Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #461 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
do you have to reset the system if you do the sensor mod?
Any time you move the sensor puck, I'd redo the settings. I've heard of guys moving the puck, not redoing their settings, and having the gyro directions reversed causing a crashed heli. It's a painless process of a few minutes... If it saves your heli... It was worth it!
Philluoma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #462 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All

I have decide after all the good results everybody was getting to mod my 3G. I ahve found that since i modded the 3G it has been no differnet in any way. I used silcone on the sensor just as leon has and it is mounted on a single align pad with no strap.

I have not adjusted any of the settings in the software at all and the mod was doen on my 500.

I have now started to look at Leon post on the settings and don't understand what he means by this
"2. make sure that the aileron and elevator rotation rates in the "comand display" screen are the same. You do this by adjusting the aileron/elevator "control rate" in their respective parameter setting screens until you get equal values, if desired, in the "command display" screen, but you must press the "write" button to see the changes"

Any help would or guidence would be a great help.
pcollins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #463 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi, not to be inconsiderate, but what part of the quote does not make sense?

XFC 2006/7/8/11
Leon Luke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #464 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply Leon

the area i did not understand or could not find in the 3G Software is

2. make sure that the aileron and elevator rotation rates in the "comand display" screen are the same. You do this by adjusting the aileron/elevator "control rate" in their respective parameter setting screens until you get equal values, if desired, in the "command display" screen, but you must press the "write" button to see the changes
Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #465 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=269511&page=2
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #466 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcollins View Post
Thanks for the reply Leon

the area i did not understand or could not find in the 3G Software is

2. make sure that the aileron and elevator rotation rates in the "comand display" screen are the same. You do this by adjusting the aileron/elevator "control rate" in their respective parameter setting screens until you get equal values, if desired, in the "command display" screen, but you must press the "write" button to see the changes
There should be a tab for Command Display, Aileron Parameter Setting, Elevator Parameter Setting, across the top of the screen.

XFC 2006/7/8/11
Leon Luke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #467 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know this has been posted earlier in the thread but I can confirm that the new sensors come with the mod done to them. I took my sensor apart and the mod was done to it. I couldn't get the board out of the top of the case but I looked through the small gaps with a flashlight and my magnifying glasses and could see silicone all over the sensor inside.

This Sensor came with the newest version of a 700E purchased in December of 2010
rctazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #468 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good to know... I bought a 550e that came with the 3G system, and a SK-720 system also... going to put the 3G in a 450 that I'm converting to flybarless. I'll check to see if the mod has already been done on my 3G.. could save me some time and keep the warranty intact!
reyn3545 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #469 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Luke View Post
There should be a tab for Command Display, Aileron Parameter Setting, Elevator Parameter Setting, across the top of the screen.

I must be missing somthing here when i look at my command display i don't get aileron and elevator rotation rates unless they are called somthing else.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #470 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
That's good to know... I bought a 550e that came with the 3G system, and a SK-720 system also... going to put the 3G in a 450 that I'm converting to flybarless. I'll check to see if the mod has already been done on my 3G.. could save me some time and keep the warranty intact!
I tried to hinge the case open to keep the sticker from ripping but it tore in half very easily just from the wait of the case. I'm not really worried about it, my 3G has already been flown without any warranty type issues. It just had the dreaded tail wag which I am trying to work out right now.
rctazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #471 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcollins View Post
I must be missing somthing here when i look at my command display i don't get aileron and elevator rotation rates unless they are called somthing else.
In Command Display they are called Roll Rate Command & Elevator Rate Command.
This is a Live command display.

The parameters to adjust to change the values are "Aileron Control Rate" (in the Aileron Parameter Setting tab), & "Elevator Control Rate" (in the Elevator Parameter Setting tab)

You will need to adjust the values, then "Write Settings" for your changes to take effect.
Once written, go back to Command display & move your Aileron or Elevator stick to full deflection to view the live command value.

Keep adjusting, writing & checking until your desired values are achieved.

You can also adjust these values by using the Swash mix in the Tx when NOT in DIR/setup mode, but I recommend that you use the software to adjust.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #472 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK... a little progress for a change finally!

My flybarless head came in on Friday, so I got it installed this afternoon, installed the Align 3G system, went through the setup, checked blade and tail tracking, then held my breath and went up on the throttle/elevator in "normal" mode. All seemed to hold pretty well. I was in my back yard, not the greatest place to maiden a heli, so I set it down pretty quick, but all seemed to track and hold very steady.

Compared to the flybar setup on this same heli I think I'm going to like the 3G system. Very easy to set up the head, very easy to program the flybarless system. We'll see how things hold up once I can get it up in the air for more than a few seconds, but my initial comparison is very positive!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #473 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the performance of the Align 3G terrible out of the box? I used to fly with flybar but I am thinking of buy trex 500 3G. Is it worth?
gfdimopo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #474 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdimopo View Post
Is the performance of the Align 3G terrible out of the box? I used to fly with flybar but I am thinking of buy trex 500 3G. Is it worth?
I'm a newbie, installed the 3G system on my 450, and hovered it in the back yard pretty easy.... easier than the same copter with a flybar. Haven't had a chance yet to do any more than that.

If you're thinking about a 500 with this system, take a look at the the. 550.... it is a 500 size frame with a 600 motor, blades, torque tube, etc..... supposed to be a nice copter. I bought one, but won't build it until i'm more comfortable with the 450.

Last edited by reyn3545; 01-19-2011 at 10:24 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #475 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 550 is significantly larger than the 500. I have both plus a 700. I do agree that the 550 is the one to buy. I fly it more than any of my other copters, CP or Multi.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #476 (permalink)
Registered Users

I already have a 500. But I am thinking of buying the align 3G head from a friend.

So If I buy this Align FBL system (if it is ok because it is a little used) would I have problems in flying?

It is completely stock equiment without mods at all.

Does the align 3G fly great out of the box or it isn't very good? and doesn't worth it compared to ESP.
gfdimopo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #477 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Align 3G on my 550 and a Vbar on my 500. Once setup correctly, both fly great for my style and skill level (beginner / starting 3D). The 3G apparantly has bobbles on hard stops - but I'm not good enough to notice it.
HelliYea is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #478 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, here is a video from my T-Rex with Leon Luke settings.
Just because was taped by HD camera, I could not load all my flight... Sorry

My set up:
T Rex 600 FBL
RJX head
Long main shaft
O.S. 50 hyper
3G unit on 401 tape only
Align 610 servo's
Futaba S9254 at rudder
Edge 620 fbl blades
Align governor Rce 6600
HS 2050
-13 / + 13
Runing with Rapicon 30 fuel

Flight at sea level, tem at 17deg Celcious, at Greece.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8_MFug4HM[/ame]

Last edited by dhiotis; 02-05-2011 at 11:05 AM..
dhiotis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #479 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am curious. If providing the gyros with a solid base is helping them avoid vibes is it better to just full the entire assy with that silicone rather than just dab it between the three of them? I'm not sure but it seems like one solid chunk would be harder to vibrate. Anyone try or experiment with this?
CharlieChoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #480 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieChoo View Post
I am curious. If providing the gyros with a solid base is helping them avoid vibes is it better to just full the entire assy with that silicone rather than just dab it between the three of them? I'm not sure but it seems like one solid chunk would be harder to vibrate. Anyone try or experiment with this?
I basically filled all voids in the sensor housing using the poster putty (Blue Tack), and if the needs exists, I could still remove the electronics from the housing.

Mines working great.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in