Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First Mini Protos Build And Need Advice.

So after much thought and consideration i pulled the trigger on the Mini Protos Stretch Running 6S for my first large heli (bigger than my mCPx BL I mean). It should be delivered of Friday and I'm looking forward to starting the build.

Set up so far:
MSH Brain FBL
Stock YGE 60A ESC
Stock MSH 6S Motor
MKS DS95 Cyclic Servos
MKS DS95i Tail Servo
MSH/SAB 350mm Blades
CNC Tail Pulley Set
CNC Tail Drive Pulley

I was planning on upgrading the Motor to the Scorpion HK2520-1360Kv, Upgrading the FBL to the Skookum SK720 Black and adding the Scorpion Back Up Guard(Insurance Policy).

What I cant figure out is what tail blades to use, which motor Pinion and which flight battery to use. From everything I've read it looks like a battery from 1200 to 1800 depending on who the maker would fit the bill. It's difficult to decide because some are saying that Pulse 1350 is good and others saying that the Pulse 1350 was no good and this goes for pretty well every battery, I found that Align makes a 1450mAh battery and was wondering if that battery would work for this set up or if it would even fit under the canopy, another thing I cant seem to find is if the ESC has a built in Governor or not and would I need a BEC too.

I likely wont fly this heli doing any real hard 3D right off as I'm likely going to be afraid of crashing the hell out of it but I will do some flips and rolls and FFF till I get the feel and confidence to dial her up and really push her. I'm looking forward to this snow melting and getting her built and outside. If I'm missing something or if there's an upgrade that is worthwhile I'd like to hear about it too.
AaronB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in