Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like, while many of you are thinking of/building a 500 after/skipping the 450, I'm the only one progressing to a 250 CP. Or most of you have already done that?

It's much cheaper though, for sure!

Maybe I should start a new thread called 'Bee guys gone 450 gone 250'
robbancs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
You have no idea, it gets worse each time I fly her.

Have you started setting up pitch curves and throttle curves on your Tx?
Yes I have set it up the way Finless Bob said to. I'm keeping in mind what you said about zero pitch for the first high speed run with the blades on, and also keeping a list JMD gave me as a guide to refer to for the first flight.

I'm still trying to understand all that stuff, it's easy to follow someone else but I want to fully understand each function.

I still need to get the head set up correctly. I only have 2 days off every other week and only 1 in between so I don't have a lot of time.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbancs View Post
It looks like, while many of you are thinking of/building a 500 after/skipping the 450, I'm the only one progressing to a 250 CP. Or most of you have already done that?

It's much cheaper though, for sure!

Maybe I should start a new thread called 'Bee guys gone 450 gone 250'
I built a 250 after my 450pro, it ended badly. Wind + 250 =
I could rebuild her quite cheaply but so far I haven't had the heart to. Poor little bird she was so cute and small yet so vicious and energetic if you weren't careful. RIP
Old 12-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I built a 250 after my 450pro, it ended badly. Wind + 250 =
I could rebuild her quite cheaply but so far I haven't had the heart to. Poor little bird she was so cute and small yet so vicious and energetic if you weren't careful. RIP
I have 2 Blade CPs sitting on my
shelves. I live in FL and wind here is a killer. With the 500 I don't have to worry about it as much.
RCHN #15

PauloG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I have 2 Blade CPs sitting on my
shelves. I live in FL and wind here is a killer. With the 500 I don't have to worry about it as much.
Hehe, I live on the coast too. Windless days are rare, also loving my 500 for the same reason.
I'll prob rebuild the 250 once my collective management gets better. As it was at the time of the crash any gust would result in the poor thing po-going up and down from me over/under compensating the collective. She ended up 50ft+ up after a couple of big gusts and I couldn't bring her down in a controlled way even in id2
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So after getting approval from the leader of the opposition (wife). I have just done the unthinkable...
I hit the buy button on the 500EFL kit along with a whole boot load of spares and extras.
I never thought I would be the sort of person who could justify spending $1000 in one hit on any hobby at all, I was wrong.
Anyone reading this who thinks it wont eventually happen to them, I give this advice.
Get out while you still can
Who am i kidding The fact that you are in a 500 build thread reading this means it's already too late for you
Old 12-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So after getting approval from the leader of the opposition (wife). I have just done the unthinkable...
I hit the buy button on the 500EFL kit along with a whole boot load of spares and extras.
I never thought I would be the sort of person who could justify spending $1000 in one hit on any hobby at all, I was wrong.
Anyone reading this who thinks it wont eventually happen to them, I give this advice.
Who am i kidding The fact that you are in a 500 build thread reading this means it's already too late for you
Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Congratulations Steemo!
I'm really happy for you! Hey, you only live once right? Have fun while you can. It's only money!

To your wife for being so understanding!

On another note; what servos did you get for your 500CMT? I'm considering what to get for my TrexGF.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...969&aff=517643
Blue arrows, they have been doing me well. Very strong and fast. Little pricey but if the mg930s are still on back order there aren't many other good options. the hks 9257 looks great on paper but nearly every review I could find states they are rubbish.

Yes my wife is awesome

Last edited by Steemo; 12-10-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Steemo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steemo, I just found your post on what you ordered back on page 11. The 930's are in stock at HK, and they also have the blue arrows. Would either of these be okay for the tail also?
Old 12-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
Steemo, I just found your post on what you ordered back on page 11. The 930's are in stock at HK, and they also have the blue arrows. Would either of these be okay for the tail also?
930 should be fine for the tail..i';m hearing reports that anyone wanting ot do any real aerobatics..inverted flight and so on that the 930's are not up to it..just not enough torque...if i ever get to the point of trying anything beyond normal flight i'm going to upgrade mine...
Old 12-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 on what jmd said however if you are going to spend $14-20 on so tail servo, I can not speak highly enough of the Power HD 3688HB they are apparently a high quality clone of the futaba 9257. I run them on both my 450 tails and they perform perfectly. So if you are going to use the 401 clone gyro again try the clone of the servo that was made to work with it.

Not to mention metal gear servos are by no means essential on the tail like they are on cyclic, go for the highest speed and the best accuracy in a plastic digital servo (2-3 kg torque) and you will be able to run higher gain ok your gyro without tail wag compared to a slower higher torque MG servo like the 930. And DMG servos make a hell of a racket when attached to a gyro.

Why not just use the orange HK servo again. I'm getting a great tail hold out of it for such a lite price.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was planning on using the Detrum GY48V gyro I got on sale. But if I place an HK order I may throw in another 401.

I know the orange servo is good since you guys are using it with good results, but I stripped the gears out on mine real easily so I want metal gears.

Besides, orange doesn't match my color scheme!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If that's the case then the blue arrow would be best. It's much faster than the 930.
Generally when it comes to the tail servo faster = better. The blue arrows also run at 1520/333 which is the most precise frame rate that our hobby servos can run
Old 12-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, so I'll get 3 930's and a Blue arrow, use my Detrum gyro and either my AR6100e receiver or an orange HK receiver.

BTW; I'm not getting the soft start I want with this Turnigy ESC. Is that anything you can make better by adjusting the throttle curve?

No matter how easy I advance the throttle it jitters and jerks it into a fast spin....hard on the gears.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice Steemo!!!!

Wow... I want one of those too

Congrats!!!
RCHN #15

PauloG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Okay, so I'll get 3 930's and a Blue arrow, use my Detrum gyro and either my AR6100e receiver or an orange HK receiver.
Sounds like a good setup, are you going to use the same power train?
Quote:
BTW; I'm not getting the soft start I want with this Turnigy ESC. Is that anything you can make better by adjusting the throttle curve?

No matter how easy I advance the throttle it jitters and jerks it into a fast spin....hard on the gears.
I left my ESC on default settings and it spins up fine with the following:
Norm
T/C: 0,65,75,75,75
P/C: 50,50,66.5,83,100
Id1
T/C: 75,65,80,80,80
P/C: 45,50,66.5,83,100
Id2
T/C: 85,80,75,80,85
P/C: 0,25,50,75,100

I just start in Norm and slowly bring the left stick slowly up to 25% then flick the tx into id1. The spin up from 0 - 65% goes smoothly for me.
I don't trend to fly in id2 yet but I like to have it there just incase.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Nice Steemo!!!!

Wow... I want one of those too

Congrats!!!
Thanks Gladiator,

You should do it
Old 12-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sounds like a good setup, are you going to use the same power train?

I left my ESC on default settings and it spins up fine with the following:
Norm
T/C: 0,65,75,75,75
P/C: 50,50,66.5,83,100
Id1
T/C: 75,65,80,80,80
P/C: 45,50,66.5,83,100
Id2
T/C: 85,80,75,80,85
P/C: 0,25,50,75,100

I just start in Norm and slowly bring the left stick slowly up to 25% then flick the tx into id1. The spin up from 0 - 65% goes smoothly for me.
I don't trend to fly in id2 yet but I like to have it there just incase.
My trex comes with an Align ESC and motor....so that's what I'm using.

I'm getting ready to go to work so I'll check my tx settings when I get home in the morning.
I don't understand what you're saying about start in norm then flick to id1. I'll have to see what that is. Still foggy on all the tx settings and switches.

I ordered those servos and an assortment of heat shrink and mesh. HK is out of the 401 gyros.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Most Tx's (yours included) can have 4 different sets of pitch and throttle curves operated by 2 switches.
Your flight mode switch has 3 positions, Normal, Idle 1 and Idle 2.
You Throttle hold switch over rides the flight modes and is usually set to 0 throttle with it's own pitch curve.

Rather than use a soft start in idle I use Normal mode to spin up from 0-65% Thr and 0 pitch using bottom 25% stick movement. I then use the flight mode switch to switch to Idle 1 where the Thr is never below 65% even at bottom stick so I can have a little negative pitch to help bring the heli down in windy conditions while still maintaining head speed. Idle 2 is even more extreme and usually uses higher Thr and more negative pitch for 3d flight, as I said I rarely use this mode.
Thr hold is useful for crashes, auto-rotation and for safety when powering up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in