Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quick World Wide

Quick World Wide QWW Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I Done Did it now !!!!!!!

Ok guys, a while back i did a basketcase Raptor 30, So i did it again, i found 2 Quick 30's, that i should be able to make one good flying Quick pro 30 carbon ???? I hope, i got a low butget...again,
ALSO !! if anyone has a quick 30 out there, i will have some good spare parts, we can work out a deal.....caz 1 of these needs partsNEEDS for the build
quick 30 canopy....or somthing that will fit..
3 cyclic servos .....I GOT SOME
1 throttle servo ........GOT IT
1 align 2 in 1 ..........STILL NEED ONE
1 tail servo.. futaba or align ............GOT ONE
fuel line ............NEED SOME
align fuel filter with T fitting .............ON ORDER
i have 2 booms, but they have glue on them from the rod holders so i would like a new.....but i can do without it
1 supertigre g 34 h piston ring....( i think i found one.
some velcro and battery straps,
i have a vintage futaba radio, that matches the ERA...so i will use that..
I tore it down tonight. and wow someone must have used red loctite, caz i cant get some of the frame apart....so i will have to deal with that getting parts back in.....
and maybe some other things i have not found yet.....But the objective is to set up and fly against my raptor 30...a 1 on 1 review.....Oh P.S. if you do have any items, remember, IM SO BROKE I CANT PAY ATTENTION!....so bear with me, my progress might be slow, but i will do it...
i do have a second 30 airframe, if some one needs parts..
i will update photos on project...

Last edited by cruzroy; 05-30-2012 at 10:04 AM..
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Day 2 cleaning parts

This is what i got so far, tighten and locktite, every thing......now i await and look for stuff needed

Old 06-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Update 6-5-2012

Who Dares Say Electric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Only Kidding.....I guess I’m weird....I went from electric to Nitro.....and someday GAS

So anyways, stayed home today from work to go see doctor, for a week and a half I’ve been feeling allot of pain on the left arm and chest and neck.....so I thought I was having a heart attach , But I went in for a EKG and heart is good.....so doc thinks it’s like a tendentious ????? (That’s why they call it "practicing medicine"
So now another pill....."""STERIODS""" don’t make me angry!!!

So while I waited at home in pain. I had to do a few things to keep busy

1.....tore down and cleaned the tt36, the guy said he put it in just before he crashed....looked really good carb a little stiff, but i think she is ok.....i just dry fitted her.....i think im going to need a cluch liner....$$$$$

2. I had to rebuild my head, just to check everything....( please to all builders.....DO NOT USE RED LOCKTITE!!!!, I was snapping nuts and bolts off of everything airframe and head....WOW is was ready to throw this thing away.....but it’s still here....

3. I had to rebuild the fuel tank, once I took the plug out, the brass tube where all chewed up....so luckily I have a test tank and some new line....so I rebuilt it..

4. I don’t know if this is a good idea, but the 2 booms I got where scratched and dinged and the color was off, so I sanded, puttied, painted and clear coated the best one....But I had to scrape it off were the tail goes on.....added to the thickness..But the color is a match...I really need touch p on all the parts.....but that would take forever

5. well took 6 pills......now i got to relax......Just Getting OLD
waiting for some used parts, and i will keep you updated,
thanks for all the help......
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Update 6-12-2012 Quick 30 Restore

I’ve been sorting and cleaning and searching for parts......and all is well, and I wanted to keep the vintage look...with a kick, I got an old futaba radio, that I’m going to convert to 2.4 technology, I don’t have allot of cash, so I buy them crashed and hunt and search for parts thought it was going to be tough, bring a quick, but it wasn’t, at quickworldwide they do have all the parts, but the whole idea like the basket case raptor i got, was to see if i could dig scratch and crawl, and trade...to find parts, but i did have to buy a few items, which was no different than the raptor v1, most parts for that bird a scarce!!!and it cost $$$$ to convert to a v2, but the Quick 30 will be as it was, I don’t have a canopy yet, and there are still some parts left to find....but all in all it has not been bad....the only bad thing was getting the tail all set, and the pulley side rail snapped off, so I had to take it apart and do it over,(but you have to realize, I have 2 crashed units, and I’m trying to build one good one, and the difference between the quick and the Raptor, is for the same cost, the quick is all CNC and Carbon Fiber, the Raptor was all plastic,...I trying to use the servos and electrics form the timeline of the bird....not top end, but affordable and flyable, I just want to say, that I’m am a 1 year veteran ,flying and building heli, and I’m am not a pro from no means, and I’m the type that don’t like instructions, I’m kind of mechanical, I use them very limited, and that’s the point to see if this can be done by a noob..And this will be a fair review between the Raptor and the Quick 30, the 1 thing i notice is head design is more mechanical with the Quick ??? is it overwhelming ?? ? we will see, sorry for the time line......it’s a cost issue with me, so bear with me, my raptor took most of the winter, but I’ll tell you the Quick is going well, and here are the pictures of her up to date..

Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default yep!!!

I still have a pile of parts to sort thru
Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Well tonight i got home.....and figured i would work on the Quick 30

i polished the muffler, and did some plumbing....it was interesting, seeing the motor sits reversed from my Raptor 30
update 6-13-2012....IM MISSISING SOME SERVO RODS.....DANGIT!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in