Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mac Sim with helis AND planks please

Hi guys,
can anyone recomend a MAC sim that has helis and Planks/ The only one that seems to come up is aerofly, but the quality seems suspect....
planks- Radian, mini crack yak, 32in Laser EPP, UM P-51, UM T-28, Umx beast,Stryker 180, plus more
Bigbadken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like you mentioned, Aerofly may be the only sim with both helicopters and airplanes that can run natively on a Mac. However, both Aerofly 5.7 and the newer RC7 version are not at the same level of performance as neXt, RealFlight, or Phoenix.

Next is my go to sim for helis, since it runs natively on the Mac. However, my daughter is into airplanes, so I installed Windows 7 via BootCamp for that. I installed Windows 7 via Parallels, but both Phoenix and RealFlight were too glitchy. I now only use Parallels for setting up electronics like the Castle products and the Skookum, but only run the Windows only simulators via BootCamp.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you sir!

I found out about clear view last night and got it run on an ancient vista laptop thats 7 years old. I've been concerned about getting real flight to work on it. Maybe I'll post up there and ask if ancient computers can run the most recent real flight.

I'm waiting on a cable to arrive. give that a shot. much cheaper and I want to try inverted on heli. Been in helis forever and I just need to train muscle memory. Hopefully a basic sim can do that and figure out the rest from actual flying.
planks- Radian, mini crack yak, 32in Laser EPP, UM P-51, UM T-28, Umx beast,Stryker 180, plus more
Old 06-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

clearview can take you pretty far... definitely inverted hovering and circuits, and sport flying. The Trex 700N is the best, IMO.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015, 02:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks code3medic! Youre totally looling out for me lol
Old 06-08-2015, 01:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
clearview can take you pretty far... definitely inverted hovering and circuits, and sport flying. The Trex 700N is the best, IMO.
From my understanding, Clearview is windows based, so will need Bootcamp to run on mac.

If running Bootcamp, then Pheonix, RealFlight and AccuRC also work.

Clearview has cars too. Clearview, Phoenix, RealFlight and AccuRC all have planes.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks arch age. As far as I know you are right clear view is windows. I runs on my crappy old laptop. I know that wasn't my original question sorry. Do u happen to know if real flight or Phoenix will run on an old system.Hobby shop. Guy said no way
Old 06-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadken View Post
Thanks arch age. As far as I know you are right clear view is windows. I runs on my crappy old laptop. I know that wasn't my original question sorry. Do u happen to know if real flight or Phoenix will run on an old system.Hobby shop. Guy said no way
Depends more on the graphics card than the CPU. Both Phoenix and RF will run fine on a low spec machine as long as the graphics card is good. Really need to test on the machine.

If the machine runs Heli-X demo version or neXt demo version fine, then it will most likely run Phoenix or RealFlight fine. AccuRC is a different story though (requires more grunt, but as of 1.5 not too much more).
Old 06-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just decided to spend some money on Heli-x. my sim cable arrived. had trouble getting it working but i think it was mostly me.

did some interweb searching. One problem could have been I needed to turn my Dx8 off. read some where that signals get sent to trainer port if switch is left off. also changed the global setting thing with the .jar files. either one or both got it working!
Old 06-18-2015, 01:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadken View Post
Just decided to spend some money on Heli-x. my sim cable arrived. had trouble getting it working but i think it was mostly me.

did some interweb searching. One problem could have been I needed to turn my Dx8 off. read some where that signals get sent to trainer port if switch is left off. also changed the global setting thing with the .jar files. either one or both got it working!
From memory this is correct.

DX8 must be off and will turn on when buddy box cable is inserted. It will then send the current models signals through the cable (instead of the transmitter module).
Old 06-19-2015, 01:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks archmage. IHad trouble at first. Got it working. I'm very pleased.

Now it would be the cats pajamas to get switches working too for iu1 iu2 and throttle hold. I fooled with it sine but I can't figure it out. I have 5th channel selected. It seems throttle and pitch are linked together. I have curves and expo ignored.

In the button menu should the switches move the blue bars? Switches dont seem to have any effect on the sim for me
Old 08-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got aerofly 7 from the Mac App Store.

The $40 basic version is marginal for helis (a couple old, underpowered fly barred models) but gets the job done. For planes it is okay with about 2 of each type and a couple scenes and a slope.

The overall feel of the menus is VERY dated, but the graphics are passable and the simulation is pretty good.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2020, 07:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a new Heli-X 9c demo: https://www.heli-x.info/cms/corona-crisis/

It is also offered for MAC.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in