Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Gryphon Electronics

Gryphon Electronics Gryphon Electronics Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GSR-7075-LMT : Gryphon Quasar Hyper 75V 20A HV Switching BEC

Thank you very much, RasmusDK! Problem solved!
glushkov is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a gryphon extreme regulator with the pin flag on a trex700. Might chime in with some experiences for anyone else with issues. My pin flag switch sheared a little on the 3-pin connector that is shrink wrapped to the pcb. The reg is fail-safe, so if you remove the pin-flag plug from the regulator body, it should turn ON. If it doesn't, then its got nothing to do with the switch.
Prinsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BEC on 16S

So the description of the BEC states it's capable of 18S but is recommended for 12S. This is odd and has left me wondering...what's the deal? I'm converting my Suzi Laos 800 to 16S and need a BEC to compliment a YGE 320 ESC. The Savox HV Brushless servos I use consistantly pull peaks of 15 amps during flight so this BEC appears to be the solution but I don't get a good feeling from a unit that leads me to believe it's capable of 16S but not really recommended. Is that a correct assessment? Has anyone seen or used one of the BEC's used in a 16 to 18S setup?
brummett65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you looked at hv2bec ? Works great for me on my HV birds
rfauske is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to try setting this to 7.4, seeing how its adjustable by using the ' v-adj ' potentiometer all the way to 7.7

Would I just back this off a tad and hopefully be in the 7.4 ball park ?

using on goblin 630, outrage hv's all around, helijive 120, hc3sx with two sats

thanks
Praztek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dual lights

when i plug in the unit (12s) i get a white light and a red flashing light. running at the stock 6v with no pin switch. is this normal? is there any troubleshooting guides?

thanks
jongam0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you adjusted on the low voltage warning/alarm? Normal if your battery is under voltage, it will flash red
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

Just a little bump on this thread as I don't want to start another one.
I have a Gryphon Quasar coming in tomorrow which I will be fitting onto my Trex 600 which is a 12s setup. Currently using the stock Align BEC connected to a 2s RX pack.
Now I am not sure as to weather I should do the following:
Option 1. Wire the Quasar direct to receive the 12s supply. This will be the easiest and neatest. Is the Quasar OK with this in the long run from a heat build up point of view.?
Option 2. Wire the Quaser to receive 6s supply from one of the flight packs.
Option 3. Add a 3s RX pack to supply the Quasar. More weight and lipos to keep charged but maybe less work for the BEC?

I really want to go for the 12s option but don't want to shorten the Quaser's lifespan. What do you suggest?
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go for option 1

I do so on several 12s setup, and never had an failure. It's very easy as you also write :-)
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Thanks Rasmus, yeah I have been doing quite a bit of googling all over the internet and it seems safe to run this on 12s, I guess I am going to go this way then.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
Old 03-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GSR-7075-LMT stopped working! Help!

I have a GSR-7075-LMT BEC, which has been working for 21 flights and countless bench tuning. Upon the 22nd flight, it suddenly won't work. I took out the BEC to test on the bench with it and a lipo, and it would not light up, turn on, or output the voltage as before. Anyone can point on how to resolve this? Warranty?

Many thanks!!
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgunawan View Post
I have a GSR-7075-LMT BEC, which has been working for 21 flights and countless bench tuning. Upon the 22nd flight, it suddenly won't work. I took out the BEC to test on the bench with it and a lipo, and it would not light up, turn on, or output the voltage as before. Anyone can point on how to resolve this? Warranty?

Many thanks!!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Only own Polaris BEC. So I can't help you.

Official support is kinda slow for the Gryphon users... Hope you get some help...
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talk to the store you got it from. I got my failed one replaced after more then a years use when it failed.
rfauske is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 04:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgunawan View Post

Many thanks!!
Well can you believe this. Did 4 flights on my 600 yesterday, no hassles. Went to field early this morning to fly another 4 packs and my Gryphon BEC is as dead as a dodo. Exactly the same thing as yours. Not even 6 months old.
Will contact my selling dealer on Tuesday as its holidays here now.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR450ZS View Post
Well can you believe this. Did 4 flights on my 600 yesterday, no hassles. Went to field early this morning to fly another 4 packs and my Gryphon BEC is as dead as a dodo. Exactly the same thing as yours. Not even 6 months old.

I had one of mine just do the same thing , have this set up on 2 other birds 100's of flights no issues , wired to 12s. Have only used regulator about a dozen times--setup & trying to get some set up flights in--
Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady View Post
hello , i have a rex 700 dfc and want to use the
GSR-7075-LMT : Gryphon Quasar Hyper 75V 20A HV Switching BEC

has anyone in the real world connected to a 12s pack , it says it can take up to 75v input ?
if you have can ya let me know and i`ll be getting asap

thank you , ady
I have 3 in service, all connected to 12s, great BEC and love the pinflag sw
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015, 02:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR450ZS View Post
Just an update here, Gryphon replaced this unit and another which also had a failure, which I suspect was caused by a faulty pin switch. So all good now. Thanks Gryphon for your excellent backup.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haven't gotten around to doing anything with my faulty BEC. I'll try to contact Gryphon directly, since I got the device a year ago & HeliDirect (where I bought it from) tend to not deal with stuff like this.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my Quasar toady which is going to replace a cc bec pro on my Gaui X7. The cc bec came with the ferrite core preinstalled on it and curious if I should buy the gryphon add on ferrite core clamp?
whatson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in