Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First FPV build. Comments and suggestions welcome

I recently purchased a DJI F450 and love it a lot (almost more than my helis). I then started to think about FPV with it, so......I purchased a Fatshark Predator V2 system from another member and installed it.

This is my first setup so I have no idea really what I am doing. Here is what I thought would work. If something needs to be changed please let me know so I can make the adjustments. I would hate to have a fly away as a result. I can add other pictures if needed.

Equipment:
DJI Naza V1 upgraded to V2 with GPS
DJI 920Kv motors
DJI 30a ESC's
Stock props
FPV Tuned 600TVL CMOS
250mW 5.8 GHz A/V Tx
Filtered Balance Lead TX Supply
Upgraded clover leafs
Preditor V2 goggles
Pulse 2250mAh 45c

Questions I have:

1)Having my Tx beneath my AR8000 will this be an issue?

2) Which cloverleaf do I use on the quad and which one on the headset? One has three leafs and the other four.

3) I also have the GoPro adapter. Do people recommend flying with 2 cameras instead of just the GoPro?

Thanks

Travis

2004sccobra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Great Stuff...

From what i have read on this (one hell of a forum) i hear that a bigger MW VTX like a 600mw is going to give you better video, and i also have heard that the clover leaf are ok... but... i guess if you crash and bend one of the leaf things that stuff can mess up so they all or most say use the Dipole polarized from fatshark they are a little more spendy but well worth it cause they have cover's on them and get better coverage. and as far as RX antenna and TX antenna well i can't seem to recall but the other one's will say on them RX and TX .

But you have some nice gear Just make sure you do all your bench test... WITH PROPS OFF
and do a range check, and most of all Do lots of reading on this forum cause these guys KNOW... THERE STUFF.

And Welcome To Mutirotor

And as always...FLY...SAFE...and...GOD...BLESS
holytrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Almost forgot...

On the whole camara thing i hear that FPV with the GoPro is not that good cause of the lens.
so A-Lot of people run the 600tvl cmos with i think the 2.1mm wide angle lens
and then run the GoPro or the Mobus to record video. Happy flying to you Bro you will now have the BUG...LOL

On a side note i too have been mostly into Heli's and only had a little HubsaN X4 and like a Trex 450,2..500's and a 550...BUT now I have one 500 a 550....and 4 quad's Like i say (IT"S A BUG)

BUT IT'S SOOOO MUCH FUN...BE SAFE GOD BLESS
Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My bad...

i looked the antenna's up and they are called the spironet polorized my bad
Old 10-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea I'm having a blast with these multirotors. Today looks like it should be nice here in WA so I may give it a go. Thanks for the suggestions I'll have to look into those antennas

I have a protos 500, trex 500, trex 550 and a mini protos. Looking to sell the mini p but keep the rest. So far I only have the F450 and one F550
Old 10-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3 blade on vtx and 4 blade on goggles/rx.GoPro camera has lag so for fpv you use GoPro to record your flight but use a good camera such as this one to feed your vtx: http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?rout...&product_id=86

Your clover leaf antenna on the vtx should be vertical. The dead spots on this type of antenna are off the top and bottom so in your pics, you would get the weakest video if the quad is facing your or facing away from you. Just bend the cable down.

I use the naze32 and am not as familiar with the naza controller. My understanding of naza flyaways sounds like it is due to the magnetometer getting confused so make sure there is no wires or emf generation near the magnetometer. I can't find the link but I had read a good article regarding flyaways and it was not specific to the naza.

I don't use position hold and only use the magnetometer for the OSD. BTW: best OSD I've found is: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/minimosd.html
u8mydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gopro is fine to use as fpv cam. I do. Never had a single issue, 1yr plus. Lag isnt noticable to me, period.

Point your vtx antenna either up or down not horizontal, itll work but you may see better performance vertical.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea I tried to bend them up but they don't stay put so I need to pick up some 90* connectors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in