Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What is the function of the green wire between the RX2435 and the UFLYS ESC ???

I've bought a RX2435 to try a 3-axis gyro in my GURU-Z FP. I will use the TX2401 of my CB100, a very fast Inolab servo for the tail and 2 MKS DS480's for cyclic.
Everything seems to work ok, only the ESC won't make the motor turn. Starting up, I hear the usual beebs, but that's it.

I noticed the original UFLYS has an extra green wire between the RX2435 and the ESC; what's the function of this wire? is there some kind of workaround?
WOW Hobby recommends me a Feigao ESC, but that one doesn't have the extra wire, just like my own Hobbywing, so I'm unsure the Feigao will be the solution.

I hope anyone can help me out. Thanks for the replies!
ZamBeZi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I just gave it a try.
Took an old servowire, plugged it in the BATT-port of the RX-2435 and connected the white wire to the JST-balancerconnector of my 3S lipo: the middle one of the 3 positive pins, which has the volts of only 2 cells (didn't have the guts to put 11,1 volt on the RX-2435).

It worked!
Very happy! Now nobody needs a RX-2433 with those adaptercables!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

A quick primer on servo leads... For Walkera (and many others, but not all), the arrangement of red, white and black breaks down like this: red is + voltage power supply; black is - voltage power supply; white is neg going signal line. You know (ok, assume) that its negative because of the order of the wires in the lead and on the board (ie the plug can be reversed without blowing up the servo amplifier- this is not carved in stone, tho).

The outer most black wire/plug rx board is the negative buss on the receiver board and is to the outside of the rx. The red + lead is in the centre, and the white signal line is on the inside edge of the buss strip. Usually all black negative buss lines and red pos buss lines on the rx connector strip are connected together (thats why it usually doesn't matter where a power lead( red/black) get plugged in). The white signal lines are isolated from one another for channel function.

I'm guessing the green wire is plugged into the signal (white) line on the receiver. If so, its purpose on that plug circuit is to provide low voltage cutoff signal back to the esc to shut down the esc in the event of receiver lockout or power supply failure, in order to prevent a runaway. Putting 7.4v on that line may not be wise... If the circuit only uses voltage sensing, then a single batt cell voltage of 3.7 should be adequate to keep the ESC alive unless voltage drops well below 3.7v.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

just did a test:
3,7 volt doesn't work
5,0 volt idemdito
it's really a cut-off for 2S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in