Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2004, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Shogun Setup help?

Just ordered a new Shogun with the Himax 2025-4200 and CC25. I'm just looking for a little help in setting up this bird. Im not new to heli's but I am to the electric side of it. I have a Shuttle and Hawk Sport. From what I'm reading this Heli could take a little to set up. I also have a 8T and 9T pinon coming as well. I will be using 3 HS-56HB and one HS-50, Electron 6 Rec. and a CSM LW200HH and last but not least a Kokam 1500 lipo. Any suggestions would be great. I'm so excited I can't what for this thing.
Thanks gang.
Kenji is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Few things come to mind.

Throw away the wire pushrod for the tail use a Carbon Fiber one. Get or make a battery extension plate. For faster clyic the 3D light weight paddle holders, Tail drive shaft. Spare main blades. Wider landing gear struts, you can heat up the OEM ones with a heat gun and spread them apart.

Read through some of the threads and you'll get some good tips.
mdttb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2004, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sounds like good adivse to me. And I see that link on the bottom so I will give that place a try. Thanks for the help. I just want to get this right from the start.

Thanks
Kenny
Old 01-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well Todd, I just flew the shogun for the first time. Greaaaaat!! I had a little trouble getting the gyro in the right angle but all seems good now. I did everyone of those upgrades as you said. That tail holds great. The batt. ext. works great too. I have not done the tail drive gear yet but I did lube it a little first. This thing acts just like my hawk does. I will report back to tell about the 3D of it all.
Thanks for the hints

Kenny
Old 01-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kenny
Great to hear that ! I was totaly happy when I first got my Shogun and flew it. I messed around with the Hummbirds and Dragonfly before I got mine. I havent been back to my HB or DF since.
mdttb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sar
Registered Users

Make sure to use some screws to pin your tail rotor case to the tailboom and the tailboom to the frame of the heli. I can't tell you how much it stinks to have your tail rotor assembly come off mid flight(actually, about $200 ). It doesn't seem really important until you're writing up the parts list.

Also consider picking up some spare TR drive shafts and gears if your keeping a stock of usefull spares, they seem to be one of the first things to get damaged.
Sar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Already did srew in the tail boom and the other end too. Sorry to hear about the $200.00. That sucks. Been there I did get the new shogun with the bevel gears. But I ordered new ones in the blue plastic with the hardend shaft and I also ordered a new ulteam input gear. I'm still working out the pitch and throttle curves.
My pitch guage is on back order so I have been just going on feel for now. I can fly around on 50% power with no problem but I think I need to raise the thottle and lower the pitch since everyone says this thing likes the head speed. But that high head speed sounds different to me. I'm a nitro person. thanks for the help. I think it made a big difference in doing those thing while building it instead of the after though. oh, those hummingbirds suck compared to this thing. Talk about a wasted 400.00 bucks
Kenny
Old 01-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sar
Registered Users

Yeah I've been through the hummingbird phase as well. Once I got the Zoom I was just floored. I don't have the Zoom anymore. I'm in the process of changing my heli fleet so it had to go. It was still a fun flyer, I think the parts price could be a lot less though, it's FEELS cheaper to keep a 50 or 60 in the air

Mine did like the high headspeed and the motor ran a lot cooler as well at the higher settings which is a bonus.
Sar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in