Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The heli gods hate me that I am sure.

Reasons for believing they hate me..

1) It don't stop snowing
2) If it don't snow it is crazy winds
3) If it isn't #1 or #2 then it is -30 c with windchill

Someone please crash and burn to appease the heli gods (just not me )
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL - these winters are way too long ... Less snow here, but wind and cold make the sim look mighty enticing these days I can turn a calm day into a windy mess by simply charging up a few packs

Hang in there - somewhere there's a heli crashing at this very moment ... the gods should be pleased - and distracted, but only for a while ...
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I understand. I live at 5200ft. on the eastern side of the sierras Was 58 deg. f. last sunday. It is supposed to snow thurs. and be ugly this comming weekend. I just swithched 3 helis to my new JRX9503 got them all dialed in last sunday. Got my 3 motorcycles out of winter storage rode them around Friday and saturday. Now, who knows when ill be able to go fly. I almost have a gallon through the G20 and am almost ready to just let it loose the g20 has been flying for over a month and Ihaven benn able to burn a gallon.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I agree. On the flipside, this is a short month and the days are getting longer. Spring is coming!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well Digger I finally got to fly today again and sorry but I did not sacrifice a heli for your cause I cannot feel to bad as it was just a few days ago it was -34c without the windchill deal.I plowed out a hole with the tractor by my flying field that has nice walls around it about 40" tall on the sides and the end that I pushed the snow is about 7ft highand that is where I fly out of currently. Oh come on spring.Only about 2 months more and the snow shall be going away. Drill if I could see plus 58 F I would be running around naked man (not a pretty picture!) Take care and good luck with some weather James
Dennis
Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Digger, you have a problem, you must first humble the Heli Gods to appease them, Heli Gods love kitties, so to humble the the Gods you must go (daily, for 1 month) to your local Human Society and hold/pet many kitties for many hours
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: The heli gods hate me that I am sure.

Don't work. I have cats and dogs. They try to eat cf blades. Another weather bomb forecast for the weekend. I guess my winter flying is over for another couple of weeks.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
Digger, you have a problem, you must first humble the Heli Gods to appease them, Heli Gods love kitties, so to humble the the Gods you must go (daily, for 1 month) to your local Human Society and hold/pet many kitties for many hours

And if that doesn't work I've heard that you need to find an old Blade CP and fly it into an active volcano ... (?)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: The heli gods hate me that I am sure.

Damm I stripped down my old B400 and gave the good parts to a friend with one. Maybe sacrifice my mini titan. It would be a good excuse to buy a fbl v2 one.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

!!!! Not the Mini-Titan !!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like we are going to get a bit of a warm up this weekend, so I am hoping to get out flying the hawk and some planes. If all goes according to plans..I may have to please the heli gods for you. I am going to attempt forward flight for the first time ....
Ontaeronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Best of luck on the forward flight.I still remember the feeling of getting up there and going and then trying to get it back down again.I was flying a fixed pitch GMP Cricket and I would have it coming down and then I would be back up at 25 ft again with the knees a knockin and the death grip on my radio.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remember my first time flying my old B400. I was to nervous to put it in idle up and it just didn't want to come down. Eventually it came down in pieces.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I am doing fantastic on the sim, boogieing all around the place, inverted hovering..etc. I have really got the "connected" feeling on the sim. Now I am hoping I have the same feeling with the real heli. Now if I could just find some larger gimble ends for the 7C to match my radio I use on the sim I would be a happy camper.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow looks like you guys are in for some great weather today ect.I just watched the news and ouch !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Wow looks like you guys are in for some great weather today ect.I just watched the news and ouch !!!!!!!!!!

Was that meant for me? Or for those poor souls in southern Ont?

If it's for us..ya.. bout a week of temps in the single digits.. I think -6 is the lowest...whoot..now if the wind will stay down we could get some serious flying time in.

Already looking to go out Saturday for the majority of the day. got three planes and one heli charged and ready to rock. Jim has three helis...er..maybe four and not sure how many planes. Throw in some icefishing gear and we will be having a blast of a good time
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

weather bomb hitting up here starting tonight. Depending n which forecast you watch it is from 30-50cm over the next day or so. Dennis you really have to take this crappy weather back out west

On the bright side the long range is showing good temps and winds from Wed and Thursday of next week so the gods might be starting to take pitty on me. Until then I will just have to keep the snowblower gassed up and log some sim hours.

Anyone with pheonix is welcome to join me when I am simming. I normally call it cumberland funfly or nova scotia fun fly for a session name.

Cheers. Time to get some groceries before the weather hits.

James
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bunker Down for sure! After the storm passes we can get our last flights in before the asteroid gets here next Friday
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got home today and made a few nice flights,sunny -2 out.
Take care and hopefully it is not as bad as the forecast James. I did not realize it was missing you Carl. Best of luck on the forward flight.you will have a blast
FR4 you are a ray of bright light today Take care Guy's and play safe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in