Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tom is right. It's the same with a gyro, you must make sure you program it to work with your servos. There may be a setting for digital or analog servo, or similar... Just read the instructions carefully and you should be fine.

Jonny
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

MicroBeast is compatible with analogue servos, but in most cases will perform better with digital. It might be that an MG90 seems like a 65MG, but from what I have read about the HS65MG, it is in a class of its own. According to Walter, one of the MicroBeast senior developers, when asked about the HS65MG, and whether it would work with the MicroBeast, his reply was that it was a very special animal indeed, and performed exceptionally well in their tests, and even outperformed some digital servos. If the MG90 could match up to this claim I would be very surprised. My guess is that it will probably work okay, but you would be better with HS65MG, or better still with a decent set of digital servos. I'm using the MicroBeast with HS65MGs on my 450 Pro, and they are performing exceptionally well. I am using DS410s, Align digitals on the 250, and they seem to manage okay too. In neither case do they get hot, and I am running them at the BeastX recommended settings for frequency and pulse width. As mentioned by Tom, it is essential you get these settings right, or else you can damage your servos, or at least have an underperforming system.

Here is the quote by Walter.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...65#post2558247

Good luck and welcome.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you do find at that you want to get some new servos and are looking at the HS65MG´s then also consider the digital version HS5065MG. They are only 4$ more.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent point, Tjomp! I went with them on my 450 and never looked back!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MG90

So, I've been using these servos for a while now and here is my in put.

According to the manufacture the MG90 is digital and the MG90S is analog.

These servers are a bit twitchy. I have tried them on two different gyros. One servo twitched till it smoked itself good bye. Initially I thought I might have been the gyros, but the Hitec 65mg's didn't twitch nor did my 5245 digital. Even on the cyclic they twitch every now and then, and it's getting annoying. I have one installed on my RC18T2, and it works great for that, but they don't seem to like gyros. I have 3 running directly to my radio for the cyclic. On the gyro it's a 50/50 twitch chance, and I have no idea what sets it off.

I
Glitch01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tower Pro MG90

These servos just twitch with or without the gyro. Setting the pitch on my blades was a pain cause these stupid servos kept twitching off center.
Glitch01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think comparing a MG90 to a HS65MG or 5245 is an unfair comparison, but I'm grateful for the information given.

People in the Belt-CP forum have always recommended MG90's as a cheap, long lasting solution to stock e-sky servo's, mianly just for cyclic because of the speed. I'm wondering if they are so good also? Not just becuase of your twitching issue, but it's also been reported that they have different dimensions than the SG90's, and introduces vectoring to the linkages. I'll not be recommending these anymore. Should find a better cheap MG alternative.
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

About 1 in 20 have a twitching problem. The MG 90s are analog not digital. They are also not recommended for tail servos because they are not fast enough to get the job done.
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in