Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #81 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by simusphere View Post
I watched the multigov videos and Bob states that during the governor test its supposed to turn on at around 20% throttle in normal mode. I have a linear throttle curve and no matter what I do it still won't turn on until the stick is ABOVE 50% throttle. What affects the turn on point of the governor that can adjust this back down where it is supposed to be?
This may be a silly question, but did you set the high and idle throttle points correctly?

Check the LowThrotPcent value in the configuration. The default is 30% but may have gotten changed.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did it just like in the video for the hi and low throttle points. The throttle goes to high and low properly during the test but on the next screen when testing the governor is where the problem is. It won't turn on until my collective stick is at 55%! I did check the vaules are default for the setting you mention. I guess I could reset everything back to factory defaults and try again. If it still doesn't work after that, I have no idea what's going on.
simusphere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #83 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

What are your throttle channel end points? If you messed with them and got them far away from 100% it might mess with how MG sees 30%

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My throttle endpoints are at 100:100. I just reset the multigov back to factory defaults and set it up again per the video's and I still get the exact same result. You should know I am using an Airtronics Stylus radio but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Wait!!! I just checked my throttle curves again and some how my curve for the mid point was down to 26%. Sorry about the confusion, my mistake. The multigov is working just fine now.
simusphere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default problem with mgp

I am having some problems with the headspeed dropping around mid stick. I got home after flying and did a bench test on the mgp. When I go into idle 1 or 2 and move the collective up and down the the throttle servo is raising and lowering the throttle like it is flying the throttle curve and not the target headspeed. Will someone please do this bench test and see what they they get. It looks like to me the throttle servo would stay at full throttle because the gov would be trying to acheive the target headspeed no matter where the collective would be.
I am running a futaba 7c 2.4 could some please post some of there settings in the gove menu. My mix is on in the gov menu and I have verified that the gov is kicking on above 20% throttle.
kickybanks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #86 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

YOU CANNOT test throttle response on the bench PERIOD! What you are seeing on the bench is your V throttle curve!

Lets clear up some things. The MPG will NOT turn on and take over throttle control until:
1) The throttle stick is above 20-30%
2) The gov is reading an RPM close to a percent SET RPM
3) The gov is reading a RPM signal from the RX (optional if your using that).

If when using the gov your RPM is dropping too low coming out of 0 pitch maneuvers, raise your bottom end V curve OR use the programmer to change that low setting.

Bob
Old 04-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If the gov is working in flight how does raising the v curve help the low headspeed around midstick. The gov would be keeping the target headspeed so how do i raise the headspeed around midstick. I'm in idle up, running 2050 rpm and it only happens at mid stick. I get a front to back bobble when hovering after a quick negative to positive pitch change. the bobble stays there until I pitch pump it again, it's relly weird. I had the gv-1 before this and when You put it in idle up on the bench it would stay full throttle like it was trying to get to the target head speed no matter where the collect was. The throttle would not change through the whole motion from neg to pos pitch.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

will someone with the 7c 2.4 please post there settings for the gov and do this bench test and see if they get the same results. turn on electronics and switch to idle up and go from neg pitch to pos pitch and see if the throttle servo moves like the v curve is being used .
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #89 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Huh?
Kicky.... READ the GV-1 manual. It also says the gov will not take over until it reads a RPM from the magnet. So whatever you THINK you saw on the bench was just your curves!
NO gov I have ever used (Revmax, MPG, Curtis ATG, TJ Pro, GV-1, etc) will show you ANYTHING on the bench........ Trust me on this.....

Now can I ask... Are you trying to use a GV1 sensor on the MPG? If so... WONT WORK PERIOD!.... The GV1 sensor is very different than any other gov sensor AND is not compatible!

Bob
Old 04-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Im using a backplate sensor

Is there anything I can do to stop losing the head speed around mid stick. I'm in idleup and arounjd midstick I get a horrible front to back bobble, any suggestions ?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #91 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Increase your middle point on the V curve....

Bob
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are running gov mode with the MultiGov, the V curve should be set to 100 - 80 - 100.

The MultiGov reads the throttle signal change to lead the need for an actual throttle change. So if is sees the throttle signal go from 85 to 90, it knows that the pitch increased, so it can start to open the throttle BEFORE the RPM decays.

And waht Bob was saying, I think, is if your headspeed bogs too much the gov will see too big of a difference between the actual headspeed and desired headspeed, and will take itself out of the loop. But with a higher mid point, the throttle curve will open the throttle, get the headspeed up to where the Gov takes over again.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #93 (permalink)

Bob,
I set my throttle curves on my Futaba 10C to all 100% and 80% in the middle, is that ok? Or do i need to drop it little by little from each point?
Thanks.
Shockwave 3K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

As long as the points in between are disabled or inhibitied, you are fine.

On my X9303 (7 point curves) I run 100 - Inh - Inh - 80 - Inh - Inh - 100. Or more easily 100- 80- 100.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #95 (permalink)

I can't inhibit curves on my radio.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #96 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

What radio?

Bob
Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #97 (permalink)

10C
Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #98 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes you can turn off points in your curve! See my 10C videos. I show how.

Bob
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #99 (permalink)

Ok great thanks.

Note in general: LISTEN TO FINLESS!! I messed with the gain settings and ended up having to go through the trouble of changing the settings back.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #100 (permalink)

Bob i have a spare MGP sitting on the bench and have the AR7100R in my T-rex 700.
What would you do? Use the MGP and dissable the revlimit mode on the reciver? or keep it the way it is? Im running the Y.S.

I have a MGP in my T-Rex 600NSP and it is awsome!

Cheers Bob!

Last edited by Phillip A. Al-Redha; 04-27-2009 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: typo...
Phillip A. Al-Redha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in