Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7200BX Greatest thing since sliced bread

I thought I would make a thread on the greatness of the ar7200bx. I've been reading a ton of great reviews on this in the past few months because I was plannin to get a new t-Rex 600e dfc. Well I bought the heli kit pro super combo except 3gx for 860$ at lowerheli.com. I bought the ar7200bx from a guy on rcgroups. Built the heli with ar7200bx in 2 nights. Took me about 30 min to set my swash ranges and the whole 9 yards. Almost everything is done electronically throught the bx. No more messin with the swash mix, 90 the servos, linkages or anything. I'm running a sat off the bx. Anyhow, my first spool up I fell in love!!!! The BEST FBL controller ever created. Very solid and reassuring and YOU are in control of the heli and not the other way around. No wobbling, wagging, or bouncing very smooth and precise. I love this setup. The ar7200bx is about 239.95 anywhere you look. IT IS 100% worth it!!!! Let me know what you guys think about this wonderful invention!
*heliman7228* is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The BX is unpretentious and flies well. However, by FBL standards, it's ancient tech. And if you payd $240 for one you were robbed. A new MSH iKon can be had for $170 on sale, and it has the latest gyros and features.

I hope you enjoy your BX and, when you're ready, get a latest generation FBL controller and compare the feel.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree the AR7200BX is great.. A good receiver combined with a very easy to use, stable, and good featured FBL unit.

I have one on my b300x.
I had one on my B450 3D, which I converted to FBL..

However, if you factor in cost, for me it wasn't worth it. My $40 2nd generation Copter-X FBL unit flies ALMOST as well as the BeastX. Since that time, zyx has had considerable firmware improvements for the ZYX/Copter-X platform and from my understanding perform just as well as BeastX for a fraction of the cost..

Then, as Dr.M indicates, there are next generation FBL units that boast features like: vibration isolation, logging, and auto-bailout which are now in the $250 price range.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I personally bought one from a guy on rcgroups for 180$ however new they are around 239.95$ And i have an ikon on a 550 and will admit it flies great! i dont use the logging and have never had vibration issues. but for me the ar7200bx which is a 2 in 1 full range receiver and fbl unit will get my vote every time. NO other fbl unit can be set up in as little as 30 min. It uses electronic swash mixing as well as pre set parameters as well as 3 pots to quick dial. Just an all around great fbl controller.

And no offense to tarot, turnigy, EXI or any other inferior brands ive just never messed with any generic brands. I want to assure myself of quality and have always used brands like:
Align, Thunder Power, Spektrum, Futaba, Etc. I have heard great things about the xyz gyro.

Thanks all!! In the next couple of weeks i will be making a first time ever side by side review of gyros on helis on stands to see which is over all a "better" gyro. Let me know which gyros you want me to test so far the list is Align 3gx, AR7200BX, Microbeast, Vbar, E-bar, Ikon, and a couple more. Tests will include response time and smootheness, voltage spikes and drops, processing, blackouts, etc.

Last edited by *heliman7228*; 03-10-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Old 03-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to see how the ace GT5.1 compares to the others.
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
The BX is unpretentious and flies well. However, by FBL standards, it's ancient tech. And if you payd $240 for one you were robbed. A new MSH iKon can be had for $170 on sale, and it has the latest gyros and features.

I hope you enjoy your BX and, when you're ready, get a latest generation FBL controller and compare the feel.

Where are you finding the iKon sales? I'm on the hunt for 1 or 2.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
Where are you finding the iKon sales? I'm on the hunt for 1 or 2.
gotta wait for a major sale date like black Friday or something...

OP,
I'd drop the 3GX and E-Bar from the line-up and add the Spartan Vortex, SK540, ZYX (v4 firmware) and Robird G31.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will consider letting the ebar go but you know the 3gx has to be proven a failure lol
And thanks for the input I will pick up a robird and spartan today.

And all I know this is a forum on the bx and it's greatness but has anyone flown the Bavarian demon? I've seen ads on HF about it. At least it sounds cool
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
My $40 2nd generation Copter-X FBL unit flies ALMOST as well as the BeastX.
That is my experience as well. They (cheaper versions) fly always ALMOST as well as, but never quite. No matter how much time and effort you put in to it. And amount of time needed for that ALMOST, measured in money is really bad.
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
That is my experience as well. They (cheaper versions) fly always ALMOST as well as, but never quite. No matter how much time and effort you put in to it. And amount of time needed for that ALMOST, measured in money is really bad.
Hey if you have the time and patience then get the cheaper gyros. Same with the clone gear. All require some more effort and a bit of ingenuity to get them to work sometimes.
Ridge Racer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with OP, BX is just as straight forward as you can get with set up and it flies great out of the box. I have it on my logo and its awesome.
ManilaIce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in