Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Second NX4?

When I was building my NX4 I ran into a problem and couldn't get the replcement part soon enough so I bought another basic kit. I intended to keep the second kit for spare parts but I want to build the second kit with the experience that I gained from the first. The one that I completed has a CGY750 and I'd like to build the second with the Gaui Mini V-bar that I couldn't figure out before (vibration problems). I'd like to use the same general set up so that I can directly compare the CGY750 to the Mini V-bar in terms of flying feel. Has anybody else built a second NX4? And how was it the second time around? I'd like to fully understand and master an airframe (pluses/minuses attributes/quirks) before moving on to another but I'm having trouble justifying having two of the same heli. I thought that I'd have one for calm days with the Edge 423main blades and Kbdd tails, and one for windy days with Radix 430 main blades (how are they?) and Radix Cf tails. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
jclutch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Second NX4?

Not sure of the answer. But many guys have 2 Helis setup even the same or as a back up ship. I think it just depends on your budget. I also have another kit for parts but don't have plans to finish it. I can't find time to get sick of flying the first one and would rather spend the money on a different ship, airplane, tx etc.

But nothing wrong with having two. Justine sure you really love it as there aren't any other .37 Helis out yet.

tauseef
www.cuttingedgecnc.com
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hi

i have two both with vbar
Crash heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have two, one beastx and the other vbar blueline fullsize with pinion upgrade, REALLY LOVE the feel with vbar!
lorenb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two but have built only one, twice, soon to be three times. I broke the frames again yesterday.

Building the second time around is much quicker. Every time this thing has hit the ground unexpcetedly, I have broken the frames. This last time I was certain the pitch slider broke but instead it was a broken ball link to the tail.
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What part of the frame broke ? I see they sell a frame brace that goes around the tank
Blade3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Every time the frames have broken, it has been in the front. This last time I had the stiffeners installed around the tank as well as two bottom plates installed to hopefully keep the frames intact. But I hit pretty hard.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just finished rebuilding for the third time. Started with two new frames so just about everything was disassembled. Started this morning and finished this evening and still had time to get 5 flights with the 700. Will maiden in the morning.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've built 2... One was bone stock w/ CGY 750 and the other has the 19T upgarde kit as well as Radix main and tail blades, still with the CGY750. I swear the second build to half the time as the first (my first Gaui of any kind) and I didn't even really need the manual for the second one for the most part. Just kept the first one close by.
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You're really gonna like the Radix blades. I tried the 430mm flybarless ones with Radix tail blades and they're quiet and really smooth. I like them better than the edge blades for sport flying. The edge blades have more pop and seem to roll faster but they are not as smooth and predictable in fast forward flight. I have like 4 spare sets of the Edge main blades with KBDD tail blades that I will use on the X4 II when I get one with my left over Gaui Mini VBar running pro software for 3D stuff. I'll get more back-up Radix main and tail blades for flying big air loops and patterns with my NX4. My second NX4 kit will be used for spares between the NX4 and the X4 II as they are pretty much the same heli in electric and nitro. Problem solved as far as the extra kit and I can enjoy the best of both worlds, nitro and electric.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah, I switched from the Mini V-Bar (was getting severe drift because of vibration) to the CGY750 and love it on the nitro. Has a much more natural feel and is basically plug and play on version 1.31 software. I also love simplicity of the governor and the easily selectable flight modes. I had upgraded the Mini V-bar to the pro software f
Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

for the governor only to find out that it's an electric heli governor. The electronic simulator feel, e-governor, and sensitivity to vibration suit it better to an electric heli for my purposes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in