Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Also what I've noticed is that each of the 2 5s polyquest (enerland) packs are the same voltage after a flight, vs the fp packs which one is always higher than the other one (the last FP packs I purchased are better with this, but the enerland packs are still better). Also the cells in the polyquest packs are always within .005-.010v with each other (vs the other pack).
It's possible the 2 FP packs you have are not matched. All of my 5s and 4s packs balance just fine either 10s or 8s. If the 2 packs you are having problems with came from 2 batches then this would be why you are seeing the large imbalance. This would be the same no matter what cell you are using FP, TP, Polyquest, etc...

This why I use the "brick" packs, the pack is constructed with all 10 cells being matched to make up the complete pack.
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticidytoc
Quote:
Also what I've noticed is that each of the 2 5s polyquest (enerland) packs are the same voltage after a flight, vs the fp packs which one is always higher than the other one (the last FP packs I purchased are better with this, but the enerland packs are still better). Also the cells in the polyquest packs are always within .005-.010v with each other (vs the other pack).
It's possible the 2 FP packs you have are not matched. All of my 5s and 4s packs balance just fine either 10s or 8s. If the 2 packs you are having problems with came from 2 batches then this would be why you are seeing the large imbalance. This would be the same no matter what cell you are using FP, TP, Polyquest, etc...

This why I use the "brick" packs, the pack is constructed with all 10 cells being matched to make up the complete pack.
Ticidytoc,

Yeah I know about them being matched. The latest FP pack I purchased which are the newer 22c packs that were from the same batch received at the local LHS, are better than the other 2 sets I have. However the set I purchased and received polyquest are pretty much exact.

I wish I could get a brick pack that one fit on the 600. The only 10s 3700 is a long pack, which only will fit if I get a frame that support the long packs.

Thanks.
tcast305 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I picked up my new 1910/1Y/H from Steve this past weekend in San Diego.

So far spent a week with it and I can say I'm very pleased how well it's performing on 8s 13T/170T. Ray Nemovi is running the same motor on 10s with a 10T/170T pinion. Patrick and myself temped Ray's motor after a hard flight and it was 109*F. Very impressive to say the least, it's staying much cooler than the previous model on both the 8s and 10s setups.

The new FP V-Power 3700 packs rock!

Data logs and videos to follow.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ticidytoc, how is your 1910H 8S setup doing right now, still looking good i hope?

And what about Ray Nemovi's on 10S? Any overheating issues or stripping maingears?

Need your input: I want my next motor to be flexible enough so that I can switch from 10S to 8S and back on the fly and still be efficient in terms of average temps and longer flight times. Would the 1910H/1Y, 1912H/1Y or 1515H/2Y be flexible motors on 10S and 8S with different gearing? If you can, please post motor, gearing and predictions of its efficiency of the setup. I'd really appreciate the info... as this would truly combat my indecisiveness about what my next motor and gearing setup will be. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ray's issue with gear stripping was an issue with his CC esc. Other than that, the 10T was fine. You could also go to a helical if this is a concern with the 10s. On 8s the motor has been working flawlessly. Holds HS very well and stays cool, much cooler than the non-heli motor.

I have not run mine on 10s because imo on 8 it's more than enough power and still feels light for 3d.

Imho if you want a truly versatile motor for both, the 1910/1Y/H would be what I would run. The 1515/2y is excellent on 10s but marginal on 8s, the 1912 would not be so desirable on 8s.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

What was the known issue with Ray's CC esc causing the stripping? (What were his settings?) Was he able to correct it and HOW? As I might have similar conflicts in the future if I obtain 1910/1Y/H.

Where/How did you get your 1910H Ticidy? I've searched and none of the vendors seem to carry it, but I do see 1912H's (sold out).

Overall, with your help I think I will invest in a 1910H, 13T and FPEVO25 8S1P setup soon.

Mucho Thanks for the info.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.neumotors.com/20061222/Home.html is you best bet for a motor. You can try Diversity Model Aircraft also, they may have one in stock.

As for the CC problems, I'm not exactly sure what it was. You would have to PM him on RR for that one. I believe it had something to do with throttle hold.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How would a z-power 1110kv motor with a 15 tooth pinion do on 6cell compared to the 600L motor?
Anyone tried that?

Bjorn
Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #49 (permalink)
Cam

I put a servo disk ON the stick.

The JR Tx is rounded around the stick area. I took the stick off, cut through it and put it back on the thread with a servo disc in the middle. :wink:

Now gives you the same cyclic at all extremes so the swash (and arms) never bind!
Cam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Following 9 posts moved from Power Systems Reference thread:

I thought I would ask since there has been no activity on this thread since April and there is another power systems discussion....

Do you all agree this can be un-stickied?????

Bob

Last edited by Mercuriell; 09-05-2007 at 02:57 AM..
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

i agree....
erniefritz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 04:36 AM   #52 (permalink)
HF Support

IMHO it's a great resource and nice and compact - one of the better stickies, would be sad to see it unstickified
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

well.if it was up to me , i wouldn't "un-stickie" it. I just now came across this thread today. I have been a member for only a little while and never noticed it before. I have came across some awesome info here in this thread. Besides.......what would be the benifit of taking it off the sticky board? This thread is priceless for a dumbass like myself...haha!!
JEFFRO503 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well becasue there is another power system discussion already stickied and way more active than this one I thought WHY have 2???

But I will leave it.

Bob
Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

never mind, just unstickify it.... Seems to be lots of info in the other thread...

Bjorn

Last edited by Bjorn; 08-08-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Bjorn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This thread was intended to be a resource and resource only, the other thread was for discussions. My intention was to keep this thread free of chat and comments so people could find the info easier and quicker without having to weed through idle chatter.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticidytoc View Post
This thread was intended to be a resource and resource only, the other thread was for discussions. My intention was to keep this thread free of chat and comments so people could find the info easier and quicker without having to weed through idle chatter.
I agree this thread is brilliant in the way that you don't have to read through 100's of basically worthless post of people saying of thats a cool power system.

Here you just go and read. And you know it works. I think this is a very valuable resource which should stay sticky.
Also all the information about one system is in one post not spread out over several pages. This thread is great!
Olesee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #58 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

No problem thats why I asked.... About time you said something Ticidy

Bob
Old 08-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
TRex 600 CF Bought, built, & flown at IRCHA 2007!

Align 600XL motor
Align 75A speed control
13 tooth helical pinion
Two 5S 4000 mAh 20C packs in parallel to make 5S 8000 mAh (I had two 5S 4000 mAh packs for an airplane that I bought for $50 each new at an E fun fly in St Paul, MN)
Align 600mm carbon blades

No load headspeed on the ground at 100% throttle was 2150 RPM

This past Tuesday night I sport flew for 6 minutes (no 3D). Hard climb outs, loops, etc...

Motor, ESC, and packs were just warm to the touch after the flight.

I put 4,100mAh back into the parallel packs.

Based on this, I should be able to fly 9 minutes using less than 80% capacity...

I'm surprised it works this well on 5S!

Bill
This 5s setup is not what I'd consider 'Power Systems that Work". A 5s setup on a Trex600 is not a good idea imop. When you start doing some light 3D, expect 100-120 peak amps and probably 75A esc and/or motor failure.

Do yourself a favour and get a proper 10s motor/esc and run your 2x 5s packs in series.

Cheers,
Tom C
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)

Last edited by Mercuriell; 09-02-2007 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Insert quote prior to moving to other thread
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Tom,

My peak currents shouldn't be any higher than a 6s setup with the stock gearing considering that the voltage is lower with 5s. Certainly the power will be less, but for sport flying it seems to be doing quite well. Nothing is getting hot...

You certainly are correct that higher voltage is more efficient, but I disagree about your concerns about burning things up. With only 5s I'm not drawing enough current even with a 13 tooth helical pinion to damage things.

All that being said, I will have some new 4500mAh A123 cells to test in about 20-30 days. They will be made up into a 7s pack which should give me the same voltage as 6s lipoly. At that point I'll drop down to a more appropriate sized pinion.

Bill

Edit: I just realized that we're breaking the rules of this thread by commenting on things here. Feel free to delete this post moderator. Sorry...

Bill Sanford is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in