Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HDX500 Manuals

HDX500SE manual

http://www.helidirect.com/upload/HDX...anual-V1.9.pdf

HDX500SAS (use standard servos) Manual

http://helidirect.com/upload/HDX500S..._Full_V1.1.pdf

HDX500SAH (using hitec servos) Manual

http://helidirect.com/upload/HDX500S..._Full_V1.2.pdf

Steve
www.helidirect.com

Last edited by WillJames; 11-19-2007 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: Make Sticky
helidirect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for posting these Steve.

Matt
Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default HDX500SE V2

Is there a manual on the HDX500SE V2 yet?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
tom
Registered Users

Default manual

Is there a manual for the HDX 500 se V2 bought one and using the wrong one when will ther be one for the V2
tom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom, Unfortunately there is not a manual for the V2 yet...I certainly apologize for this...this does seems a little backwards, but we wanted to address some of the issues on parts and such and the V2 manual did not get released prior to the part changes...I will be the first to say that our all of our manuals are being worked on and there will be one down the road...as soon as I get a draft copy and approve it, the V2 will be released...but until then plese feel free to PM me, email me ro call be if you get stuck on something...my info is below in my Sig...

I am building and setting up my V2 this weekend so I hopefully can answers any of questions you come up with...

Best Regards,
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 05:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default V2 Manual

Greg
Any developments here?
whitey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

6+ months later, & we're still waiting for proper documentation. Doesn't seem to be much interest in finishing the job on this project, or are you waiting to release the V3 first?
Wyldman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well there's a new model due out shortly, so we'll see.

AMA#1058309
Mon_t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default any HC500 videos

anyting on the HC500, is there a lot of differences from the other 500 models? i have only recently received a great HC500 and never got a manual with it.
wheres some good places for info on this model?
newflyguy1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newflyguy1 View Post
anyting on the HC500, is there a lot of differences from the other 500 models? i have only recently received a great HC500 and never got a manual with it.
wheres some good places for info on this model?
There isn't, other than what's on this site and the closely related Sonic/3DX 500. machine. The HDX HC500SE starts life as an OEM heli labeled the HC500 manufactured by a CNC company in China. Best ask your questions on this forum and we'll try to answer them for you (on the HC500 - I have no experience with the original HDX500 and 450 series).

There is an assembly manual of sorts (link) on the Helidirect order page. It gives an overview of the build and is generally ok, but things like head links are completely out of whack.

The HC500 is an outgrowth of the original HDX/3DX machines and incorporates a number of improvements, as well as the specific design upgrades via Charley Stevens and Henry Caldwell.

No setup manual was ever provided. I hope to remedy that in the coming weeks, as I finish getting my own new HC500 into flight trim. I have come across a number of build issues (small ones) which I will try to elaborate later.

The head is a "standard" "trex-style" (which itself is a "standard" Chinese-designed CCPM head), so therefore standard setup rules apply (see Finless Bob's heli setup videos, especially "10b" head setup for general set up. The head linkage layout measurments in the "guide" are not correct, nor are the ball link choices to achieve the correct alignments. At least not on the head as presently supplied. Be aware that the HC500 OEM base product is subject to continous development so that things like head configurations may change with time or parts supply chain. HD's supply will likely continue to reflect their labelled product, but there may be variation in other market supply. Cyclic servo choice also affects linkages for the lower link set, due to positional differences.

The HC500SE is a solid classy machine, but it suffers greatly from inadequate documentation.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya...what he said.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there, would you, could you ,provide set up parameters for HC500 on a DX6I?
chuter1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in