Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nitro X50 how are your FBL sensors mounted

I have a X50 with YS 60 and silver line vbar. I can't get my vibration down. I have tried all kinds of tape and vipe tie with fuel line on it. I can get my vibration down by putting a lot of tape. The problem with that is the sensor is not purfactly flat and then it will not roll good. Also the Heli looks perfectly smooth in the air.
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Nitro X50 how are your FBL sensors mounted

I have my Ar7200bx mounted on the tray right above the battery. One layer of 3m grey tape with no straps.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I put a main shaft with bearings in it still no good. The vibrations are coming from my engine. I think this is the normal amount of vibration from the YS 60. Im going to pull the engine and check fan runout. Other than that what can I do to lower engine vibration.

Last edited by joecass2; 06-18-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here you can see the mounting position of the silverline sensor.

Titan X50N FBL - YS60SR - VBar Silverline = NO PROBLEM

Raptor Titan X50N Testflug bei +36' (7 min 51 sec)
Sky_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks sky I had mine there but was getting exstrem vibration levels. I can't tell in the picture what it is mounted on?

Can you tell me what vibration levels are in your log?

When I do stationery flips or rolls I get some unwanted servo movement if I put 10 layers of tape vibration levels go down and it stops but then the sensor dose not sit flat.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The vibration level is mostly >Raised Vibration Level<.
Sometimes >High Vibration Level< and >Extreme Vibration Level<.

I use the normal VBar tape for the sensor.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

I had my sensor there with 3M tape and metal plate 8 layers of tape to get it to raise the vibration level. So I Gus's I have something going on. What headI put a main shaft with bearings in it still no good. The vibrations are coming from my engine. I think this is the normal amount of vibration from the YS 60. Im going to pull the engine and check fan runout. Other than that what can I do to lower engine vibration. speed are you running. Thanks for the help so far and nice flying
Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Up on the top most flat plate. Two layers 3M tape and no issues.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks guys I think I might have found my problem. I got a lot of runout on my fan .007. also I have .002 on the threaded part of the crank. if I put it on the smooth part of the crank I have 0 runout. I guess im going to order a new crank and fan.

sky did you have to open the hole for the crank to get your fan on. I had to thread on my fan. is that normal? I thinking my be I should open up the hole in the fan a little with a drill so I can just push the fan on the crank instead of threading it on.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Joecass2 i have no changing on the fan. All parts out of the box.
Yes, the thread on the fan is normal.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Joe - I always get some raised vibration levels, but it never interferes with my flying. I think the fan is a good culprit, though. I don't know this to be fact, but I always suspect I get the vibrations simply from high loads in flight. It flies great, so I stopped worrying about the vibrations.

I've always thought the threaded hub is a poor design. It works, but not as well as others which clamp to the journal area between the crank threads and front bearing on the engine. I also suspect thread lock can be an assignable cause for runout too.

I will check mine for runout and report back just for reference. Hahah! I remove my motor after most every outing...as I am pushing my RL53 to the limit.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys I know that some vibration logs are ok but I was getting extreme vibrations that was making my servos move a little bit when doing flips and rolls. This was making it hard to keep them in one spot. I was fighting the Heli to keep them in one spot.

Thanks for all the help guys. I hope this fixes it
Old 06-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a comment, Joe...One thing you might want to do with that fan installation is to clean the crank threads with alcohol or acetone and use your Dremel to clean them thoroughly. Then, when the new fan arrives, after cleaning with alcohol, use a wicking type compound on the crank nut and hub threads instead of blue or red threadlock. I've been using Vibratite 150 and it's much thinner and very secure. It's medium strength so it's removable, but shouldn't contribute to any runout in the assembly. It should also hold up to cranking the engine. Twice my hub backed off when cranking the YS! It's a pain to correct it since the engine has to come out, and the aluminum frame braces which attach to the lower bearing block will be bent if it happens.

Here's a link to the Vibratite. I've found it to be far superior to using regular blue for all static connections. If there's a small bearing adjacent, I won't use it so it can't wick into the bearing (for example, swash lever bolts...) LINK
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a mystery to me why Thunder Tiger cut the frames with a slant at the back on the nitro. On the electric version the frame is straight and you get a gyro tray to go at the back.

I have a v-bar silver line with the sensor mounted like most on the small top tray at the front.

I have not looked at the log but with the model in a sustained hover the model sits still so I will take that as an indication that vibration is not so high to upset the sensor.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new plastic fan was .005 so I ordered a metal one it has hardly any runout. I should get to fly it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice Rob43
Old 06-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got to fly it today and it got better but im still getting servo movement only when doing rolls. you can see the cyclic move on it's own.

im at high vibration level when hovering. anything else I can do?

thanks for all the input guys
Old 06-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe try mounting the sensor on PU gel? I've read accounts where this is a good way to get at those pesky vibrations. LINK
Old 06-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

is that the same as the align gel? I tried the align gel it make it worst.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...FQIT7AodpjYALg
Old 07-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, that is the stuff. Sorry it didn't happen for you. It is quite necessary for the gel to be as compressed when in flight. So, many run the Milton Mod, where a zip tie, with a piece of fuel tube is strapped over the sensor so it's very tight. The fuel tube and PU gel both attenuate vibes from reaching the sensor. I am honestly simply running Scotch 4010 under my X50 sensor. It's very good stuff. Clear, soft, and very sticky. Yet, it rolls off easily when removing.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I mounted the sensor on my X50 on the upper little shelf using an automotive type tape. It is thin and it holds the sensor like it is glued on. It cannot move.

I just checked the event log and it appears that in flight the model is flying with raised vibration level only.

There is a max vibration figure shown on the opening screen of the software and that shows 313.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in