Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any reviews/comments on Hawk Pro?

Hi, I am new to helis, and was able to pick up a used Hawk Pro that was in a crash. It only needed a couple of parts, but came with engine, gyro and tail servo so it was a sweet deal. My question is, does anyone have any comments or reviews about this bird? It will be my first heli, but I have flown on the sim for many hours and have many of years of experience flying rc planes.

Thanks in advance for any help

Carl
Ontaeronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have many helis of man different sizes and the only 30 size nitro that I have kept and still fly regularly is my Hawk Pro. After 500+ flights it is still going strong.

It is a great and versatile heli, that is easy to set-up as a soft and stable trainer or as a hotter 3D practice machine. You are going to love it.

What radio, servos, gyro and blades are on the used one you have purchased?

What other helis have you had?
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, havn't had any other helis, just lots of time on the Phoenix sim and a lil bit of playing with a blade MCX.

As for radio, Futaba 7c, gyro Futba Gy401 and matching futba digital tail servo. *model escapes me at the moment*.Blades are just stock woodies for now. Once I do a few hours of hovering and such I will probally go to fiberglass.

The gentleman I bought the heli from, bought it for his dad to learn on, but due to failing eyesight his dad didn't fly it. The crash was an oops moment, doing a loop and forgetting that idle up wasn't on... He managed to save alot of it, only things that broke was the tail boom bent, right hand lower frame bent and the rear landing gear strut broke. It came with all the parts cept for boom tube, lower frame and strut.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Century Hawk Pro

I just did the maiden flight on my Hawk Pro last week. I have about 7 flights on it and so far it's fantastic. It's rock solid and flies great. I also got a deal on it. It was brand new but assembled with an O.S. .32 engine and the wood blades. I'm still figuring out the throttle and pitch curves but I did manage a back flip and loop with it. The loop almost ended badly though as I got caught up settling under power. It bounced off the ground and back into the air but kept flying. I also have the tough gear which I now highly recommend.

Here's the video of the maiden flight, I'm still editing the footage of the next flights where I'm doing hammer heads and loops and fast passes etc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ9ds30-gaY&list=UUB9MIR2PTbyuWgr8Fc8SGKQ&index=1&feature= plcp[/ame]
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The hawk pro is a fantastic heli. It was my very first trainer and literally from setup to forward flight, learned how to fly the heli myself and a few of bob's videos. Like yours I got mine from a previous crash, replaced the feathering shaft, wood blades with fibers (get rid of the wood blades), and a decent radio setup. Once it's dialed in it's a lot of fun to fly. I only hope Century keeps supporting it with parts.
Vinny ///M3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I certainly agree. the Hawk Pro is a true diamond in the rough. Later, when you want more performance, you will find that installing an OS37 with a good muffler will realy bring it alive!

You will find that installing a less restrictive mffler then the stock one will help the OS32 also and give it a much softer sound.

A muffler such as this will beneifit the OS 32 as well as the OS 37, and be much quieter.

http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/N...MSAB6RS3D.html

or even this one would help, though not as much:

http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/N...ACEPV0102.html
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontaeronut View Post
Thanks for the reply, havn't had any other helis, just lots of time on the Phoenix sim and a lil bit of playing with a blade MCX.

As for radio, Futaba 7c, gyro Futba Gy401 and matching futba digital tail servo. *model escapes me at the moment*.Blades are just stock woodies for now. Once I do a few hours of hovering and such I will probally go to fiberglass.

The gentleman I bought the heli from, bought it for his dad to learn on, but due to failing eyesight his dad didn't fly it. The crash was an oops moment, doing a loop and forgetting that idle up wasn't on... He managed to save alot of it, only things that broke was the tail boom bent, right hand lower frame bent and the rear landing gear strut broke. It came with all the parts cept for boom tube, lower frame and strut.
I see you are from Canada. Check your PM relative to where you can order parts.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am looking forward to getting this hawk pro into the air, now i just need to find time to fix the silly thing..... Can we switch to a 48Hr day? please.....
Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngin View Post
I certainly agree. the Hawk Pro is a true diamond in the rough. Later, when you want more performance, you will find that installing an OS37 with a good muffler will realy bring it alive!

You will find that installing a less restrictive mffler then the stock one will help the OS32 also and give it a much softer sound.

A muffler such as this will beneifit the OS 32 as well as the OS 37, and be much quieter.

http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/N...MSAB6RS3D.html

or even this one would help, though not as much:

http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/N...ACEPV0102.html
I already have the O.S 37 and a good aftermarket muffler on the bird, twas another reason I was happy with the deal I got.

Well, she is coming together. I got the new lower frame side on, new landing gear struts, tail boom and shaft are installed. Only forgot one thing... to replace the clutch. DOH!!. Well, it will take a lil longer, but by that time maybe my new servos and battery will be in. I will post pics and video of her remaiden..
Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hawk pro ..

Hawk pro, is a great heli for as far as i'm concerned for any experience level pilot . I have had 3 well 2 so far as my first was a hawk sport .. right now i have a pro with an os32 still on an fm radio and another hawk pro with an os37 piped, spectrum and a governor, all have been good stable platforms to learn and progress on .and yes i have flown and own many others so not just predjuced. this is an addiction just like any other he who has the most helis wins.currectly i own 9 flight ready helis from mcpx thru century predator gasser which also includes several align birds. But when i need to get comfortable with anything new i want to try i go back an practice on the hawk first...
motorhead540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, finally I finished putting the Hawk back together. Tonight my friend and instructor did the maiden reflight of her. After a few tweeks, she flew quite nicely. We need to make a couple more tweeks but ran out of daylight. Tomorrow she will fly again and god willing my first time at the controls.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

comments ?

in a word, sweet, simply put it's a sweet heli
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hawk Pro? Yeah I got one and upgraded almost everything and it's a great flying chopper. It's definitely a "diamond in the rough" heli!
Vinny ///M3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

about 8-9 years ago when i wanted to get into helis and looked around and found the hawk sport and picked it up and i learned to fly with this heli. when i was ready i put a os37 with a good pipe and started doing light 3d ( loops,,tail slides,, rolls,, and so on )

what im trying to say is the hawk is a great heli. and by the way the hawk sport and pro are the same exept a few things.

also dont forget you can put a 50 size engine in this bird with the 50 conversion kit, plus add a 50 size boom and blades and you have a light 50 size heli.

right now i still have about 3 pros one im putting together right now and 2 are in parts for spairs.
hirobo fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirobo fan View Post
.....also dont forget you can put a 50 size engine in this bird with the 50 conversion kit, plus add a 50 size boom and blades and you have a light 50 size heli.

right now i still have about 3 pros one im putting together right now and 2 are in parts for spairs.
Which is basically what Century did for Hobbico when they made the Kinetic 50 for them.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRotor View Post
Which is basically what Century did for Hobbico when they made the Kinetic 50 for them.
Did the raven share many parts with the Hawk? I see it has a CCPM head but might the tail and frames be the same?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksport View Post
Did the raven share many parts with the Hawk? I see it has a CCPM head but might the tail and frames be the same?
There is a lot of info on the LTP site about all of the different versions of the Hawk, the Kinetic 50, the previous Falcons & Ravens.

Here is one of the articles explaining the differences between the Hawk Pro, the K-50 and the Ravens. After reading it you will see that there is many very important differences between the Kinetic 50 (Hawk 50) and the much better Raven 50.

http://www.leisuretech.ca/index.php/..._hawl_and_k50/
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was a really good and very helpful article. I learned some new things about my Hawk Pro as well. Thank you.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksport View Post
That was a really good and very helpful article. I learned some new things about my Hawk Pro as well. Thank you.
Thank you, glad to see it was appreciated.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, four days of flying, bout 12ish flights and I can safely say this heli is sweet. she is a gentle sweetheart, but I can see she can be a very very nimble bird when tweeked just right. I am going to love this thing, a few upgrades and I will be laughing. Now I just have to start looking for some scale fusealages, the ones from Century are nice, but boring IMO. Heck I wouldn't even mind a fancy painted stock canopy... but no one makes the bloody things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in