Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
ChristopherDan Clone Account

it kinda makes sense...all my pitch curves a linear...and my normal flight mode is linear...so idle 2 should be sy 85 and idle 3 should be 15% or so right or am i gonna tank my heli...
VbarTDR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, that should work as long as 15% causes the main blades to spin and does not induce a soft start if you abort. Since every setup is obviously different, you should test it to be sure for your particular setup. Just spool it up on the ground and try it out.

Also, not sure if/why you need that linear TC, but since you are effectively sacrificing one of your flight modes for this autorecovery shortcut, you could reclaim one by bagging that linear curve. Are you running GM? Not a big deal, just something to consider...
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
ChristopherDan Clone Account

well im running govenor mode off the kontronik mode 4..what would be a better...also i seen som videoas on smack talk were they do something with there pitch curves and essentiall have more float time near the end..does anyone know about that
VbarTDR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since you're running GM, and assuming your TX has 3 flight modes, and assuming you want to try the autorecovery bailout shortcut, my advice would be to use two of your flight modes for regular flight (e.g., IU1 and IU2) and the other flight mode (e.g., Normal) for autorecovery bailout. On IU1 and IU2, I would run flat TC's to achieve whatever governed headspeeds you would like to achieve for regular flight.

Not sure about the PC float time thing you mentioned.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbarTDR View Post
well im running govenor mode off the kontronik mode 4..what would be a better...also i seen som videoas on smack talk were they do something with there pitch curves and essentiall have more float time near the end..does anyone know about that
Some guys pre-set negative pitch on the flight mode they use for autos. This helps with having to feel or guess the amount of negative pitch you're using. Problem is you will have to remember to switch to this flight mode when having to do a forced one.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmclaurin View Post
Also, not sure if/why you need that linear TC, but since you are effectively sacrificing one of your flight modes for this autorecovery shortcut, you could reclaim one by bagging that linear curve. Are you running GM? Not a big deal, just something to consider...
If you use the MIX method that I posted, you're not losing a flight mode. You're gaining an "Auto" mode.

John

Compass Knight 600E, Blade 450, Blade 400, Blade SR, Blade mCPx, Blade 120, Blade mSR, Blade mCX, Blade CX2
johnopsec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice...I should have read your post more closely the first time, as I initially thought you said it didn't work. Looks like you found a workaound to program a mix for the gear switch on the DX8 in Heli mode. Now to find a similar method for my 8FG...
Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have 4 idle up switches you could use the one in the back left hand corner.
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was messing around with my 8FG last night and realized that you can set a delay for throttle hold, so instead of flipping out of hold and having instant full-throttle, you can program the throttle to slowly (or quickly) ramp up, to keep from stripping gears or folding blades. Thinking of giving this a try, will report back if I do and whether or not it works well.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I wonder if the DX8 has that.

It still wouldn't help with soft start enabled... maybe in airplane mode.. but you sure need to be careful
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not that I'm aware of...

John

Compass Knight 600E, Blade 450, Blade 400, Blade SR, Blade mCPx, Blade 120, Blade mSR, Blade mCX, Blade CX2
Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

John,
Thanks for detailing how you set up auto-bailout mode with the DX8. I used your setup exactly and it works great. For the Offset -20% is what equates to a 40% throttle and is what I used.

Thanks again,
Jay
jmackey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 04:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackey View Post
John,
Thanks for detailing how you set up auto-bailout mode with the DX8. I used your setup exactly and it works great. For the Offset -20% is what equates to a 40% throttle and is what I used.

Thanks again,
Jay
Glad it is working for you Jay. Weather here hasn't been cooperating. It's either been raining, windy or I've been working / asleep when things were conducive to flying.

It would be very cool to if you could do a video showing going from ID1 to "autorotation" and then back to ID1 using this method. I don't have video equipment personally.

I figure just spool up in normal mode (0-deg pitch), switch to ID1 (again, 0-deg pitch) and engage your "auto" mix. Show it slow down and then disengage the "auto" mix and show it spool back to your normal ID1 speed.

John

Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I set the back left switch on my TX to a "pseduo-throttle hold" that keeps the blades spinning (enough not to trigger the soft start), but still allows auto practice. It works great

...except one time I took the helicopter back out to the pad with a new set of batteries installed. When I went to spool up, the helicopter would barely lift off the ground. It took a few minutes of head scratching to realize I had left the pseudo-throttle hold switch on.
Kontronik Drives
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Spektrum DX8 Psuedo Auto Bailout

Cracked it on my Spektrum, moved all my normal throttle holds to the Rudder DR switch, prefer it there rather than gropping behind, easier to get at.

Once you do that you can program the original Hold switch at the rear for Throttle Cut.
Now I can set a low RPM with the throttle hold curve.

I can set the throttle cut to 0% to work as a secondary TH, works perfectly.

No loss of Flight Mode, just a secondary TH made available
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can someone make a movie of these auto's?
bwijk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well for 4 measly dollars, this is great: http://www2.smacktalkrc.com/index.ph...egory=Featured
Wont go far wrong with that, very good.
Alun
Old 06-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Cracked it!

Great day today, forgot about all the nonsense ref auto bailout, been watching the Smacktalk video, worth the few $ BTW. Been practising the approach as advised in the video. Practised 2 more this am, took the Logo 500SE upto about 150 feet, TH, motor off completely, kept to the approach and started varying the approach angle by varying negative pitch a little, perfect!
Just couldn't stop doing autos all morning, the sweet spot can be heared ref correct negative pitch.
Tips; Get a little forward speed up first before hitting TH, keep the heli upright, a few nose dip downs are OK but keep them to a minimum. Flare at the end and there is more time than you think to land her gently with a tail kick to get her tail in, land perfectly level.
As I thought, once you do a few wonder what all the fuss and trepidation is about, mind you didnt try on the TDR today, but I know it will be awsome!
I had a linear pitch curve for TH, didnt bother with the limited negative, Credit to Bert Kammerer and Bobby Watts, cheers guys.
Alun
Old 06-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself... I downloaded that episode too. Still have to watch it though.

I actually did half an auto on the TDR when I had the SK-720 reset... The motor was off for some one-eighth of a second I think, enough for the helijive to restart with a soft 16 second spool-up.

As things happened though there was enough power in the blades for a slow descent and a transition back to a hover...
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, get watching, never look back, more Auto's today, different wind direction so opposite approach, no problems but not enough balls to auto the TDR.
Tried the Trex 550, autos like a fridge falling out of a plane! 520 blades on it, no damage but bounced off the skids a little, no hang time to lower it gently, probably have to get the blades screaming with a flare from fast forward!
Logo perfect machine with 600 blades, this is a must a think, 1k to 3k machine at risk, imperative to have a chance of saving it.
Alun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in