Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Update. My tdk lambda 1500w / 24v psu crapped out. The genny started to go into overload ( and was in econ mode I think) and damaged the lamda. Opened it up thinking it was just a fuse, but both fuses were ok. Normally not an issue with the $15 psus, but these go for $140 and up. I was puling 1300 w at the time according to my Killa watt meter.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that That's disappointing.

To help educate the other folks that are using it, were you using the capacitor pack? Any other weird stuff going on? Was the supply hot or anything? For curiosity, do you know what output voltage you had the Lambda set to?

I'm sorry. FWIW, I'd asked TDK Lambda about the warranty when I bought mine, they said the warranty is not transferrable. But you could ask if they could help you, I suppose.

Edit- The last time I looked, the Lambda supplies had jumped up in price. If I needed something powerful, but reasonably-priced, suitable for a Duo (eg- capable of 60-65A), I'd look closely at the DPS-1200FB server supplies. 12V, 75A, 900W each. ~$20 each on eBay.

Two in series should provide a lot of power, and you won't approach their 75A output limit, as even the 4010Duo can't draw over 65A. Helping to ensure you avoid a situation where just one overloads and shuts down, dramatically changed the charger's input voltage, which can cause problems. Smaller supplies with limits below what the charger can pull, like 50A, could more easily get into that bad scenario.
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that That's disappointing.

To help educate the other folks that are using it, were you using the capacitor pack? Any other weird stuff going on? Was the supply hot or anything? For curiosity, do you know what output voltage you had the Lambda set to?

I'm sorry. FWIW, I'd asked TDK Lambda about the warranty when I bought mine, they said the warranty is not transferrable. But you could ask if they could help you, I suppose.

Edit- The last time I looked, the Lambda supplies had jumped up in price. If I needed something powerful, but reasonably-priced, suitable for a Duo (eg- capable of 60-65A), I'd look closely at the DPS-1200FB server supplies. 12V, 75A, 900W each. ~$20 each on eBay.

Two in series should provide a lot of power, and you won't approach their 75A output limit, as even the 4010Duo can't draw over 65A. Helping to ensure you avoid a situation where just one overloads and shuts down, dramatically changed the charger's input voltage, which can cause problems. Smaller supplies with limits below what the charger can pull, like 50A, could more easily get into that bad scenario.
I didn't have the cap pack bank plugged in since it doesn't do anything. Maybe it would of helped during the power surges when the genny goes in and out of overload. This issue was squarely on the genny fluctuating up and down. I have my sound system on it and I can hear the music cutting in and out and that is my queue to do something. I am currently using 2 dells 47a which is all my gen can handle to keep me flying. I am losing 200w from the genny to charger, so 1100w output is the max I can handle. I had the lambda at 28v. I can't tell if the lambda was hot since it is built in to my case, but there is plenty of circulation.

I am going to check the gas filter.

I paid 125 shipped for my replacement on ebay. Offered $110 and he accepted my bid. So I paid less this time around.

The next one I will dial in 25v.

Diviner Gregg

Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 iChargers charging 6S packs at 30A each. Figured I needed to know what it took to get it to overload. Backed the chargers down to 25A each and was fine.

Champion 1700W. I think when I get my new trailer, Im gonna get another genny and the parallel cord for it. Have 4000W surge that way.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-fry View Post
2 iChargers charging 6S packs at 30A each. Figured I needed to know what it took to get it to overload. Backed the chargers down to 25A each and was fine.

Champion 1700W. I think when I get my new trailer, Im gonna get another genny and the parallel cord for it. Have 4000W surge that way.
That is better than my ryobi rated at 2200 surge. I have set my limit to 38a (19a a side). On a cold day when it is not in econ mode, I can safely go to 44a.

Any other ryobi users, can you post your max sustained amperage charging 6s on both sides?

Diviner Gregg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in