Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Good deal!
OK, I got the thermal tape ordered. http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/akthadtaak80.html

I also ordered some Expandable wire sleeving. http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/sleeving.html

And guess what, I ordered 4 of these nice little BNF micro sinks...they come with tape.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/misimi.html

And best of all I found a new supplier. Sidewinder Computer Sys. and they are right down the road in Indiana. Sweeeeeet!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Am I the only old guy here with time on his hands!?!?!?

Nice finds! That thermal tape @ 0.3mm should do the trick. Do those other aluminum heat sinks fit? I'd like to use them on the 3 ESC FETs, but I think that would add unnecessary weight, as they don't heat up, unlike our problem child chip.
dragnse7en is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Am I the only old guy here with time on his hands!?!?!?

Nice finds! That thermal tape @ 0.3mm should do the trick. Do those other aluminum heat sinks fit?
Well, I'm 60 and have a little bit of time on my hands today. Only 'cause I'm being a little (a lot) lazy today. But I have to get moving and go pick up some house stuff for another project, which will not be near as fun as working on a RC heli.

I think the Silvermicro sinks will fit. They are a little taller but the base is still 8.5 X 8.5. They are however 8mm tall. But I really like the look of them, and if need be I might be able to sand/grind them down a little.

Oh, BTW where did you get those 1mm shims? And how can I get some?

Off to work on my other list....
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodothevoodoo View Post
Well, I'm 60 and have a little bit of time on my hands today. Only 'cause I'm being a little (a lot) lazy today. But I have to get moving and go pick up some house stuff for another project, which will not be near as fun as working on a RC heli.

I think the Silvermicro sinks will fit. They are a little taller but the base is still 8.5 X 8.5. They are however 8mm tall. But I really like the look of them, and if need be I might be able to sand/grind them down a little.

Oh, BTW where did you get those 1mm shims? And how can I get some?

Off to work on my other list....
Ah, only 18 short years to catch up to you!

Yes, the 0.1mm shims were left-overs from one of my Tamiya TRF on-road rc cars. You can get a set from me for the cheap, or pay a crazy $10+ after shipping for the full three size set. I ordered a bunch earlier this week straight from Japan, so it could take 4-5 weeks for them to show up here. I'll PM you when they arrive if you're still interested.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, if you get a few extra, I'd be glad to buy a couple from you. My partner says that small amount of slop is no problem due to the spinning head forcing everything to the outside, but Iduno, I'd just as soon shim it out if possible.

Edit, News for you. 42 is not old. 50 is not old. Hell 60 is just getting close. I have a friend who is 72 and still rides a full dress Harley FLTH with his wife on board. I just hope I feel that good in a dozen years from now.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodothevoodoo View Post
Yeah, if you get a few extra, I'd be glad to buy a couple from you. My partner says that small amount of slop is no problem due to the spinning head forcing everything to the outside, but Iduno, I'd just as soon shim it out if possible.

Edit, News for you. 42 is not old. 50 is not old. Hell 60 is just getting close. I have a friend who is 72 and still rides a full dress Harley FLTH with his wife on board. I just hope I feel that good in a dozen years from now.
Awesome! Hope he doesn't look like the guy made of money in that pretentious Geicko commercial when he rides! lol!

I ordered enough for15 sets of those shims for now, so you won't be left out. Well, 14 after all - I got you for a set
Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I edited this post, as I did not want to hi-jack the thread. It's a good tech thread and should be kept that way.

Last edited by whodothevoodoo; 03-08-2013 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Delete pics,
whodothevoodoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow - that's a big bike!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I needed a new main frame, and while I was at it, got the optional solid 2.5mm tail boom. I'm glad I did, because my old modded tail would not seat all the way into the socket on the new frame.

However, the new solid boom fit "all too easy" inside the new main frame. I needed to grab the Shoe Goo, and with a toothpick, added a small coat of the adhesive inside the socket, pressed the new boom in place, and used another toothpick to clean up the excess Shoe Goo that came out near the rear servo. I'll let that all dry for an hour, and check things out.

So, if anyone gets the optional solid boom, check it for fitment; it may need some of that Shoe Goo help!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-09_17-32-54_16.jpg
Views:	3673
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	402052  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so i bit the bullet and have one of these little beasts on the way. Got a sale price in mind for one of these heat sinks?
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The heat sink is not a requirement and as far as I know, no one has used it long enough to prove it's worth the trouble. I still don't have one installed because I forgot to order tape with the first batch.

So don't worry about that. I would make sure that the power cord and the antenna are not laying against the mofset FET on the left rear side of the board. When you look for it, you can't miss it.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go have a look at the first post in this thread. It has a good pic of the FET.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

whodo......
While flying at our local gym yesterday I saw the owner of the LHS flying a new BL....
Remembering the tip about checking the wire(s) on the 3-in-1.....I looked at his....
Sure enough!! The battery leads were resting up against the FET...and were already showing slight scorch marks!! A small zip-tie around the canopy support did the trick!!
(As a token of his appreciation.....he presented me with a new 2s battery!! He knows my BL will be coming in this week...so he KNOWS I'll "be around" for more goodies.....!!)
So.....Many THANKS to ALL who've posted their BL fixes here!!
Happy Flying!!
dasBlade450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weather is rubbish here. Time for some tinkering:

For those of you with some spare V1/V2 parts -

First I modified one of my custom made vac-formed canopies that I made for the MCPX v1. This is much stronger than stock:

Then modified a set of V1/V2 AirTime skids, whilst I wait for my BL AirTime skids to arrive:

stevebaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking good Steve, is your canopy one piece or made in halves?
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's one-piece vacuformed from PETG. Ends up a little thicker than stock and much stronger.
I should have made a mould for the new BL canopy before I smashed it up as it's slightly bigger
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a video of my home made former making my first ever canopy with some cheaper material to practice on:

The missus wasn't too impressed when she caught me cooking helicopters in the oven
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default board repair

Hi,

Somebody some info for a faulty board (no binding anymore, led blinks fast) ?

Maybe a low value resistor or something like that is....?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have got the heli itch , this seems Like a good bnf without many problems? Should i buy ? I want to buy this instead of upgrade my nano to brushless, will i still like. My nano? Hmmm any imput would help
Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heres a tip,
I had bad vibrations when I ran 100% throttle or did any hard pitch manouver.It would just come and go. I changed the main motor, cleaned my servos, changed my main gear etc..finally found out that one of my blade grips had a hairline crack in it. Very hard to see and notice that it was split.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in