Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Right Batteries and chargers x50 AP

Hello guys. I am building a Thunder Tiger Titan X50 aerial photo platform and I have been looking around trying to find the right combination of Batteries to put on the machine. I have been looking at 12S batteries. I see there all different brands of 12S batteries I dont know which ones to get. The manual says it takes 8-12S batteries. Also I am looking for the correct ESC and Motor to go on it. I believe that the X50 is a 600 size heli. I will be running the FBL Version. And a gimble system on it as well. I want to get the max flight time out of the machine. I plan on buying at least 2-3, 12S. batteries on it. I would like to mount 1 in the battery bay and two on the outside. I dont quite understand the power relations of better flight times pertaining to 12S batteries. What is going to get me the best flight time. I know the 12S cost more but I am willing to spend the money on them if people think i would be better off. Please give me some insight on where I need to go. The kit I am getting does not have a motor or ESC on it So im starting with a clean slate. All i need is a motor and the correct batteries an ESC on it and Ill order them and get it put together. Also Once that decision is made I need to pickup a power supply and charger. Recommendations on a good setup is what I am after. Please help.

Added Later: Further look through the manual shows that I am able to install 2 12S lipo batteries. So I want to put those in the correct spot and possibly add 2 more. Anyone else have a input on this?
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No you have it wrong, You are not putting 2 12s battery's in, What you are putting in is 2 6s in series making 1 12s. In my X50 I run 8s so I am using 2 4s in series making 1 8s understand. Flight time is more the Mha of the batts you are using I fly 2 4s 5000mha batts if you are going 12s 3200-3500 are going to be as big of batt that will fit. The cell count is for power 6s=22.2v 8s=29.6v and 12s=44.4v. You are not doing hard 3D so I think your best flight time while lifting a camera would be to run 8s 5000 to 5500Mha and I would think that should give you 5 to 7 minutes flight time. If that camera mount and camera are heavy your flight time will go down. If you look in the post for show your X50E you will see mine and what I am running in it.
tomlog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running 2x6s 2650mah in parallel and 2x6s 3300mah in parallel.
Somehow, I prefer the 2650mah as it is smaller and lighter pack than the 3300mah.
The flight time between the 2 are not much difference, both hit 7-8mins and discharge 3.78v of the cells.
zattan22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in