Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just got a 4g3 as my first Helli, going to need lots of blades

Hey everyone, Just purchased the 4g3 as my first helli,(metal upgrade, double brushless w/turbo ace, and 2801 TX, I also got a 20T pinion but dont need to put it in yet) from wowhobbies

I am good at flying in the simulator, but this little guy is hard to fly! ive had about 10 min total flight time and can keep it in the air for a second or 2, just made some training gear for it so i dont break anymore blades. Anyway, I have a few questions. I am a total noob at this, I dont know how hard i should screw the blades down, preflight checks, making sure everythings ballanced, throttle %'s and what the switches at the top of the TX do (2801). I dont expect anyone to post the answer to all those questions (would take a books worth of writing) but I didnt know if anyone had any good resources and links they wouldnt mind posting in here to help me get started! I have read the 2801 manual but it doesnt really go into explinations about basic stuff. Thanks in advance!

P.S. how can i tell if I have a v2 or not? I just bought it, so should it be the newer version?

--Chris
xchristheisx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

screw the blades just tight enough for it to drop on its own while holding the heli canopy facing the ground or upwards ... this way the blades are loose enough extend fully when it rotates and also swing about as much as possible to avoid more damage to your head or other parts if your blades strike something
as for the 2801 tx ... sorry cant help u there coz i am using a stock 2601 tx

i would just get it higher in the air ... maybe around 5-6ft .. rather than let it skittle around on the floor trying to take off ... once u are higher up .. everything becomes much easier and your SIM reflex will take over
allanQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW! That is quite a setup for a first heli! Sounds like you got a keeper though. I'm not sure what WOW is doing with the TurboAce double brushless. If they are just swapping motors out of the new double brushless, you have a v3. If they are upgrading the standard brushless to double brushless in house, you have a v2. Doesn't really matter though. No major differences parts wise.
AllanQ is definitely right...much harder to do anything that close to the ground. Once you get her up, she calms down a bit.
The 2801 is tricky because the documentation is crap. If you go to http://rcfriends.createforum.com/ there are quite a few posts on the 2801 under TX/RX discussions. They have all the settings listed.
The switches at the top are your flight mode and throttle hold switches. The right switch will switch you between normal and "3d" mode. The left switch is your throttle hold. It's actually backwards from the usual setup of most transitters.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I have done to increase blade life is to screw together a new set and grinding or filing the ends of the blades so that the carbon fiber rod in the blades sticks out the farthest so that when you have a blade strike the carbon fiber takes the brunt. Grind them together so that they are as symetrical as possible. Flies just as good. Run a thin bead of CA glue along the end of the blades to seal.
singingperry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I now have an MSR, all I can say about the Novus/4g3 is !@#$%^&*()"??!!!!!!!!!!
singingperry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by singingperry View Post
I now have an MSR, all I can say about the Novus/4g3 is !@#$%^&*()"??!!!!!!!!!!
Oh dear, they are not the easiest helis to fly are they?
I didn't get on with mine so well when I first got it. I got used to it by using heavier blades to slow it down a bit. Now after owning it for over a year I am well used to flying it, and so I have a lot of fun with it

Hope you don't get bored with your mSR too quickly, that's what I find happens with helis that hover by themselves.

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

My prior reply was inaccurate - I've removed it.

Last edited by Silverexpress01; 02-28-2010 at 03:21 AM..
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in