Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO1 View Post
I posted in another thread, but I went with this one,

http://www.nitroplanes.com/exrcf4edfrcj.html
Nice! You'll have to post back and let us know what you think of it...how it flies.

Skarn
Skarn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know if a 3S 2200mAh battery will fit these ducted fan jets (and of course if they still fly nicely), particularly this one? http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f5e_tiger...18706_prd1.htm
I have a couple of those batteries from my TRex 450 and would if possible aviod having to buy different ones. I tried contacting hobby lobby about this, but didn't get any reply so far.

Thanks
Martin
Pogo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your Trex batterys will work great in a phase 3 F-16.

I am also using my Trex batteries for the Hobby-Lobby Rafale. I had to dig out a lot of foam to move the battery back to the correct cg location, but it flies great. I upgraded the motor and added thrust vectoring paddles to it.

I don't know anything about the F-5 though.
Squirrlybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My e-flight BAe Hawk is flying great! Here is a quick video of the maiden taken with my crappy camera by a nice guy at the field. (dont blame the music on me, I was concentrating on the Jet)

BAe Hawk Maiden Flight (2 min 18 sec)
Old 05-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info! I could not find the rafale on the Hobby-Lobby website.... was it intended for 3S 1200mAh batts as well? If so, it sounds like it's definately possible to use the bigger batts in a jet like this
Old 05-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think the F-5 will be as forgiving on weight as the Rafale, though I could be wrong. The Rafale has much more wing area and has a pretty wide speed range. This makes it a great airframe for experimenting. I don't really know much about that F-5 but you should be able to find a lot of info about it on rcgroups.

I added thrust vectoring paddles to my Rafale which really help to flip it around 3D style.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=108804
Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another point to add that may be to your benefit is that Hobby-Lobby always sells the bare minimum battery to get you airborn with any of their aircraft. The batteries that come with the kits are pretty much only good for determining the proper balance location prior to hogging out foam to drop in a bigger battery.

You should always look to see what others have done before you to determine the proper power system. The F-5 is probably fine to use Trex batteries, but I would check at rcgroups in the foamy edf forum first.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot for your input, much appreciated!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Does anyone know if a 3S 2200mAh battery will fit these ducted fan jets (and of course if they still fly nicely), particularly this one? http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f5e_tiger...18706_prd1.htm
I have a couple of those batteries from my TRex 450 and would if possible aviod having to buy different ones. I tried contacting hobby lobby about this, but didn't get any reply so far.

Thanks
Martin
It says 1300 mAH. So a 2200 will be very heavy, the CG will be way forward.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
It says 1300 mAH. So a 2200 will be very heavy, the CG will be way forward.
Yes, but if it physically fits (it does, the 2200 is just a bit longer but otherwise identical) and the Jet has enough power, it's very possible that it will still fly nicely, of course after adjusting the location for proper CG. There's a tread over on rcgroups that I found today that has someone build exactly this model with 2200mAh batts, so I found what I was looking for . Thanks everyone.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrlybird View Post
My e-flight BAe Hawk is flying great! Here is a quick video of the maiden taken with my crappy camera by a nice guy at the field. (dont blame the music on me, I was concentrating on the Jet)

YouTube - BAe Hawk Maiden Flight
A little hot on the landing ehh? It's funny, I just bought a T45 myself. A foamy from SAPAC. It flies nicely on 3S 2100mah. From what I understand, the C rating makes a big difference. The EDF's suck alot of juice from the lipo's, so if you don't have a decent battery it won't have much power. Not my maiden, but 2 flights after.

T45 EDF (1 min 22 sec)
jetnc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very Nice.

That Sapac T-45 is a great jet. I have my eyes fixed on the composite version. It now comes retract ready. If my eflight BAe Hawk bites it, I plan on transfering the guts to the Sapac.

My Hawk is definately hot on landing but not too bad. After a few flights and several touch and goes I managed to work out a good landing technique. My landings are getting better and better. This is still the most difficult aircraft that I have landed. The reason for the landing difficulty is due to the weight of my battery. I am using an XPS 4s 30C 3200mah battery that weights 355 grams. I could slow it up by using a lighter battery, but I am a hog on the throttle when it comes to the jets. In the words of Ricky Bobby from Taladega Nights, "I wanna go fast!"
Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You could set up flaps for your landing....I just did that last week for my A7....haven't flown it since, but guys on the A7 forum at RCU said it helped a great deal with the landings.

Skarn
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
You could set up flaps for your landing....I just did that last week for my A7....haven't flown it since, but guys on the A7 forum at RCU said it helped a great deal with the landings.

Skarn
Unfortunately, that wouldn't work for me. The eflight Hawk is known to have a bad tipstall tendency that would only get worse with the use of flaperons. I could cut some scale flaps into the wing, but that would require a lot of building time. A better option would be to run spoilerons, but I would need to buy an ar6200 receiver (I am currently using the ar500 on this model). I may upgrade the receiver later to offer the extra channel for spoilerons.

I did a simple mod to the wintips to prevent the tipstall. I simply used a heat gun to warp some washout into the tip of the aileron. I have not had a single problem with the tipstall tendency and I believe it is due to this easy mod.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone noticed that Su-34 at Hobby-Lobby.com?

I got to see it at the Joe Nall event a couple weeks ago. It is a pretty big twin engine jet with thrust vectoring nozzles and retracts for $300. I don't know the quality of the stock components, but if the motors and esc's last more than a few flights, this one could be a winner. It is too draggy of an airframe to go as fast as some of the other models, but it should have a nice presence in the air.

http://search.hobby-lobby.com/psearc...hQueryId=18999
Old 06-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man, I finally obliterated my little Gaui Tiger Shark! I knew I shouldn't have flown it yesterday...winds were WAY too high and gusty...but NOOOo......I figured I'd go one pass to show a buddy it's speed....nope, it's GONE.

What sucks is I all of the electronics survived so I figured I'd get the airframe only, but now infinity doesn't carry it anymore....I only found ONE place that carries it and it's in Austrailia! Their price was great, only $47 USD, but the shipping was $35 USD! Doh! Oh well, I ordered a new one

Skarn
Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm starting to learn a little bit about the EDF's, and I like em! I actually have 2 different F-16 kits coming in now. I've only got one fan/motor/esc setup coming in though. But either way, the lighter kit is getting it.

I had traded a MCX and a Vapor for a Stryker. When the Stryker died I bought the replacement parts (pretty much just a new kit). It was fast, for the first 2 minutes at full throttle , then my buddy looked over at me and said "you want something faster dontcha?" Yep... So now I'm shooting for an EDF faster than 100mph. It's kinda close to flying a heli, at high speeds you've got to react fast but easy.

Skarn, why don't you stick you power setup in something else? HET makes a real nice Tigershark, I think that is going to be my next build.
jetnc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello,

i know this thread is abit old but i thought i could post in here instead of opening a new one.

im flying an Art-Tech F-18 and a Belt CP v2 and now i've build an RCLander F-16D which is not flown yet.

thought i could share some videos and pictures and if anyone has experience with the RCLander F-16 it would be nice to give me some infos if interested, more videos and stuff on my youtube channel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WvdrdDRy8k[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc_cgiDX15A[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrotsT45pOc[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16-Desk-800.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	140894   Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16-Desk2-800.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	140895   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10573-800.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	140896   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10585-800.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	140897  
GaryX1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in