Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default RTF FPV quad.

Had a better idea than wating for Jerry. What's cheap (ish), small, durable, rtf, quad, fpv, my goggles compatible and my radio compatible?

That way I can learn to become good at fpv on my 450 before I actually fly it. Oh and don't say the sim, because as we all know it just isn't the same.

Come on Tom, you must have something up your sleeve.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thinking about it some more, I have all I need for the FPV, other than an RTF Quad. I need one that can carry what I have, which you guys have seen. What's out there that can bind to my Spektrum Tx. I'll be looking too.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 02-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-ufos-multi...ed-2-4ghz.html

Just ditch the 702 Rx and throw in yours. You can ditch the RX my way.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think something like this might be good. Takes 2200mAh 3S packs, which of course I have for my 450s. GPS, RTH, SAFE, Spektrum BNF, big enough for Go pro, etc. What do you reackon.

http://quadcopters.co.uk/blade-350-q...bnf-1163-p.asp

Cheers

Sutty
Old 02-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah ha. Thanks Chad. Another one to look at. Will keep on looking.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 02-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheap the man says!

Depends on what your definition of cheap is. My definition, Jerry and I went the cheap route.

Actually, this might be the "best cheap option". http://provideocoalition.com/jfoster...fpv-quadcopter

This one will use your radio. You would need to do some mods to add your camera and vtx, but others have done this and swear by the quad.

http://www.bladehelis.com/350qx/

Then, there is the DJI Phantom. http://www.helidirect.com/dji-phanto...er-p-34740.hdx

Better make damn sure you really want to open this door. Just like the 25 cent gutter slut said, 'once you go black, there's no going back'.
Look what happened to me! " Oh, I'll just get a cheap Gaui 330x to play with".
Old 02-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chad is right on the money though, as far as small cheap fpv quads go, Walkera has this cornered.

Now leave me alone to watch my very favorite Olympic sport, curling!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom...rger-823-p.asp

This one? Would need your help with my radio gear though Tom. Haven't got a scooby doo how ESCs become flight surfaces, lol.

Just gonna look at what you found there.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh, okay, so the Blade is quite good then. I linked that one before. That's it then, blade it is. Never had anything that didn't work as it claimed to do from them, and it is BNF, so I don't have to think. Few quick mods with some tape and my camera will be fitted. You know me, don't care what it looks like, only how it performs.

Quadcopters UK seems to be just a few miles away. I'll call them tomorrow.

On what planet are yours and Jerry's forays into this area actually cheap? You must be on at least a couple of million by now.

To clarify though, my definition of cheap is that I have only had one decent crash all winter costing me about £70, even though that included double spares, so was realistically about £40. On that basis I am due.

If it leads down a dark and scary alley from which there is no turning back, then so be it.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 02-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahhh Sut, Sut, Sut,,, don't ever say I didn't give you fair warning!

Yeah, that's the devil dog. Quadcopters.uk is deffinately the company you want to deal with! Excellent group.

Ok, first thing you are going to discover with any DJI product, there are a LARGE amount of complaints posted. Don't worry about that. Fact is, it's the most prolific quad on the market. For every quad by other manufacturers out there than sells, DJI sells a thousand to match.
Next, 99.5% of all the failures you read about are operator related.

( Damn, that chick on the Swiss curling team is HOT! )

Truth is, the Phantom is an unbeatable combination, at the moment.
Biggest difference between the v1 and the v2 version is the battery. Don't worry over that.

Make damn sure you talk to Quadcopters.uk about your goals. They are more than capable of giving you a bind & fly package that can include vtx. Just add your camera, ( or just tap into you Gopro like most people do for fpv. Pretty sure they can include the patch cable you need. ) and your receiver.
Also, make sure you tell them that your buddy from Multirotor forums sent you. They appreciate knowing where their customer base comes from. Encourages them to frequent the forums which can only make things better for the rest of us.

As far as me helping you loose what little grasp you have left on your sanity, better kiss your wife, ( and wallet ), good-by. Just tell her you're going on a very long and lonely trip without ever really physically leaving. By now, she has to understand, and appreciate your mental absence.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

F'n Chinese chicks!!! They just won't go away!
Somebody please explain to me how such an obvious Scottish sport could possibly interest the Chinese enough to make curling a full time fully funded franchise?

Think the Blade is the right choice for your immediate goal. Forums for that machine are full of positive, very few complaints.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, good advice there Tom. I'll be sure to mention your forum, when I have a chat with them.

Yeah, I never said I'd heard anything bad about DJI, but now you come to mention it, lol. Actually, I do have a small issue with them, which makes me reluctant to give them any business. As you know, they are deliberately witholding a promised release, RTH for the heli version, so that people have to buy there much, much, more expensive systems that have it.

Anyway, I'll see what they say.

Cheers guys.

Sutty
Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn! That hot Swiss chis has a tongue piercing. Never had that. How can you improve on perfection, ( other than to permanently remove the vocal cords, duh) ?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

, I've already watched all this as it happened, this morning and afternoon. I had a similar reaction though, how can they be better than us. Still, not out yet right, and might get revenge when it counts.

Cheers

Sut
Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha, take that Rocque!

Gave me mahogany .
Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Jerry, as Jack would say, I'm burning in hell for this!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Had a better idea than wating for Jerry. What's cheap (ish), small, durable, rtf, quad, fpv, my goggles compatible and my radio compatible?
Waiting for me is a losing game at the moment

I think Blade is quite good, saw it flying at our field and it looks better than Phantom, it'll get you going quick. All you need is to mount the fpv cam and VTx, and you're golden.

Phantom might me a better deal (v2, not vision with it's crappy camera and even worse stabilizer - checked them out at our field as well and don't like them) if you think you may want to take the Naza off it later to move it to another airframe, can't do it with Blade stuff. Throwing out srock Rx and replacing it with Spektrum or Orange one is a trivial exercise with Phantom.

@Tom: Wake up, buddy, where did you get the cheap from? I must be down about $3k into my hexa experiment, and I'm sure you're down at least twice that. Yes, you will burn in hell.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Jerry

Yeah, I know you're busy, but you also know I'm only messing about. Anyway, both you and Tom have now said the Blade is basically going to be good enough, and it will get me going quickly, and that is what I'm after. After all, the reason I got a Belt-CP was because I wanted RTF, and not to spend a whole lot of time messing about with it.

Seriously though, if I can just blow £300 ish, and then get myself an RTH platform for seeing if I can take to it, then anything I choose to do afterwards can be at my own pace.

If, after giving it a reasonable amount of practice time, I hate it, then I can sell it, and if I like it, then I can undertake a custom build just as you guys did, or go with the arducopter platform for my 450.

One cheap RTF heli led to a passion for helis. I wonder what this will bring?

Didn't get hold of them today, as I was very busy at work. Tried too late from the hotel, but I guess I'd missed them.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 02-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi guys,

I have been reading your comments on fpv quads.. and having built a few myself, I have not really got there yet with a full fpv kit.. and since that was over 12 months ago, all my stuff is not out of date... sooo much better flight control boards out now for so little $$$

Problem .now is that the authorities (Civil Aviation Safety Authority - CASA) has stepped in and fined FPV pilots for breaking Cicil Aviation rules...which is fait enough..

some idiots did the following..

1. tried to fly over and thru the structure of Sydney Harbour Bridge, and ended up crashing onto the railway tracks and stopped a train !!
2. flying above the cloud layers in sydney suburban areas.. in restricted airspace.
3. flying over 2000ft in the approach paths of sydney aitport. a comercial airline spotted and reported the infringement.

As a result, our Model association has published new regulations for FPV pilots, which means me !!
1. fpv pilots must have a spotter who is must remain in eyesight of the model at all times. no vision enhancement products are allowed.
2. fpv flights must only be conducted at LMAF sites , which have been registered with CASA.
3. model height restrictions apply over these airfields - usually 2000ft.

So this takes the fun out of fpv for me... !! I don;t think i'll bother now !1
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Chris

The UK has had this in place for some time. 400 feet ceiling, spotter, who is the responsible person. Always line of sight, and some other things that are in the ANO. Still of interest to me, as I could still have fun hedge hopping in the fields around my house. If it had to take place at a registered site, then this would affect me, once I was caught. Doubt I'd be caught though, as I would not breach any of the other rules. Apart from the spotter thing, and the line of sight thing, and the altitude thing, but other than that, no issues.

Cheers

Sutty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in