Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
Hello there Harbormaster:
How's the CC FBL doing? I had a chance to check the OP forum the other day and seems no much progress yet.
Hey Rico -- Tried to PM you but couldn't.

From a hardware perspective, I think everything's kind of on hold until they can get a reliable supply of the new chips. (There's some info about that at the OP website somewhere...)

From a software perspective, it looks like they're still trying to get some more developers going on the heli functionality.

Until both of those things happen, there's not a lot for the flight testers to do!

There's a detailed write-up about configuring the ZYX/CX at https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=404096 (and lots of other places as well ) if you're interested.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I subcribed also on that thread you've got. I will needing references when I get my ZYX-S soon. Thanks.
ricoalonso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
I subcribed also on that thread you've got. I will needing references when I get my ZYX-S soon. Thanks.
There's a link from that thread out to the ZYX settings collections page that should be very useful--just like the old days at OP, huh?
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
> will it work on mutli-rotor?
Oh, sorry, no, those devices are heli only.
No worries Harbormaster, didn't make myself clear I'm trying to get something to work on a Quad without spending more than I have invested in the machine itself.

Thanks for this thread, good stuff
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
No worries Harbormaster, didn't make myself clear I'm trying to get something to work on a Quad without spending more than I have invested in the machine itself.

Thanks for this thread, good stuff
Have a look at the Rabbit FC, they are still working to improve it and there is some controversey. But the price is reasonable and stability is realy good.
You would need to buy the one with baro and mag, seperate gps and seperate ultrasonic. Read up on it first though, as I said there is some controversy because it is claimed the code it copied from multiwii.
There is some risk because they may never get it all to work but if they do it will have all the function of the DJI systems at a fraction of the cost.
Can't give you links dont know how, just google it and that should lead you to a thread in Rc groups and some vids on utube.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Ivor, I'll have a look at that
Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to buy one to compare it with another autopilot systems i have. but it's ITAR restricted.
Anyone know how can i have one?
Enzo148 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an open pilot with a case and the 2 optional spektrum satellite connectors.
I bought them from the open pilot web site back in December.
The project I was intending to use it on has been shelved . No reason for me to hold on to it all.
I am going to sell it for what I have into it which is cost plus the shipping from Australia , and the case.
I have never sold anything on HF or on line for that matter so I am not sure what the protocol is.
I am aware that I should place a notice in one if the for sale areas. So i will do that tomorrow. But I saw the conversation and thought I would throw it out there.
If someone is interested PM me
Thx
Chuck
chuckwow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
openpilot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in