

I am sure there will be plenty more questions!!

Benny.
notorious_benny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey...

I own the 800 with 172hv (157hv w/ sbus) on cyc and mks 980 hv (outrage 9188) on tail.
On my 600EFL i use the savox 2271/2272.

Gain on futaba / mks is higher...so i prefer those.
Ob my 600 with 4.1kg the 2271 have around 14kg Stall trq so I figured i just tripe the 800 weight And Add a little 3x7 = 21 And the 172 habe around 25 trq measured.

So I guess with the 700 beeing just around 5.5 you will be allright with either 157 And 9180.
I like the 9180 (mks in my Case) but had A LOT of Trouble with the Metall Case beeing in contact with the Carbon Frame And causing electrical Noise...so Isolato Isolate Isolate...
Took me One week And about 15 Hr to figure it Out...
Futaba uses plastic Top And bottom...And only middle Metal ...

I would buy in following Order.
Futaba 157hv
Outrage 9180
Futaba 156hv
Savox 2271
And just go by price which One is right...all will make it your Favorite Heli!

Have Fun!
nebuchadnezza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuchadnezza View Post
Hey...

I own the 800 with 172hv (157hv w/ sbus) on cyc and mks 980 hv (outrage 9188) on tail.
On my 600EFL i use the savox 2271/2272.

Gain on futaba / mks is higher...so i prefer those.
Ob my 600 with 4.1kg the 2271 have around 14kg Stall trq so I figured i just tripe the 800 weight And Add a little 3x7 = 21 And the 172 habe around 25 trq measured.

So I guess with the 700 beeing just around 5.5 you will be allright with either 157 And 9180.
I like the 9180 (mks in my Case) but had A LOT of Trouble with the Metall Case beeing in contact with the Carbon Frame And causing electrical Noise...so Isolato Isolate Isolate...
Took me One week And about 15 Hr to figure it Out...
Futaba uses plastic Top And bottom...And only middle Metal ...

I would buy in following Order.
Futaba 157hv
Outrage 9180
Futaba 156hv
Savox 2271
And just go by price which One is right...all will make it your Favorite Heli!

Have Fun!
My plan is to run MKS HBL950/980. I had not heard of the torq or MKS servos causing interference before but i will keep an eye on it. What did you do to isolate them? What were the symptoms?
Tenguru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

To be honest all you need HV is bls 255.. Seen bobby watts under them on whiplash also other great pilots & 256 on tail
kevinbj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I found a decent price on Outrage Torq BL9180's/9188's ..... so thats what I am going with ....... from a bit of reading they sound like a decent servo.......
notorious_benny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey...

Regarding isolation...if you scratch the (red) paint its no longer isolated...even invisbly small scratch...so i guess its only a Problem with the tail servo...the Metal Silver Part should be ok.

I used a velcro cable tie around the tail servo at the point of Carbon contact an some hot glue to attach it..use Black One And it even Looks Good.

In my Log were constant (1sec Intervall) "Phase sensor - Out of Range - checksum" errors an the tail Kind of wagged 1-2 cm

Have Fun wirh mks / outrage

Greetings
nebuchadnezza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in