Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters

500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 500l dominator battery size ?

I am tempted to get one of these helicopters but align do not state the Max battery size appart from the mah. But could some one tell me what the max dimensions are for the battery compartment please ?

Thanks liam

Last edited by liam-b; 02-04-2015 at 10:24 AM..
liam-b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up some glacier 2600's to try, fig why not at 49.99 each....

Anybody know what tooth pinion to use on a 500l for 2900-3000 head speed with the 2600 lipo ?
Old 02-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

44 mm x 45 mm.
i got the 3300 nano tech in the mail today get the heli next week will let you know if they fit.
gonepostal- is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2015, 05:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using nanotech 3300 6 š batteries here on the 500l

Perfect fit
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep perfect fit
gonepostal- is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

what c ratings are the nanotech 3300mah packs u guys are using?

the cg is dead on with those packs??
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Zippy Compact 3300 60C will fit this heli, but not much bigger battery will do it, maybe 1mm more width and like 2 or 3 height. Lenght is not a problem.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingWashington View Post
Zippy Compact 3300 60C will fit this heli, but not much bigger battery will do it, maybe 1mm more width and like 2 or 3 height. Lenght is not a problem.
are the nanotechs much bigger?

anyone using 65c 3300mah nanotechs??
Old 03-26-2015, 03:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerfien View Post
are the nanotechs much bigger?

anyone using 65c 3300mah nanotechs??
Nanotech are smaller for sure. In fact zippy compact are not that "compact" XD, they are pretty big ones.

Search hobbyking and rapicon for the batterie models I said and take note about their dimensions so you can compare, but I think any battery <3300 will fit this heli.

Edit: I forgot to mention, yes the GC is pretty forth with this battery sizes. I think it can be addressed cos there is a LOT of room to move the battery back. Anyway, you wont notice that GC during the flights if you are using Gpro. At least I cannot notice it.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingWashington View Post
Nanotech are smaller for sure. In fact zippy compact are not that "compact" XD, they are pretty big ones.

Search hobbyking and rapicon for the batterie models I said and take note about their dimensions so you can compare, but I think any battery <3300 will fit this heli.

Edit: I forgot to mention, yes the GC is pretty forth with this battery sizes. I think it can be addressed cos there is a LOT of room to move the battery back. Anyway, you wont notice that GC during the flights if you are using Gpro. At least I cannot notice it.
The Nanotech 3300 65c DO NOT FIT!!!!!

I wasted my money, they are in fact larger than the zippy apparently....

They hit the screws holding the front canopy mounts on

I looked at the specs between these nano's an the zippy's and on paper it only shows it being a width of 1mm difference but thats impossible if your fit without hitting those screws. .

I'm gonna go measure now.

EDIT: So the nano battery is in fact the size mentioned on HK. I'm thinking your zippy is not as wide as actually spec'd on paper. From what I can see, it looks like the battery needs to be no more than roughly 42mm wide to avoid hitting the canopy mount bolts.

And to top it off for resale value...I gouged the one pack trying to push it in thinking it was the velcro straps making it soo tight

Not a happy camper right now...our clubs fun fly is this weekend

2nd EDIT: So after looking up the dimensions on the pulse packs I realized they are pretty much the same size when using 65c 3300's.

I also realized that the packs are actually wider than they are in height.

I managed to tilt the pack on it's side so the wires come out the side instead of the top like all the pics and manual show. Also I am still NOT able to get any velcro to fit, even the stock stuff in the kit. What i had to do is just use velcro on the battery to the tray and then just electrical tape the around the pack and tray where the velcro strap should go.

Anyone oblige to doing it this way????

I think if you want to use a 65c pack, this is the only way to do it. Or use 45c cuz there smaller

Last edited by gixerfien; 05-27-2015 at 01:15 AM..
gixerfien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 03:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran 35c in my 500pro and E5 12cell with no issues. On my E5 the logs show a max of 90amps being pulled. I dont have a log from the align esc though but the 500mx motor is rated for less max amps than the one in my E5.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is strange for laughs I fit a pulse 6s "5000" 45c right in there (no lipo tray) fit snug but fit just the same.

Trex700Pro/Trex700LTop/Trex500L/14sgh T$3D
Old 05-27-2015, 11:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I use Turnigy nano-tech 3300mah 6S 35~70C

These batteries fit. I just used them again today.

I set them up so the discharge and balance connectors are in the rear and on the bottom of the battery. After I slide them in I pull the discharge connector out thru a hole in the side of the frame. This way I can connect power after I get the canopy on.
kirby_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2015, 02:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerfien View Post
The Nanotech 3300 65c DO NOT FIT!!!!!

I wasted my money, they are in fact larger than the zippy apparently....

They hit the screws holding the front canopy mounts on

I looked at the specs between these nano's an the zippy's and on paper it only shows it being a width of 1mm difference but thats impossible if your fit without hitting those screws. .

I'm gonna go measure now.

EDIT: So the nano battery is in fact the size mentioned on HK. I'm thinking your zippy is not as wide as actually spec'd on paper. From what I can see, it looks like the battery needs to be no more than roughly 42mm wide to avoid hitting the canopy mount bolts.

And to top it off for resale value...I gouged the one pack trying to push it in thinking it was the velcro straps making it soo tight

Not a happy camper right now...our clubs fun fly is this weekend

2nd EDIT: So after looking up the dimensions on the pulse packs I realized they are pretty much the same size when using 65c 3300's.

I also realized that the packs are actually wider than they are in height.

I managed to tilt the pack on it's side so the wires come out the side instead of the top like all the pics and manual show. Also I am still NOT able to get any velcro to fit, even the stock stuff in the kit. What i had to do is just use velcro on the battery to the tray and then just electrical tape the around the pack and tray where the velcro strap should go.

Anyone oblige to doing it this way????

I think if you want to use a 65c pack, this is the only way to do it. Or use 45c cuz there smaller
My 4 zippy compact 60c 3300 are (I've just measured it with a calyper) 44,5x48, the web states 45x48 so its correct. With the hook and loop tape it measures 44,5x50. It fits, it fits tight thought. I use the align straps and the velcro is on the narrower side (44,5mm wide), the wires come from the front because the ESC is in the standard position. And off course I use the align tray for the battery.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use velcro on the tray and electrical tape to secure the lipos to the trays. It gives you more room that the straps

Old 05-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
I use velcro on the tray and electrical tape to secure the lipos to the trays. It gives you more room that the straps

YUP!! this is what I had to do as well. Even with the electrical tape, it still rubs slighty on the canopy mount bolts, not enough to damage anything, but enough to leave a rub mark.

With the 65c packs, there is def no fitting the velcro in. I was at Rotorquest today and we matched my nano 65's to their pulse 65 and they were the same, the 45c pack is about 1.5mm narrower
Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to confirm the Nano 3300 35C fit but the 65C do not fit in the 500L??

Anyone using Blue Turnigy 3000 or 3300 Packs?

Thanks
cadkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadkins View Post
Just to confirm the Nano 3300 35C fit but the 65C do not fit in the 500L??

Anyone using Blue Turnigy 3000 or 3300 Packs?

Thanks
The nano 65c fit BUT you need to use electrical tape instead of a strap.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of curiosity, why use the 3300mAh 65C min vs the 35C min nano-techs? Do have a non-stock motor and ESC?

If you have them already, great. But 35 * 3.3A = 115A , and those 35C batteries will do more than 35C peak. I am under the impression that a higher C rating doesn't get you anything.
kirby_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 500l dominator battery size ?

IMO they overrate the C rating a little. When I check the IR it's almost always lower than specs. The higher C packs stay cooler and deliver more energy at the end of the flight.

With that said the 35C may be fine for the 500L and I would have no issues running them.
cadkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in