Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Swift 16 vs trex 450

Hi all I just recently started flying my trex 600 hard and now I am wanting a smaller heli that is stable like my 600 but not as small as my 450 my question is the swift 16 better than my 450 but small enough to fly at a large park with no one around? I might sell my 450 because after the 600 the 450 is kinda to small. Will the swift 16 on 4s with the 600+ motor let me down or can it really perform?

Thanks all I am going crazy!
AnyAirRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

AnyAirRc

I have a Swift 16 using a stock 600 motor (not plus) on 4 cells and it will perform if needed but I use it as scale style flyer. At 100% it would overperform but have slowed the motor down to 78% max. to make it more realistic. I think they say that a 550+ motor will do about the same as the old 600.
Dennisu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both a 450 and Swift (Century 550 -9t, 4S 15c) I am getting ready to upgrade to 600+ and go 6s, the Swift is much less intimidating than a 30 size nitro and is much lighter (than my buddies JR anyway) I have no problem flying it at a park but with my 4s 15c (megapower from HeliDirect) I would not say it is impressive, I can do the basics but nothing extreme. With the pitch curve set at 100-75-100 and roughly a 1900 rpm headspeed it will bog when changing pitch quickly, but for loops rolls or inverted flight it has plenty of power. It was 85 today when I flew and nothing was over 115 aftter 6-7 minutes of flying in idle up. I getting ready to sell my 450 so I can put more money in the Swift I love how stable it is.
senzafine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well I did it I sold my 450 and my swift will be here in the morning !!! I cant wait to build it.
Fli Now is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

opps that was my post!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

AnyAirRc

FYI -- I have a pair of FP 3700 4 cell (20C to 50C) and they will each give about 10 minutes of scale style flying using about 70% capacity. This includes quick stops and towering takeoffs etc. so not just low current drain stuff.
Dennisu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well I got the heli built all that is left is servos, rx, gyro install. I looks like the perfect size for the big park by my house. I'll take pics of the swift next to the 600 when I get my 600 canopy back.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

here are some pics to see how big it is next to my 600. I did get a chance to fly the swift about 8 times now and with a head speed of 1820 this thing is fun! I'd say it has about 3/4 the power to weight ratio that my 600 has but it is still very fun and very fast in forward flight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swift_front.jpg (120.7 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg swift_600_side.jpg (181.4 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg swift_600_208.jpg (61.4 KB, 436 views)
Old 05-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

AnyAirRC,

What power package are you running - motor, pinion, ESC, battery?

Once you become comfortable with your set-up you can go to a hot 5 cell or 6 cell one that will get your head speed up to 2100 or so and you will find your Swift with 515, 530, 550 or 560 blades can really rock.

It would perform like your T600 with an expensive 10 cell power package.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am running a 4s thp pack, the 600+ motor, ccp 60 esc in gov mode, and 12t pinion. It really was a surprise how well it did on 4s, when I get my 550 NHP Pro Razors I will add the 13t pinion and see how she does.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyAirRc View Post
I am running a 4s thp pack, the 600+ motor, ccp 60 esc in gov mode, and 12t pinion. It really was a surprise how well it did on 4s, when I get my 550 NHP Pro Razors I will add the 13t pinion and see how she does.
hello,

did you ever get to test out your swift with the NHP razor 550s?

i am curious how it will run on your 4s system

thank, and look forward to your feedback ... khan
wrathofkhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Youll love that swift! I have a Swift 620 SE, and a swift 16Se, and i love them! I run a 600+, 10t pinion, and 6s 5000mah airthunder packs...Heres a video from before i got the 10t pinion, the headspeed in the video is roughly 2400...
http://www.myrctoys.com/embedded-videos/swift-jpc.html

i bought the metal tail parts (box, and grips), and all metal head, and now fly at about 2600-2680, and its a ballistic monster
Old 03-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Eeeeky, what pinion are you running to get 2600? Have you put a datalogger or tachometer on it to verify? By my calculations that's beyond 100% efficiency with a 10T and the 600+ motor.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am running the 10T pinion, on 6s lipo...remember fully charged is 25.2volts. I tached it at 2580 in my driveway...scarey to even be by...but man is it ballistic
Old 03-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Holy moly, that's a lot of headspeed.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Nice flyin eeeky.I am running the same set-up with a 9 tooth. I think I will try the ten.
hopntod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you have the all metal head, and tail before trying it, and some decent blades that can handle the load...otherwise your asking for trouble.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

Hey Eeeeky how you been? Have not seen you @ RR posting? A lot of use jumped ship since HF bumped Century down on priority list .

I got my 620 SE hope to get vids soon of some fun stuff
Philie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
AKA MotorRotor INOP

Phillie,

Why would you "jump ship" from a great heli like the Swift, just because HF dropped heli to this list. That is not a measure of how good a heli is, it is a measure simply of how many forum memebers fly it.

There are many other forums where you will find the Swift threads to be one of the most popular (e.g. RCG electrc helis forrum). Some of these forums are also very much more informed realtive to "Electric' Helis". And most of those members to not come to this forum which is more nitro heli oriented.

I gained most of my knowledge about electric helis (after flying nitros and gassers for 20 years) from teh RCG forums.

Last edited by GyroAl; 03-17-2008 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
GyroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Hi GyroAl, You miss understood...What I meant was by jumping ship is..jumping this forum...I and and some others are visiting other sites more often now than heli freak. Reason:..Heli freak put century down on there list and the fact its not well supported and the low count of forum members supporting as well. Like you said much more support elsewhere!

I love all my Century Machines!

Heli freak does not seem its more for Nitro's It seems to Others and Myself that heli freak in more dedicated to align products more than anything else! I know a lot of people that wont even look or consider align product because of the low quality when compared to other kits!
Philie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in