Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rotorworkz frames and Parts

Hey guys to give you a heads Up The Rotorworkz Team is working hard and fast to get you a nice Conversion frame kit. :eek: So.... I wanted to get some feed back from you. I am at the point of deciding to anodize or not to anodize the aluminum frame parts so here is some choices I can offer
Black
Clear
and try to match Guai

Also do you have anything else in frame design that you would like me to look into

Thanks Guys won't be long I will have pictures to post

Best

Charley
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! Guess we gonna have good choices when it comes to the carbon fiber frames. These are the things I'll definitely be looking for when I'm ready to purchase the carbon fiber frames.

1.)bearing blocks. doesn't matter if its plastic or metal
2.)space to put my logictech gyro without having to mod it. I have a feeling some will go for 611
3.)perfect servo wheels for my servos
4.)breakaway skidds and battery mounts
5.)able to support one 6s 3200 at minimum
6.)ease of install and motor install
7.)price and parts availability

anodizing is cool buts its just bling so I think we all really care about stiffness and the ability to support big powerful motors with reliability!
tdsounds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
cd5
Registered Users

I think it would be good if you tried to match the GAUI color, just to keep the heli looking like its not made up of bits and peices from here ,thereand everywhere.
AS Far as frame design goes, I think having it easy and quick to pull it all apart is important and also have access holes on the opposite side of the servo mounting holes to make it easy to get a nut on the bolt that holds the servos on the chassis. (yes i do have thick thumbs).
I am guessing the frame will be a 2 peice per side set up so its not to narrow, and if it is, it would be good to have access holes to the inside frame where the bolts are ,so we can easily check all frame bolts are tight, simply by sliding our hex drives through to the inside frame bolts.
And also could th bolts be the same size as whats on the heli at the moment as the larger bolts dont strip their heads as easily as the smaller ones do ,like whats on the trx 450s.
An other thing which would be cool if the amount of bolts required to spli the frame could be minimised for fast gear and bearing etc changes. Why i say this is because i have also raced rc cars and have noticed that the cars are being user freindly and quicker to strip ,change parts and rebuild. And for me ,time is important to me, as i have to young children .,work commitents etc and so on. And as parts are very affordable for this heli I carry most spares. And if when i do get a couple of hours to go flying, there is nothing more dissapointing then crashing first up and knowing a repair is not something you would rush at the feild as it is to complicated or time consuming, and so go home and thats it . It would be sweet if when that happens you could get airborne quickyl and still get a few precious flights in. I think many other people would also be in this situation also.

Although the above would be great, you wouldnt want to trade off performance or stiffness to achieve this.

Also how good is all the after market support that is starting to become available for this heli.After seeing what upgrades and improvements that are being released , i am very happy i bought this heli.

Regards
Simon
cd5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 05:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My vote goes to Gaui grey or black. Anodizing is good as it gives a very hard surface, not just the bling factor. And fiberglass, not carbon fiber, for me!
ianjh123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your input guys I will be addressing all issues with the stock frame plus adding some nice features with this heli
Price even with adding anodize will be Very Affordable

Charley
Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's not too late, and if you are still going to use 2 stage reduction, put bigger baerings on the one way shaft. The Gaui ones are too fragile after they upgraded from the 6mm shaft to the 8mm shaft. They should release a new frame with bigger bearings here also.
ianjh123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

if the carbon fiber frame for the Hurricane 550 is available please email me as quik as possible.

FredrickGarcia@hotmail.com
Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys I am awaiting on aluminum parts from machine shop so I can complete the prototype frame if All checks out good. Then kits will go right into production.
Please be patient as it WILL BE WORTH IT!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea Charlie cant wait man!
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

anything you can show us for a sneak peak charlie? my H550 CF/G10 frame money is burning a hole in my pocket lol

phil
Happy|Harry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

YEAH!!! I hear yah Happy/ harry give us a PEAK AT THE GOODS MAN
Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yes, this is very interesting. A nice direct ccpm input would be great. And, hope you will make a G10 version!
Tom Viper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

* G10
* Break-away skids and canopy mounts
* Easily fit alternative battery configurations (eg 7s to 10s A123)
* Choice of servo sizes (adapter plates maybe?)
* Includes optional boom mount for tail servo
Previous rides: HX242, W5-4, TRex450(HDE), TRex450(SE), QJ-EP8v2, BCX2 ,Logo10, Hurricane550
SIM: Phoenix (previously also Reflex/XTR, ClearView, RF, FMS)
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys here is a little bit of info my apologies as I cannot say to much "yet" to many cooks at the grill
I will share this, kits will be offered in G10, CF, and Silver you will be able to mount nearly any battery you want don't know about 10s a123 :eek:
Servo mounting choice will be available (separately)

Please be patient as this model is still in prototype and I will ensure you this kit with be nothing less than top notch when it is ready to release. And Good price to boot!

Charley
Old 09-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlercon View Post
Hey guys here is a little bit of info my apologies as I cannot say to much "yet" to many cooks at the grill
I will share this, kits will be offered in G10, CF, and Silver you will be able to mount nearly any battery you want don't know about 10s a123 :eek:

Please be patient as this model is still in prototype and I will ensure you this kit with be nothing less than top notch when it is ready to release. And Good price to boot!

Charley
it's perfectly understandable you want to keep it under wraps charley, there's too many people out there that are willing to rip off other peoples work and profit from it

for the 10S A123 if a 10S brick which is 135x70x50mm wont fit on it's own do you think that mounting two seperate 5S A123 which are 135x70x25mm each will be possible? as i'm going to be setting my hurricane up for 9S li-po/10S A123 and the 2 x 5S A123 would be my prefered option , so hopefully they'll fit

phil
Happy|Harry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just for the record... the Gaui CF frame seems to be a very nice fit for 2 x 5S 2300MaH 20-30C Hextronic packs. One on the slanted battery deck and one down below between the frame plates. Plenty of scope to slide the bottom unit back to adjust CofG. I threw the tail on my unit today and put the packs and motor in place (no servos, gyro or canopy) and I could get a perfect CofG when lifting by the flybar....
ukgroucho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlercon View Post

Charley
Cool
Previous rides: HX242, W5-4, TRex450(HDE), TRex450(SE), QJ-EP8v2, BCX2 ,Logo10, Hurricane550
SIM: Phoenix (previously also Reflex/XTR, ClearView, RF, FMS)
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am waiting for my various sized Flight power packs to arrive to be 100% sure but I estimate I will be able to fit "comfortably" Flight power Evo 30 6s1p 4500

Charley
Old 09-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Charley... don't forget that some of us want to use two smaller (2000 - 2300) 4S or 5S packs to build HV rigs.

I've not finished my 10S CF Gaui build yet (should maiden this weekend) but you probably know I'm a big fan of your 450 Trex frames so I'm very interested to see where you take this - and I'm a big fan of higher votage setups 'cos it gives great power and cooler running everything.
ukgroucho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jon,

You should be fine with your setup I specified the above size pack to give you an Idea on the amount of free space with the canopy on you will have.

Charley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
Hey Charley... don't forget that some of us want to use two smaller (2000 - 2300) 4S or 5S packs to build HV rigs.

I've not finished my 10S CF Gaui build yet (should maiden this weekend) but you probably know I'm a big fan of your 450 Trex frames so I'm very interested to see where you take this - and I'm a big fan of higher votage setups 'cos it gives great power and cooler running everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in