Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 05:21 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

didn't know at the time that you had bought a purpose built design, and I wasn't saying that it is wrong, only that when making your own it works better on a 450 size if you use the long end of the existing lever and go across the shaft, as it gives a greater range of freedom. With those I think perhaps there is no choice but to have them as per their own picture. After all, they don't do much, just act as a swash follower, but if they bind then it can limit overall throw. You should go with whatever gives the best range of movement. My guess would be that this would be as per their layout in this case as they are too short to go across the shaft, and give good alignment. On my 600 I cut down my levers leaving only the short end, and it worked well enough, very well in fact, but when I did the same on my 450 mod it was no good, and I had to use the long end going the other way. Like I say, whatever gives best movement. Here is how it worked out on the 600 which is much bigger to work on, with a much better range of motion, so it was fine, but I still wish I had cut off the short end leaving the long end so I could have gone the other way.

Hope the Rx comes through soon and looking forward to hearing news of the maiden.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The fact is the way shown gives plenty of positive but would bind on collective negative. Throw in cyclic and it was a no go. The way I have it now works in both directions. It has a picture of a head setup like i have it now in my FBL control manual. I feel good with the changes. You were right about the binding and it is gone now. The way shown IS WRONG on HK from my exerience.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good stuff. Glad it is working out.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Purple head !!!

@Chad: you have almost managed to send me to have my eyeglass prescription checked until I found a couple of pics that were actually in focus
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

STILL NO RX'S!!! @&%#!!! The damn thing has been in Denver 6 @&%#ing days, and scanned 3times at the same PO. Did the same thing in CA. I have been in contact with the PO since then. Today someone actually put a message in the system to correct the problem the next time it scans. I hope it scans tonight, so I can get them tomorrow along w/my 435mm blades. It should have been here last Monday.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Purple head !!!

@Chad: you have almost managed to send me to have my eyeglass prescription checked until I found a couple of pics that were actually in focus
No need for new specs. The belt really is that blurry. I used the purple swash, which is good, the rest of the purple head is garbage. You see the purp cnc frame bits n pieces blinging.

Last edited by Heli Yea!; 03-27-2014 at 12:49 AM..
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 12:53 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well my package scanned today... IN NEW JERSEY!!!! I hope they got the message and are shipping it back here.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm currently having the same odd USPS routing issue for one of my orders from China. It arrived in NY then arrived in WI...and now it's in TX...

You would think it would be easier to go from NY to MD...
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Jerry made me do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Purple head !!!

I built up a complete Purple FBL head while still waiting for the RX's. I then used every last brain cell I had to figure out how to get my Deviation firmware to work. I installed it once found it to be a chore to learn. It has a huge learning curve for all the mixers, scales and a whole lot of complex settings. After re-installing the Devo (stock) firmware I tried the Deviation firmware again it would not work properly. The LCD displays were mostly gone and my computer would no longer recognize my TX as a USB stick(very important). I tried again today and used a Map from the manual( no graphics or words in the TX) to guide it to where USB mode should be and turned it on manually via the map. It worked!!! MY WALKERA TALKS TO MY OLD SPECTRUM RX!!!! The Deviation is much easier to use now that I use the "Simple" not "Advanced"(standard) graphic user interface and all mixers are turned off. Now I get it.

So I bound the RX, Did all the MicroBeast v2 clone setup/parameters(Sutty I got blue) and Maidened-ish the ALL purple Belt CP with The homemade purple Esky FBL Head. Got it about 6" off the ground and it pitched the nose down and I landed her. Upon inspection my bent pins and CA'ed swash follower had come loose.

Next step Take the Purple head off for more tinkering. (see what you have caused Jerry) I'm going to put back on the CopX/HK FBL head Redo the MB setup and give her a real maiden. I'll also get some pics of the purple head and post em' up. I'm so EXCITED I can barely stand it!!!

BTW I contacted Ehirobo and asked them to reship my order. It has now been scanned in Califorina 2 times Denver 4 times and New Jersey 3 times. Who knows where this package will go. Just goes to show ya.. If there's a will there's a way and if there's a way , I'm doing it.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
BTW I contacted Ehirobo and asked them to reship my order. It has now been scanned in Califorina 2 times Denver 4 times and New Jersey 3 times. Who knows where this package will go. Just goes to show ya.. If there's a will there's a way and if there's a way , I'm doing it.
I finally got my package on Sat. I suggest you contact the USPS to see what's going on.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds good Chad, can't wait for a vid of it in action.

Have to admit, I'm not looking forward to the FBL learning curve either, but it has got to the point now where I cannot avoid it any more!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default We're not in Kansas any more Toto!

Ok, I've got the HK/CopX FBL head back on. I gotta do some work on the tail mechanics like reverse the grips for more range and better center position then fiddle with servo/gyro direction. Got to use the pit gauge/ swash leveler get the set up perfect for this head and redo some MB steps. Then I just hope for a break in the wind... It has been hellatious to say the least. The winds are ripping down BIG limbs/branches, of which one CRUSHED my friends' neighbor's CAR!! The winds will assure I don't rush and make sure I am perfectly satisfied with the setup. WTF Was that a small dog flying down the street? Anyhow, no maiden today unless something gives.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well she's all set and ready to go! I got blue(optimal) cyclic and colective again! Im running +/-11.5 and have 16* max availible cyclic at midstick. After fussing with the tail grips, I found it made no difference, so I put them back and centered the pitch slider mechanicly. Now the tail is "loaded" but I have equal travel in both directions. I originally had the slider at zero pitch. Anyhow, I am 100% satisfied w/my setup now and ready for the maiden!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:35 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default More good news

My RXs/blades are back in Denver!!! I also got a CopterX 500 FB head today in the mail given to me by a fellow freak. I can either use it for spares or construct another FBL head. BTW anyone need a Spectrum AR6100(DSM2)? FREE to a good home when I get my RXs since I will no longer need it.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:54 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good luck with the maiden!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 on maiden, Chad.

As for the routing, between you and me, avoid UPS. My old friend from Masters program back in Poland is one of the senior programmers for their routing system in their systems facility in Mahwah, NJ. I'm not saying I did it, but I might have looked over her shoulder once when she was accessing her system from home during some social event, so theoretically there might be there now a couple of lines of code redirecting some shipments from suspected heli sites to my brother's home in NJ She's probably trying to figure out now the bug that causes all these unexplained NJ re-routes
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Indeed good luck with the maiden Chad, and no thanks for me on the kind offer of the Rx. I have all I need at the moment. Just a slight word of caution over your settings before you go though. Wouldn't have been a show stopper but no need for such a high cyclic limit at step L, though it will make little difference in most practical terms. Most current FBL thinking, even with the MB manual saying otherwise, is that largely 12 will be enough, and very high values, like 16, can lead to bogging in emergency rescue situations, or even worse, potential boom strikes. 12, when you turn the wick up on the MB, will be well fast enough. If you don't turn the wick up, so it is flying nicely within itself, well it won't even go there anyway. Surprised you got blue @ 6, when you can get 16 at L. Normally blue @ 6 means a nice tight resolution, and not so much overall travel, making getting 16 quite difficult, but hey some servos and heads allow a lot of rotation and movement.

Note also that setting it at mid-stick is not correct with the MB. You cannot make a variable setting, like a cone, with 16 at mid stick, and say 12 a full stick, you have to tone it down to whatever is your worst case scenario as there is only one setting for the whole range, so telling us and it what you have at mid stick is a little worrying, as the only restricted parts are at either high or low stick.

Like I say, not going to be a show stopper, but I thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 04-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not to worry, I adjusted my cyclic limits at full +/- collective. I have changed the geometry to closer to the manual configuration but the button onthe arm is pointing in. I MOD'ed the washout plastic links to clear the swash/follower at extreme cyclic/collective and still spin. I also swaped to really short balls on the swash, yanked the head stopper button, and moved the bladegrip balls to the inner-most holes. Having no power to test doing them mods, I may have done too good of job.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is all complete gobbledee-gook to me!! I might just go cap in hand to Sutty when I eventually go FBL, otherwise (like the 600 and charging station) it might take me another 2yrs to figure it out!!

Good luck Chad
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The vids are baking and so am I.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in