Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

A question - I am new to fbl systems (cgy750 is my first besides mcpx), can someone briefly describe how "98% to 100% which increased the stability of my heli without compromising on my control feel/accuracy" would feel?
My AFRs are quite high (50-70 on 450 class heli12/8 pitch collective/cyclic), so I am going to play with AVCS damping, but I just don't know when the value would be too high.

Right now I have it setup at 99% both aileron/elev, flight mode 3 and -15% expo (rest stock) and heli feels quite a lot too soft/tame (or like too much expo). I am used to 250 size FB heli setup with almost no expo and about 8 degrees on cyclic - controls are immediate and very linear, which I like.
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the very useful info, joe1l!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
A question - I am new to fbl systems (cgy750 is my first besides mcpx), can someone briefly describe how "98% to 100% which increased the stability of my heli without compromising on my control feel/accuracy" would feel?
My AFRs are quite high (50-70 on 450 class heli12/8 pitch collective/cyclic), so I am going to play with AVCS damping, but I just don't know when the value would be too high.

Right now I have it setup at 99% both aileron/elev, flight mode 3 and -15% expo (rest stock) and heli feels quite a lot too soft/tame (or like too much expo). I am used to 250 size FB heli setup with almost no expo and about 8 degrees on cyclic - controls are immediate and very linear, which I like.
AcidDrink, try changing your Flight Mode to 4 or even 5. This will liven the control feel up considerably.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks guys! i'm glad the info is helping. Well i hope it is helping. A product can be the better than all of its competitors but if people don't understand how to use it then it might as well be the worst. im hoping now that people understand the Expert settings that more will tune and provide even more feedback. bbremer is the person everyone should be thanking considering he cleared up some of the most confusing settings. I'm still a new pilot but i know what i like and if a system doesnt inspire confidence then i'll have a hard time flying it. The CGY750 inspires confidence and thats what i like...but it needs some tuning to get it right for me.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just came back from the field, did some tweaking based on info from this thread and it's fantastic.
Stayed with flt mode 3 for time being, but upped AVCS damp to 100, igain to 50% (both elev/aileron) and flew in 20 mph winds, heli didn't even feel it... (it's mini protos, 450 size).
After lowering in/out values a notch it feels just right now!
I have to adjust tail gain a bit, but that's it I think.

Thanks again!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rudder delay mode:Function / Constant

Rudder delay mode (Dly.Mode) from Function to Constant. (manual Page 92)
Defualt: Function.

Anybody tried the Constant mode?
Ill try on my next flight

PS: what a great Sticky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CGY page 92.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	236559  
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post

With a 450 start at the default value of AVCS.dmp and increase 1 point on both ail and elev and test fly. You will see that heli would feel more solid but you may feel a slight decrease in accuracy or sensitivity. Now from what you are describing, AVCS.dmp will not help with, instead increasing flight mode will help. If you find that increasing your flight mode from 3 to 4 doesnt help then chances are your AFR's are too high then you may need to go out 1 position on your servo arms to get a little more throw. IF you are getting 8 degrees of Ailerion at 60% or more AFR then i would go and increase your throw and see if you can land at 50-60 range instead. Elevator on the other hand 60% AFR is norm. You should try increasing your cyclic gains in the TX as this will help with that feeling. A trex250 is a fast heli so the 450 will always feel slower compared to it, therefore increasing your cyclic to 8.5 or 9 degrees might be better.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
With a 450 start at the default value of AVCS.dmp and increase 1 point on both ail and elev and test fly. You will see that heli would feel more solid but you may feel a slight decrease in accuracy or sensitivity. Now from what you are describing, AVCS.dmp will not help with, instead increasing flight mode will help. If you find that increasing your flight mode from 3 to 4 doesnt help then chances are your AFR's are too high then you may need to go out 1 position on your servo arms to get a little more throw. IF you are getting 8 degrees of Ailerion at 60% or more AFR then i would go and increase your throw and see if you can land at 50-60 range instead. Elevator on the other hand 60% AFR is norm. You should try increasing your cyclic gains in the TX as this will help with that feeling. A trex250 is a fast heli so the 450 will always feel slower compared to it, therefore increasing your cyclic to 8.5 or 9 degrees might be better.
Thanks for that, very good explanation.
I have decreased my in/out values for aile/elev by 1 and it's all good now. My AVCS damp is set to 100% and I don't think I feel any decrease in accuracy or sensitivity - I asked an experienced pilot who flies a 700 FBL to test fly it and he said it was very sensitive . I'll try to lower it to 99% just to see how it feel and see what happens. All I know is that heli is very stable even in 20 mph gusty winds.

Thanks again!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My AVCS damp is set to 100% and I don't think I feel any decrease in accuracy or sensitivity - I asked an experienced pilot who flies a 700 FBL to test fly it and he said it was very sensitive . I'll try to lower it to 99%
i guess the sensitive-ness could also be becuase of low Expo.
100 AVCS.damp is default in FM5
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knud Pedersen DENMARK View Post
i guess the sensitive-ness could also be becuase of low Expo.
100 AVCS.damp is default in FM5
I like how it reacts now, very immediate (just a matter of preference - I am not big fan of expo).
Going to play round with AVCS damp just to feel how it changes heli's behaviour.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I like how it reacts now, very immediate (just a matter of preference - I am not big fan of expo).
me to

You could also try to play with the Igain
Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of my flying with the CGY750 has been in flight mode 3 as that seemed a good place to start. I've read this thread with interest, noting what's been said, but given the poor documentation, I've reckoned that once you get your AFRs setup for good resolution it was probably best to start by trying the other flight modes.

I've therefore given flight mode four a try. My immediate impression was that my 500ESP became very lively; more precise but rather more twitchy. To be honest, although impressed by the evident control being offered I liked the feel of flight mode 3.

Then I checked the table in the manual and saw that the AIL/ELE expo is -40% in FM3, but -30% in FM4. So this lunchtime at the park I set both to -40% in FM4. Wow, what a difference. Now I have all the control, but extra crisp and precise. It gave me the confidence to try inverted for the first time on the 500 and it was just like the sim!

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Evans View Post
Most of my flying with the CGY750 has been in flight mode 3 as that seemed a good place to start. I've read this thread with interest, noting what's been said, but given the poor documentation, I've reckoned that once you get your AFRs setup for good resolution it was probably best to start by trying the other flight modes.

I've therefore given flight mode four a try. My immediate impression was that my 500ESP became very lively; more precise but rather more twitchy. To be honest, although impressed by the evident control being offered I liked the feel of flight mode 3.

Then I checked the table in the manual and saw that the AIL/ELE expo is -40% in FM3, but -30% in FM4. So this lunchtime at the park I set both to -40% in FM4. Wow, what a difference. Now I have all the control, but extra crisp and precise. It gave me the confidence to try inverted for the first time on the 500 and it was just like the sim!

Steve
This sounds interesting. I also fly my 500 in FM 3. But I have lowered my EXPO and lowered the ANG.Rate as well. That gave me a very comfortable feeling. Apart from the one or two problems I still encounter. FM 4 is to twichy for me. EXPO does not change that for me. Did you change the ANG.Rate as well?
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Evans View Post

Steve
That is exactly what i encourage many people to do. The other big setting you can look at is Control delay in and Out. It is similar to expo and can help smooth out any twitchy behavior sometimes. There is a difference between the values for FM3 and 4 and you might want to right in the middle.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

With my T-Rex 500 I fly in FM2 and lowered the ANG.Rate to 90%. I want more stability and precision, but I don't want have a twitchy heli.

Is it worth to switch over to FM3 or FM4 and lower the ANG.Rate and maybe some other settings?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbplomp View Post
With my T-Rex 500 I fly in FM2 and lowered the ANG.Rate to 90%. I want more stability and precision, but I don't want have a twitchy heli.

Is it worth to switch over to FM3 or FM4 and lower the ANG.Rate and maybe some other settings?
http://www.facebook.com/notes/futaba...50225340356618
Old 07-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I am going to try FM4 then. The only thing is, I don't like to tweak that much as described in the link. I also wonder the different effect between ANG.Rate (CGY750) and AFR/DR (Tx).
Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

See HERE for some relevent discussion of ANG.Base, ANG.Rate and AFRs.

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbplomp View Post

Many people have stated that the higher flight modes offer a more stable heli...the reason i see for this is because the higher the flight mode the higher the default value for AVCS.dmp. I suggest choosing a flight mode that feels closest to how you want your heli to feel. If you want quick cyclic then probably one of the higher flight modes but if you want something slower then go with lower ones. If you feel FM3 or 4 is twitchy then go start with 2 and make changes. Whatever flight mode you are in, i always suggest having optimal resolution so that you can increase your AVCS.dmp to 100% which increases the overall stability feeling of your heli without loss of feel.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi, just got my 750 3 days ago and i've been doing alot of reading trying to set this thing up. I got my swash going the right directions when i move the stick and I noticed that my PIT servo (channel 6) has less up throw than down throw. I would assume that i have to go to endpoint setting on the 750 and adjust from there, but i can't find it anywhere (basic or expert). Its a simple thing to do but can't find it for the life of me. I'm getting 7 degress right cyclic and 11 degrees left cyclic?

I even tried changing endpoint on my radio(T8FG) but all i got was more or less pitch. coming from the 7C radio, i would think it would adjust the servos individually but guess not, so i ditch that idea.
BladesOfFire is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesOfFire View Post
hi, just got my 750 3 days ago and i've been doing alot of reading trying to set this thing up. I got my swash going the right directions when i move the stick and I noticed that my PIT servo (channel 6) has less up throw than down throw. I would assume that i have to go to endpoint setting on the 750 and adjust from there, but i can't find it anywhere (basic or expert). Its a simple thing to do but can't find it for the life of me. I'm getting 7 degress right cyclic and 11 degrees left cyclic?

I even tried changing endpoint on my radio(T8FG) but all i got was more or less pitch. coming from the 7C radio, i would think it would adjust the servos individually but guess not, so i ditch that idea.
there isnt a menu on the CGY750 to adjust this . f you are getting more Right cyclic then left, you should be instead trying to adjust it via Ailerion endpoint (Ch1) for left and right. You should not adjust the pitch endpoint.

My only guess as to why it is so off is that you either acidently have subtrim programmed in your radio or it may be due to your neutral point set in the swash menu. Maybe you have it adjusted so high that it is hindering the movement. I would go take a look at your neutral values and see if you have any that are more than 90. If i find that i need more than 90 points of adjustment on any servo, i instead move the servo horn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in