Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Banshee Helicopters

Banshee Helicopters Banshee Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The bet was always that I put a BeastX on my Banshee, if problem goes away we are all happy, if not then your Banshee is mine!!!! You get the bragging rights that a Beast is better at handling ground resonance.........

Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
The bet was always that I put a BeastX on my Banshee, if problem goes away we are all happy, if not then your Banshee is mine!!!! You get the bragging rights that a Beast is better at handling ground resonance.........

Maybe your heli needs a Brain
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ground Resonance

I'm going the opposite way, BX to Vbar so I'll "reverse engineer" and let you know!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post

I stand by that but read my post always A BANSHEE, never said MINE HAHA! Always had been the one i posted, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0S507H4617 so yes that one you can have once you prove im wrong, so when you gonna try the beast and what are you putting on the table?
Back to reality, read my post again i never said a vbar wont work, and i stated it works for many so do not disinterpret what i said, i merely said that i'm firmly convinced its not a banshee issue but a vbar OR VBAR SETTING issue specifically on your machines, not everyone elses machines, so trying to offer a solution not bash the vbar that works on probably more than half the banshees. So for everyone else that reads i'm not bashing vbar at all, merely trying to share what i learned from landing on various surfaces, not having any issues with bx. Myself has many vbars as well so not biased towards any brand although i also believe they work best in different applications
I can attest to one fact, the banshee has no problem with ground resonance as far as my testing went. its an awesome machine, perfect in every way.
Im converting to 14 s and pyro 850 hwind now as flown by Christian, but even this got me in hot water with the great powercroco, as some of you probably read about on the rewinding forum. So maybe in future mum is the word?
Should maybe go like this, what do you fly?, uhh, a german machine, nice so what motor, uhh, a big one, nice what fless system, uhhh, a german one, nice, what blades, uhhh black ones with white stripes, which is the best, mmmmmm let me think, maybe the german one.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ground Resonance

Hahaha, I'll look for the latest soap opera, missed that one! I am having similar thoughts as well back home. I am getting tired of "friends" implying I am an elitist who buys expensive stuff just for exclusivity. Reaaaally tired of listening to the rationale behind getting "available" stuff which is "reasonably" prized, implying I must be stupid for spending on Kontronik, Vbars, TP, Radix and of course the German helis, only to keep my mouth shut out of politeness. After a while my politeness is being confused with consent. Then whenever I placed an argument I get in trouble so I am back to being polite. Aaaaaarrrrggggg!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
I stand by that but read my post always A BANSHEE, never said MINE HAHA! Always had been the one i posted, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0S507H4617 so yes that one you can have once you prove im wrong, so when you gonna try the beast and what are you putting on the table?
Back to reality, read my post again i never said a vbar wont work, and i stated it works for many so do not disinterpret what i said, i merely said that i'm firmly convinced its not a banshee issue but a vbar OR VBAR SETTING issue specifically on your machines, not everyone elses machines, so trying to offer a solution not bash the vbar that works on probably more than half the banshees. So for everyone else that reads i'm not bashing vbar at all, merely trying to share what i learned from landing on various surfaces, not having any issues with bx. Myself has many vbars as well so not biased towards any brand although i also believe they work best in different applications
I can attest to one fact, the banshee has no problem with ground resonance as far as my testing went. its an awesome machine, perfect in every way.
Im converting to 14 s and pyro 850 hwind now as flown by Christian, but even this got me in hot water with the great powercroco, as some of you probably read about on the rewinding forum. So maybe in future mum is the word?
Should maybe go like this, what do you fly?, uhh, a german machine, nice so what motor, uhh, a big one, nice what fless system, uhhh, a german one, nice, what blades, uhhh black ones with white stripes, which is the best, mmmmmm let me think, maybe the german one.

Back pedalling!!! All in jest, at least you understand the boere humour!!

Me, I am flying a big gold motor, with big red ESC, black servos with blue inserts, black blades with white stripes, heli is that one with just belts everywhere, oh I also have another one with just gears. My favorite, the one with neither gears or belt???
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

The one I love the most: So you paid that much for that K that bricked on update? To which I answer, how's your Castle doing these days.

No, this one is really my favorite: The 610s are more than enough for everybody and at a great price, will you help me with my FBL config, my heli bounces on stops..........

Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Had 4 flights on it this morning and am happy that we can now fly and enjoy the Banshee, thanks to all for your help and pointers. What works for us is to spool up to what ever HS you have as long as it is above 1400 rpm, then fly the snot out of her and come landing time, switch to HS of 1200 and land like that. Banks on the VBar is a life saver (thanks Linus) and with the landing and spool down I have a bank selected with less gain and agility. Works perfectly....

Fingers(Vinger) crossed that it continues to be the best helicopter I own!!
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #49 (permalink)
HF Support

Glad you got it sorted Gerald, so frustrating for the rest of us enjoying our Banshee's to see the problems you were having- Enjoy!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

YEah i'm backpedalling to my beast here which i can land at any headspeed i want, fly the snot out of it as you sid then land, auto rotate you name it any speed any place so unfortunately you miss out on this wonderful experience but hey some of us just have to prove a point right?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew the Banshee today and she was great...she also autos great... Really like the HS at 2200.

I would like to try the BeastX at some stage as well but for now am very happy with her.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now we can swap the Beast vs Vbar debate to electric vs nitro... naaaaa.

Two topics that have become classics!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helicommand is the way to go even if i did not try the unit yet
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
Hahaha, I'll look for the latest soap opera, missed that one! I am having similar thoughts as well back home. I am getting tired of "friends" implying I am an elitist who buys expensive stuff just for exclusivity. Reaaaally tired of listening to the rationale behind getting "available" stuff which is "reasonably" prized, implying I must be stupid for spending on Kontronik, Vbars, TP, Radix and of course the German helis, only to keep my mouth shut out of politeness. After a while my politeness is being confused with consent. Then whenever I placed an argument I get in trouble so I am back to being polite. Aaaaaarrrrggggg!
I think the easiest way to handle this is to ask them if they like to buy the helis and equipment that they want, and then ask if you shouldn't be able to do the same?

Hobbies are supposed to be fun and you buy the helis and equipment that make this hobby fun for you.

If someone can't have something that they want, it makes them feel better to find a way to devalue what they can't have. So if they can try to make it seem sinful to wrong in some way to own what they can't afford they feel better. Unfortunately you are getting the brunt of their defence mechanism and that isn't fair either.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Add to that that there are all levels of education in this "vineyard" and it's up to each of us to step up and understand.

We are way OT!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

You just have to make yourself happy. It's your hobby!
I'm not trading my Banshee, TDR and Mercedes for a T rex and a Yugo so people have got to deal with my choice of entertainment and transport!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
Add to that that there are all levels of education in this "vineyard" and it's up to each of us to step up and understand.

We are way OT!
True enough.

But I have to ask, are you now making comments about how developed a person's palet is and whether they can really truely appreciate a complex wine, in terms of appreciating a fine piece of craftmanship like a Banshee?

If so I think it is a good analogy.

There can be no difference in value in your eyes until you understand what the differences are and can appreciate them.

Some people will never appreciate the differences and that's OK too, you can just give them a glass of Yellow Tail and save the good stuff for yourself
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
True enough.
Some people will never appreciate the differences and that's OK too, you can just give them a glass of Yellow Tail and save the good stuff for yourself
So true Mark and they will till you what a great tasting wine it is
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
So true Mark and they will till you what a great tasting wine it is
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just love this description!

MD 20/20
18% or 13% alc. by vol.

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York. This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark. MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20". You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink. This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it! Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside. Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain. Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster. Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.

Liquor stores are starting to be infiltrated by a 13% variety of MD 20/20 Red Grape. There is also a new "Blue Raspberry" flavor with "BLING BLING". Even the lowest functioning of bums will know not to get swindled out of 5%.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ground Resonance

Man you guys are funny
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in