Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #141 (permalink)

Default aftermarket gyro on blade cp

HELP... Can you use a 401 gyro with the electric motor ie. the stock blade cp.. I burned up the 4 in 1 but can I use gyro, speed control, ect and make the tail rotor work???
frootloop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok i have not gotten to the point where i have fitted my motor yet, But i keep reading about the tail shaft crapping out, and the use of music wire. How and where does the wire go? is there any pics of this? I did get the tail boom supports, is that the same or not strong enough?
I have just ordered the 8T gear for the tail rotor cause of posts saying there is not speed to counter the torque of the head and the stock 10t was no good. What other surprises are there? Thanks for the great videos and great forum on this heli, I know some people are done with them and dont like them but hey to each his owen :wink:
dr5liter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
I got the tail working by taking a piece of music wire (dont ask the diameter as I just had it in the garage) and heating it with a torch to aneal (harden) it.
Works great now!

Bob
hi bob. can you post a picture of the tail with this music wire?
greenh0rn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #144 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

A picture wont really help as it will look the same! The wire is the replaced tail shaft so you wont really notice anything different. Basically you are making your own tail shafts.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A picture wont really help as it will look the same! The wire is the replaced tail shaft so you wont really notice anything different. Basically you are making your own tail shafts.

Bob
when you say tail shaft, its shaft coming out of the tail pulley..rite?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #146 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yea the shaft the bends easy on the tail case. The pulley, pitch slider, and hub are on this shaft. Your just making a new stronger one.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yea the shaft the bends easy on the tail case. The pulley, pitch slider, and hub are on this shaft. Your just making a new stronger one.

Bob
ok.. got it.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:55 AM   #148 (permalink)

Hi guys,

i am rather new here, building HDX 300 after learning the trade on CP.

Now I have Sonix ESC and HDX-BLA adaptor with Outrunner motor, can someone please
post some wiring diagram as I am having hard time figuring how to connect all that.
Also can I use stock CP receiver and where do I connect HDX-BLA?
And regarding LiPo battery do I connect it to ESC or receiver? Or both?

Thanks
matkomali is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by matkomali
Hi guys,

i am rather new here, building HDX 300 after learning the trade on CP.

Now I have Sonix ESC and HDX-BLA adaptor with Outrunner motor, can someone please
post some wiring diagram as I am having hard time figuring how to connect all that.
Also can I use stock CP receiver and where do I connect HDX-BLA?
And regarding LiPo battery do I connect it to ESC or receiver? Or both?

Thanks
connect the battery to the esc will do. pwr is transfered to the receiver and your servos via the ESC when you plug the receiver connector to the throttle channel of your receiver.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to let everyone know (i know bob kinda mentioned it earlier), junk the tail shaft that came with the metal tail. the quality really sucks.

anyone know how to remove the shaft from the tail gear? don't seem to have any set screws holding the shaft onto the gear. pls help :?

Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok almost done with this 300 project and need hellp pickin gout a battery, i dont know what a good size and have not seen anything in the videos except for one in bobs video that says EVO 20, the rest i can not make out. please help would like to have it on order for this coming weekend for a test flight
Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

ohh and yes please a part number for a pinon gear for the hdx 400 motor, or a shaft size to help pick one out, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

well greenh0rn there is realy no way to get the tail sprocket off other than heating with a torch(press fit at assy),however when it does come off it seperates into 3 parts (2 sides 1 sprocket).some have had luck putting it back on with jb weld or green lockite,however you can get a new shaft assy here for about the same in price and frustration.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1779

dr5liter, from what I have heard from others is a 1350mAh 15-20c 11.1v, or an 1800mAh 10c 11.1v.
Are you sure you got the hdx400 motor( http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1126 ),the reason I ask is that one has a 3.17mm shaft which is hard to find gears for,you will have to look for the align gears and I think the smallest is an 11 tooth.this would give you a theoretical head speed of 2400 rpm(possibly up to 2600).if this is the one you have go here,
http://www.helihobby.com/html/t-rex_...l#PARTAGNM1051
or
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=378
Old 10-16-2006, 08:36 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptremb
well greenh0rn there is realy no way to get the tail sprocket off other than heating with a torch(press fit at assy),however when it does come off it seperates into 3 parts (2 sides 1 sprocket).some have had luck putting it back on with jb weld or green lockite,however you can get a new shaft assy here for about the same in price and frustration.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1779
thanks.. i actually did buy that shaft as a spare.. bent again.. after a couple of seconds after i spool up the motor.
Just tried with a zap400 shaft.. seems to be holding.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for getting back to me on the motor, I found out it is not the motor from your above link but the hdx 300 motor and it has a 2.3 mm shaft http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1524
now what gear should I use? and how in the world do I find out what wires go to what from this motor to the esc? there all black. is it possible to burn out the esc if I connect them wrong? Motor came with no instructions and the esc instructions only show black to black not saying which one i should put together.
getting desprite for help.

Roy
Old 10-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #156 (permalink)

You can't burn up the motor or ESC no matter how you hook up the three wires. You can I think burn up the esc by hooking up the battery to the ESC backwards though.

Has anyone tried the E-Flite 400 series inrunner motors in this thing? If the 370 can is not enough the 400 can should do the trick. Or the Castle mamba 3600KV motor.

Eric.
COOKIEULT70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

have not seen in the videos a link size for servo to swash plate. any ideas ?are they custom links size ?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:18 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

dr5liter use these
http://www.helihobby.com/html/t-rex_...l#PARTAGNM1050
or
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=377
or
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=987
I would recomend the align gears first as you have a selection to match up for the headspeed you want.a 9 tooth is standard install,this will give you a theoretical headspeed of 2350
the 10 will give you 2600
the 11 will give you 2900
I would stick with the 9 for woodies/plastiblades
10 for light 3d with woodies/carbon blades
11 for sick 3d and carbon blades(mandatory,woodies will get thrown,read some of the exciting things from the t-rex and high head speed) (I haven't heard of anyone getting their's to do this though,they say that the hdx450/t-rex peforms much better here)

when hooking up the motor the 3 wires connect to the 3 wires on the "motor" side of the esc.If it is running reverse swap any 2 wires.solder on a deans plug to the red/black or "batt" side of the esc.watch the polarity to ensure they match the batt or you will let the magic smoke out of the esc.

the servo to swash links are what you want them to be.the swash has 3.5mm balls.you could get the "ball ends" bag that has a bunch in it than get the matching link ends to make your own custom length,or use the stock bcp link rods with the z-bends.just make sure you put the link ends that came with the head assy. on the stock links as the bcp ball ends are smaller(atleast that's what I found).As far as the length what I did was mark the antirotation arm in the center and set my link length so that @ center stick the pin is at the center mark.

COOKIEULT70,I have read of some that are using inrunners with flying results,but couldn't say what they are.(370/400??)I would think that any motor recomended for a 350g heli would work if you can get it geared for the required min. headspeed.from what I have read this looks like anything over 2100.Much less and the tail won't have the authority to counter torque(don't ask how I know ) till the 40 tooth tail drive sprocket becomes available
Old 10-17-2006, 01:32 AM   #159 (permalink)

I was thinking either this motor

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1010

or this motor

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1105
COOKIEULT70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the recomended pinion size then everyone. I have a 11t 9t and 13t but i have the blue/ silver outrunner from the kit. Which one is best for this motor? 11.1v 12c 1320mah TP lipo is it makes any difference.
johnnychimpo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in